South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Just bought the book!

Hi guys,
I was at a thrift store and spotted the South Beach Diet book there like 5 copies so I snatched one. I only read the first two pages but got kinda scared when I read that you couldn't eat sugar or any fruits in the first 14 days. The reason I'm scared was because I had tried the Atkins diet and I wasn't allowed fruits or sugar on that diet as well. I almost passed out and when I went to my doctor's, she told me my blood sugar goes low (no diabetes though) but when my sugar goes low, I get weaker and REALLY hungry (sometimes a bit angry ). I know I should've read more of the book but I just wanted to check with you guys and see if there's hope for me on this diet? If you all tell me it won't happen to me and a reason why, I'll give this diet a chance. I just didn't want to read it and then come to find out I can't even do it. *sigh*

Thanks to whoever answers!
Sophie
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Sophie SB is not like Atkins you are allowed beans on phase 1. Eliminating thge sugar and fruits and grains for the first two weeks is to rid your body of cravings. If you follow the guidelines in the book after the first couple of days of detoxing you will feel great and have more energy. I am on day 4 and feel great and have my energy back. The first two days had a massive sugar withdrawal headache but no weakness, but I am sure to get my beans and dairy in every day.

Hope that helps
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/180/159

I've done Atkins and I find SBD to be much easier! I am usually a big fruit eater, but I haven't really craved any sort of fruit since I started a week ago. It makes it so much easier that we can have beans and yogurt. SO if I am craving something sweet I will have some black bean brownies or yogurt with vanilla flavoring and sweetener (which seems to be my favorite breakfast at the moment!)
And don't worry, I believe we're allowed to have fruit again in PH 2
skinnyinthedesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

SBD is not low carb, it's GOOD carb. It stabilizes your blood sugar so that is why for the first 14 days you can't have fruit. But the difference is THEN YOU CAN!!!

It's a great WOE.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Ok :3 I may give it a go then. I'm going to continue reading. I'm currently doing the Fat Smash Diet but if I stop losing, I want something to help me reach my goal weight. Thanks!
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I tried Fat Smash too. For me, it wasn't a match. good luck!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote