Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default IP Daily Chat - Thursday 10/13/2011

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You[/QUOTE]
Old 10-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Forgive me if this is already started, but I didn't see it so I figured I would go on ahead. Busy day today so not much time this morning, but good luck to everyone with WI's today!!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I have some news to share with all of you newbies, or even those who sometimes question the way things are going. IF YOU EAT WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO, THE WEIGHT WILL COME OFF. I've never had a problem with cheating as far as eating smoething off plan. As most of you know, I HAVE had trouble eating enough of what I am supposed to but I've been working on that. This week I ate all the veggies and ate whole bars instead of half and I had an excellent weigh in. I didn't quite meet my "one decade per 4 weeks" deadline (I'm 1/2 a pound from the next decade) and I didn't lose 10 pounds this last month like I'm used to but this week I lost 4 pounds! So I am now down 44.4 in 16 weeks! That leaves me with 15.4 to lose before I move to phase 2, which I need to do on Nov 24th. That is 6 weeks from today! Come on body, let's do this!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Good morning! I have some news to share with all of you newbies, or even those who sometimes question the way things are going. IF YOU EAT WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO, THE WEIGHT WILL COME OFF. I've never had a problem with cheating as far as eating smoething off plan. As most of you know, I HAVE had trouble eating enough of what I am supposed to but I've been working on that. This week I ate all the veggies and ate whole bars instead of half and I had an excellent weigh in. I didn't quite meet my "one decade per 4 weeks" deadline (I'm 1/2 a pound from the next decade) and I didn't lose 10 pounds this last month like I'm used to but this week I lost 4 pounds! So I am now down 44.4 in 16 weeks! That leaves me with 15.4 to lose before I move to phase 2, which I need to do on Nov 24th. That is 6 weeks from today! Come on body, let's do this!
Wow, Lynsey, congrats on your four pounds! I didn't weigh in this week and will weigh in next Wed. I know I am not down 4 pounds. In fact I am up a pound from yesterday. sigh.... I am really in diet fatigue right now.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #5  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Great job on being able to get all of your food in and seeing a good reward at WI. 4 lbs!! Wonderful loss!

I WI today as well. While being sick, I wasn't able to get all of my food and water in, so I'm hoping for any kind of a loss. If not, it will happen next week. I'm doing well now.

Good morning everyone! Off to read the boards while enjoying my coffee. Cool this morning.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #6  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post

Hey you caught up with me Congratulations!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:58 AM   #7  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Today is my 15th week on IP and even though I had ups and downs lately, I look at the numbers and I am very pleased that as of today, my total weight loss is 44 pounds. Even though I know if I did not cheat here and there I would have done much better, still this number is an amazing number to see. It made a huge difference on my body and the way I see myself.

I am not quite sure why I reached 205 then went up to 207 yesterday even though I was 100% OP, but all I know is that today (my official weigh-in, even though I weigh myself everyday), I was 206 and I hope that in a couple of weeks I reach the most dreamed about onederland.

Hope all of you are doing well.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning IPer's

ItsAboutTime you have rocked this program from the beginning, Congrats!

I should have a good WI tomorrow too, I am definitely in the 160's.Yeah! People are already telling me not to lose more weight, hey I have 23ish more to lose. My clothes are falling off, LOVE IT! Two people yesterday said that they couldn't believe that I was in my 50's before and now I could pass for 30's ( new best friends, jk). I can't get my pic to post, I have tried several things. I never had trouble before, sigh, WINDOWS...

Off to sew all day up on one of the beautiful Finger Lakes, won't be back until late tonight, but will check in with my peeps.

PS I am doing great with alternatives and so much less stress about the $$$
Old 10-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Great job itsaboutime, we knew it would come off and the less stress of seeing the ups and downs on the scale I am sure helped with that. Good luck with the rest of the WI's this morning. I am off to the dentist for my check up!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Wow, Lynsey, congrats on your four pounds! I didn't weigh in this week and will weigh in next Wed. I know I am not down 4 pounds. In fact I am up a pound from yesterday. sigh.... I am really in diet fatigue right now.
Sent you a PM lady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Great job on being able to get all of your food in and seeing a good reward at WI. 4 lbs!! Wonderful loss!

