Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 09:39 AM   #1  
CIN

Default Good Morning!

Hello everyone! Are you recovering from the 4th?

I am headed off to work and just thought I would say hello.

Glad to see some new faces here too.

Hope everyone survived the week-end!

My biggest thrill for the week-end was a ride down a blow-up slide with grandson.......took the skin right off my elbow! Ouch!

Later
Cin
Old 07-07-2003, 09:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Cin and all my little chickadees!

How did the 10K go? ouch on the elbow - that was a thrill? you are joking right? lol hope it heals up soon!

I am glad to say that I am barely sore today! that is a good thing! I posted yesterday about moving landscaping stones for over an hour and was afraid I wouldn't be able to move today! I think all the walking and handweights must have be in better shape then I thought. Needless to say, I am very thankful that I am not sore! :-)

I'm busy here at work, tons of paperwork, but just wanted to pop in and say hey hey hey.

will check back later.

hugs,
cathy
Old 07-07-2003, 10:40 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning All,

Cin, hope you don't mind, I put the date on your post so new folks don't confuse this for not being the daily thread.

4th was wonderful, but to short as usual.... sigh ~~

Nothing much else is new SOSDD !!

Can't wait for lunch LOLOLOL.... growl !
Old 07-07-2003, 10:46 AM   #4  

I spent yesterday researching the South Beach Diet. DH and I were going to to somewhere but when we went to the truck, we noticed a puddle under it. It was brake fluid. So, he went to got parts and fixed them. It wouldn't have been a problem exept that tomorrow I have to drive it to get the air conditioner fixed. Next week, we'll be doing a bit of traveling as we are on vacation.

Anyway, I see that the LC forums have a "On the Beach" forum with a lot of information. I ordered my book on Amazon used and cheap. Prevention Magazine also has info on the diet. Am not going to try to start a diet while we're traveling though.

Other than church conflicts, there isn't much new here. Is hot and humid. Our pet/feral cat named Spitter brought her three kittens over the other day to show them off. They all look like her. I hope they have better natures than she does!

I have a rotten headache today with an icky tummy! My summer cough doesn't help matters.

Gotta go....Tippy the cat is *****ing that the door to the bathroom is closed and His Magesty demands a drink of water!
Old 07-07-2003, 01:45 PM   #5  

I am back from a very soggy vacation. It rained the whole time.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I wasn't on the puter at all last week so I missed it. It turned out to be a good one after TS bill passed. We lost power for 21 hours and one of our pine trees topped itself right on top of the dog pen but other than that it was ok. The power came back on an hour b4 my party so that was a nice gift.

I was going to do the south beach diet but I went with Body Rx instead. It looked a little easier for me to follow. I have got to do something. I am in a funk and I have just about gained all of my weight back. YUCK!

Boy am I glad to be back on the site!
Old 07-07-2003, 05:30 PM   #6  
CIN

Hello again (sniff sniff)
I just let my daughter take my/her dog of 13 years to her apartment.she was surprised I cried! Thirteen years.......left with us and she didnt understand why I cried???????????????DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sorta like you child leaving. She promised to return him IF he doesnt adjust.She has always wanted him...he was her dog as a teen..........then we kept him all these years.she is 26 now! Wow...she must think I am heartless!

As far as the BIG 10K.....due to un forseen circumstances the night before the race I was unable to go. My husband needed me July 4th..............and I had to decidewhich was more important.....OF COURSE HIS NEEDS are far more important soooooooooooooooooooooooo I did the race in 0 time! HA! Ha!

See you all later
Cin
Old 07-07-2003, 06:05 PM   #7  

Hi everyone

I have a new doctor now....finally. I had a bunch of blood work done & find out the results in 2 days. He told me to stop the Effexor...which I did last Thursday.....so far I feel okay....just a bit weepy at times. I know going off Effexor can be hard....you can get really down from going off it. This doctor said....you don't need an antidepressant in the summer for Seasonal Affective disorder.

Last week DS1 & his GF were here for a visit for 6 days.....it was a really nice visit....it was the 1st time she has been here. They live about 10 hours away....driving time.

Has anyone heard of this yarn called Eyelash....am making a scarf out of it....it is very soft....sort of feathery.

I am back to counting WW points today.

I have 5 more inches to do on the scarf....it is a gift....for a friend....so I should go.

April
Old 07-08-2003, 11:07 AM   #8  

Default Cin hugs about the dog! (((CIN)))

Late entry.....just a note to say hi to everyone! I am trying to get caught up on all the posts......nice to see you are around kemp...thought we had lost u to another thread

Cin sorry to hear you had to miss your race...what did hubby need you for?

April what is your doctor's plan? I have never heard of a doc taking someone off a medication if it is working....and I have never heard of someone taking meds for certain seasons as it takes time for them to work...am interested in his thinking...always so much to learn in the land of depression and pharmaceudicals.

Cathy glad you aren't too sore....I read about all that rock hauling and my back felt sore!

Tippy hope your truck is back in working order and you have great holidays! I love cats and kittens but hubby is allergic...so my 3 lb yorkie will have to do!

Bye for now!

Eliz

Last edited by liz321; 07-08-2003 at 11:10 AM.
Closed Thread