South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:42 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Monday Oct.10

Good Morning

It's just another day here. I see the East coast had some major heat yesterday, and that our snow also made national news. It's melted off, but it's still chilly. I have all the usual projects and will focus on things indoors. If I start cleaning now I won't have the major stress as it gets closer to my sis' arrival date, Nov.1.

What's happening in your neck of the woods? Stop in and say hello !
Old 10-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, Lexxiss and all you other beautiful ladies!!! I figured I should check in here and say hello seeing as it's been a while. Lovely Cyndi sent me a message on Facebook just saying hi...so sweet of her.

Lexxiss - So funny how different your weather is from ours. I got sunburned pretty good working a barricade the other morning, LOL

Things have been really busy since I got my promotion. But I'm in the middle of 2 weeks off right now, so yay for that. I had an internet friend from my other forum fly in from Texas and we had a great weekend together. I just saw her off about 20 minutes ago. Sad to see her go. I love when you finally meet someone and they're just as awesome in person as you thought they'd be.

Our National Fair is here these 2 weeks...it's actually WHY I took this vacation. This is the only time of the year where we can actually take vacation time AND work elsewhere and it not be a problem. I've been working security at a lot of buildings and barricades for the fair. Actually worked security at the Blake Shelton concert on Saturday night...that was a lot of fun.

Anyway, I have plateaued completely and need to kickstart things. I'm thinking about doing Phase I again just to see if it'll help. Hope you ladies are having better luck w/ your journey than I am w/ mine right now. I've missed you guys and hope to be able to visit more often soon.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #3  

Oh...some pictures.

Me and my friend, Staci, who I met for the first time this weekend.

And Mr. Blake Shelton.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good coffee...

I mean, Good Morning!

Debbie, Where is your sister coming from?

Natasha, <3 Blake Shelton!

Auston doesn't have school. It's Columbus Day/Teacher-Parent meeting day. I would celebrate Columbus Day if they would let me. I already had a meeting set up with Auston's teacher. I guess we'll discuss the little bully in his class. Hopefully, it won't get back to the bully that 'Auston's mom told on him'.

It's going to be a very busy day in the office. On the bright side, it's a 3 day week for me. I'm going to the Shrimp Festival at the beach with a couple of friends this weekend. I'm feeling a little guilty. My anniversary is Friday, and I'm NOT spending it with hubs. He told me to go -- but I hope I didn't make a bad decision. sigh....
Old 10-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - you said the S word. I won't let my hubbie know, otherwise we'll have to drive up there now too!! (we drove a lot yesterday)

Natasha - so good you dropped in. You and she look like sisters!! Glad you had a great time.

Chelby - Good luck at the parent teacher conference, you'll have to let us know how the teacher received your repeat complaint.

Yesterday was amazing! It is so interesting to see such a different landscape than our own (honestly, I miss our GREEN!!!). We went to antelope canyon, and I just tried to attach a thumbnail, didn't work so well. (too big?) Today we're going to Zion National Park!

We won't discuss food until next week, 'kay?
Old 10-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Beach Babes Looks like another beautiful day here in the East.

Debbie - I really need to take planning lessons from you. Was just thinking about you and wondering if an East Coast trip is in the works in the near future?

Natasha - You two do look like you could be sisters Glad to hear you are fitting in lots of fun this summer. I do miss you in the mornings.

Chel - Good luck with the teacher meeting. I agree with everyone else, you are doing the right thing.

Twynn- Wow, what incredible pictures on fb. I felt that way about the landscape in NM too, beautiful in a completely different way. Can't wait to hear about Zion

After a rough day yesterday DW slept most of the last 24 hours. TOday she is feeling much better and is actually going to work for the morning. That means taxi service for me but it makes more sense than her trying to drive this soon. Meanwhile I've got a ton of work to do. Does anyone manage to focus and get stuff done while running back and forth to the hospital?

I will make time for me and a walk outside this afternoon. These days are too limited to waste
Old 10-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning,

I got a whopping 4 hours of sleep and I am still yawning. Skyped with my niece this morning - she's the only reason I'd get up! Taking DW to the metro in about an hour and have to hit the store for cream, cheddar cheese (which I've been craving) and chicken since ours entire package was bad a week before it's expired date - and I only bought it on Monday. $10 literally down the drain.