I WI today as well. While being sick, I wasn't able to get all of my food and water in, so I'm hoping for any kind of a loss. If not, it will happen next week. I'm doing well now.

Good morning everyone! Off to read the boards while enjoying my coffee. Cool this morning.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Today is my 15th week on IP and even though I had ups and downs lately, I look at the numbers and I am very pleased that as of today, my total weight loss is 44 pounds. Even though I know if I did not cheat here and there I would have done much better, still this number is an amazing number to see. It made a huge difference on my body and the way I see myself.

I am not quite sure why I reached 205 then went up to 207 yesterday even though I was 100% OP, but all I know is that today (my official weigh-in, even though I weigh myself everyday), I was 206 and I hope that in a couple of weeks I reach the most dreamed about onederland.

Hope all of you are doing well.
Congrats on the 44! I bet you are in onederland in the next few weeks!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #11  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone. Good luck on WIS today..and congratulations on losses with the scales moving.
Thanks for gracious supportive comments yesterday. My WI was a 2.4 down. However, my coach and the dr recommended that I go 4 below goal before going to Phase 3..so here I go!
Ready for the day on IP.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning IPer's

ItsAboutTime you have rocked this program from the beginning, Congrats!

I should have a good WI tomorrow too, I am definitely in the 160's.Yeah! People are already telling me not to lose more weight, hey I have 23ish more to lose. My clothes are falling off, LOVE IT! Two people yesterday said that they couldn't believe that I was in my 50's before and now I could pass for 30's ( new best friends, jk). I can't get my pic to post, I have tried several things. I never had trouble before, sigh, WINDOWS...

Off to sew all day up on one of the beautiful Finger Lakes, won't be back until late tonight, but will check in with my peeps.

PS I am doing great with alternatives and so much less stress about the $$$
Good luck to you tomorrow! Glad the alternatives are working for you. I get the same thing. In fact, this morning I had 2 ladies at my desk asking if I was in maintenace now and I said oh no, 15 more pounds and a couple more phases to get through before that. They just don't understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Great job itsaboutime, we knew it would come off and the less stress of seeing the ups and downs on the scale I am sure helped with that. Good luck with the rest of the WI's this morning. I am off to the dentist for my check up!
I know! I did weigh myself almost every other day and had some ups and downs but I didn't let it eat at me like I normally do. My friend on IP asked how I got such a big loss and I said, "I'm not sure but do you want to know what I different this week? I ate all the veggies and ate my whole bar. Funny how when you eat more you lose more." I am sure my little losses the last few weeks have something to do with it also but still......
Old 10-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Good morning everyone. Good luck on WIS today..and congratulations on losses with the scales moving.
Thanks for gracious supportive comments yesterday. My WI was a 2.4 down. However, my coach and the dr recommended that I go 4 below goal before going to Phase 3..so here I go!
Ready for the day on IP.
Woohoo! That is why I want to get to goal by the 24th of Nov. I'd like phase 2 and 3 to maybe lose a little more for my "reserve".

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 10-13-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #14  

Good Morning my IP Friends.... I wanted to report that I only had .5 loss this week, was feeling down, and maybe like I needed a break, contemplating my first cheat. I even talked to my DH about it. (BUT..the 3FC IP site to the rescue right?) I was thinking of writing WUV or someone in desperation, because I know that she has had weeks of small loses and still keeps the spirit. Well, I got back on this site and realized that I had not been here reading enough lately AND then new thread that says " Success Stories 100% on Plan"...was JUST WHAT I NEEDED!!!! Praise the Lord! No kidding....I feel like I just had CPR and I am revitalized and ready again. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO POSTED. I just wanted to tell anyone who might feel low, to read that thread and get the vibe flowing again.
Have a great IP day and feeling thinner is "PRICELESS"!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Some impressive losses there ladies. Great job.

Today is a busy day for me and it should be in the high 80's here today in Austin with lots of sunshine. I think today I have to part with my first pair of pants. I put them on yesterday and I spent the entire day pulling them up. I know I don't look thinner to anyone else yet (probably need to loose another 10 pounds for that), but I feel smaller inside. Does that make sense to anyone?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Closed Thread