Debbie - I hope things warm up for you. Everywhere on the east coast is supposed to get a heat wave of 82 degrees today (even as far up as Maine!)

Natasha - I have no idea who he is but very cool

Chelby - You Tattletale

Twynn - have fun at Zion!

I am off like a prom dress to sort of start my day off (though I do have to do some work!).

ETA: Hi Cyn! I am a human taxi today as well! At least it gets me out.

Last edited by jenne1017; 10-10-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! I'm back

Debbie - Snow! I missed that while I was gone; never even saw a smidge of news.

Natasha - Hey you! I had that same experience this weekend. Amazing, isn't it.

Chelby - I forget it's a holiday. My teen is quite upset that his friends at other colleges seem to have fall break now while is doesn't get one. Enjoy your weekend; tuck a note away for your husband to find while you are gone. Or a few.

Twynn - Oh, I would love to get to Zion some day. I hope you have great weather and a great trip.

Cyndi - I've been gone so missed the latest. DW is home finally/still?

Jenn - Have a great day. Make like a banana and peel.

I had an amazing weekend. Beyond words amazing. The bloggers I met were just like I would expect from their written words. We talked and talked and talked.

The only sour note was the end of my weekend. On the (over 6 hour) drive home I got a call from my husband that his family was moving a gathering to MY house and I'd walk into it in full swing. I was pissed. I wanted to get home, unwind, unpack, write my blog post about the weekend, eat what I wanted to eat, and then just pop in to say "hi." So, no. 20 people, BBQ, chocolate cake, ugh. And there was a whole lotta emotional eating going on for me!

Back on track today. Working out with my mom. Then cardio. Then have to think about meals and grocery shop.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning, everyone! Crazy day here at work...went to open houses yesterday and think we *may* have found "The One". Scheduling a showing with our realtor to look at it again later this week!

It looks like everyone is doing well this morning. No time for shoutouts, but wanted to say hi!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

DH is grumbling because I put some household chores on his list! Oh, well...moving right along.

Angie, great news on the house!

Karen, ugg! Glad you had a nice weekend and are getting right back on track!

Jenn, thx for the pic Take a nap today!

Cyndi, no trip….I felt w/my sis having difficulties it wasn't good timing to end up across the country w/car/DH/Bing….none of the three with a way to get back w/o me. drat. The only way I focus is to with constant upheaval is to have lists, set some goals and remain flexible. I have to accept less than perfection which is difficult for me.

Twynn, have fun! Antelope Canyon is spectacular! I've never been.

Chelby, sis is in Hawaii. Good luck w/ your meeting with the teacher. You are making the right decision.

Natasha, great pic!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Everybody! I got in the door about an hour ago, and I'm totally wiped out! But it was such a fun weekend! Good food, great scenery, and with some of my bestest friends!

Natasha, it's good to hear from you again!

Karen, I'm glad your weekend get-together was as fun as mine was! Sorry about the way it ended, though.

BBL! Toodles for now!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #12  

Chelby29 - Yanno, I didn't really know much of him until he was on The Voice (love that show). He was so darn funny on that show that he won me over...and, although I don't like country music, I don't mind his songs. Plus he sure is a tall sexy drink of water. Enjoy your Shrimp Festival!!!

TwynnB - Aww, thanks. Yanno, it never occurred to me that w/ the red hair, freckles, and fair skin we kinda look like we could be relatives, LOL I'm w/ you on not discussing food until next week. After the fair last night, I need to hit Phase I for real!!!

Cyndi - Thank you so much for your message. It's nice to know that I've been missed. I've certainly missed you inspirational ladies in the morning as well. And my workouts and my diet have suffered for it...10 pounds back on, ugh!!!

Jenne - He's a country singer. I don't listen to country, but I took a liking to him seeing how funny he was on The Voice.

WaistingTime - So glad you had a good time w/ your meet-up as well!!! It's really kinda sad not having Staci here anymore today. I'm going to try to go visit her next year in Houston. We shall see.

southmplsgirl - Not sure I've met you before, but good luck w/ the house!!!

Lexxiss - Thanks.

Cottage - Glad you had a good weekend w/ your friends!!! And thank you.
Closed Thread