Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 01:08 PM   #1  
Domestic Engineer

Default #170 Ten Pounds at a Time

Hope you guys don't mind a new thread. Anyone browsing feel free to join us anytime! We are a just a group a friends trying to support each other on this weight-loss journey "10 pounds at a time".
Old 07-02-2003, 01:09 PM   #2  
Domestic Engineer

Whoo-hoo Vancouver!! Did you watch the announcement Cat? Pretty exciting! I think I've decided to go! By 2010 I won't have any babies and I have a brother in Seattle we can stay with and plenty of time to save $$ and get skinny

Terry- I made that salad last night and loved it again I looked up a poppy seed dressing on-line and it was really good. Jim thought it even better than my friends. I will give it to you if you want it. It's a great dressing for any salad. I make another with romaine, sugared almonds and mandarin oranges. To sugar any nut you just sautee them in a bit of butter and a bit of sugar- not much at all. I've never had a recipe. Of course it depends on how much you are doing, but for mine it's just like a tsp. of sugar. Last night I just used raw pecans and it was great that way too.
I'm trying to get my house back on order after our long weekend. Plus we painted our counter-tops yesterday too. (cheap quick fix for ugly formica until we decide what we really want!) So putting the kitchen back together too.
Planning an OP day! I've already had 32 oz of water and more for sure on the way. I've got to get a couple good days behind me and then I'll be in a groove again.

Check back later!
Old 07-02-2003, 02:13 PM   #3  
Connecticut

OK, Em, don't plan on having any more babies in 2010!! Whoa, just think, Ian will be 7??!!!! And, Cathy, we'd better be at goal -- and even if we are, we all still keep chatting here, ya hear!!!

I'd love the recipe, Emily, and you can email it to me at [email protected]. Thanks!!! It just sounds so refreshing and light -- perfect for the summer. And, if I don't tell anyone it's spinach, they won't know .

Cathy, excellent on the brews ---- you did it!!!!! Besides, limiting your beers to the weekend is a great idea -- that's pretty much what I am doing with my wine. And, yes, it does sound like we are both headed to AA -- only kidding of course! My dad was an alcoholic and boy do I know the difference between having a few glasses of wine or bottles of beer to relax vs drinking a case every weekend. He was a good pop nonetheless and he was never abusive. Guess I wandered off topic ....

Ok, ladies, time for lunch -- not sure what yet though!

Old 07-02-2003, 07:29 PM   #4  
Gym'll fix it!!

Just popped in for a break between weeding how come they always grow 100 times faster than anything that i plant

Yes Em..i did see the announcement and i also saw the Prime Minister on the news waffling on when asked where the money would come from

Terry..you bet we'll still be here nattering about the weather and such when we get to goal just try and stop us while i remember i'd better change your addy in my address book would'nt want you to miss any jokes

I'm having another good day and plan to have a diet pop later on, i might be adventurous and have a diet coke instead of sprite
Old 07-03-2003, 06:05 AM   #5  
Connecticut

Morning Friends!!'

Hope today finds you all smiling and well .

Big day -- hair appt -- color and cut and boy do I need it. My mom (84) always comes with me as she gets her hair done at the same time -- walker and all.

Emily, thanks so much for the recipe !!!

Cathy, you can use either email as Comcast will forward all the AATBI emails until December 2003 -- Comcast bought out ATTBI and their first day was Monday. What I do is forward them all into Outlook Express as it's so much easier to read and send.

Besides, you're right, can't miss any of your jokes !!

Wow, I see you are heading onto the heavy stuff -- Diet Coke, which by the way, is what I am having right now. Cheers!

Stayed OP yesterday -- trying to be extra good during the week because we're going out to dinner Saturday night again.

Time to read the morning paper and make the coffee -- catch you all on the rebound -- have a nice day!!!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 12:57 PM   #6  
Domestic Engineer

Diet Coke...did someone say Diet coke?? I'm out!!!!! BBL- gotta make a run to the store
Old 07-03-2003, 01:26 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies

I strayed off plan last night..had the munchies and saw hubby having crackers and cheese so i had crackers with butter and later some bread and butter so that took my calorie count over 1900 and the fat grams 65 i've just planned my meals for the day and i should be OK if i stick to it

Monday and Tuesday went well 982cals + 18g fat and 1329cals + 27g fat it seems i can only last a couple of days and then i want to binge I have'nt been able to exercise either with my darn toe and it is'nt getting any better..hubby thinks its broken and has told me to go to the clinic but as i did it on Monday night i don't think they would be able to do anything now..its really painful tho' and i can't sleep because my whole foot aches its *issing me off tho' that i can't treadmill..don't even want to try with this so that is hindering any weightloss.

I've gone back to counting cals today i was trying to do Slimming World but as you are limited in certain things i've decided to go back to what works for me..W/W worked for me too because nothing is off limits..i like that...i like to have chocolate and beer once in a while so its good that i can have them as long as i count them I'm not missing beer at all..in fact i had a bottle of water while i was chatting with hubby last night as i'd already had a pop and don't like drinking too much of it.

Its another beautiful day here..i love summer..got to go to the mall later to post a letter to Jacqui..i had some baby photos of her duplicated so that she can show Olivia when she is older..they look so much alike as babies. The funny thing was when i went to Walmart to use one of those Kodak Picture Maker machines the assistant asked me if they were professional photos and i said "yes" so she said that they could'nt do them unless i got permission from the photographer..i told her that that was stupid as they were over 20yrs old!! i told her to say that i'd taken them then but she was all righteous and would'nt do them so what did i do? went to the other store downtown and got them done!! and the assistant there did'nt even ask me..i feel like going back to the store and telling the other girl..while i add na-na-na-na-naaa!!

I hope the weather is good tomorrow because we'll be able to watch the fireworks in the states go off tomorrow night..we are facing Port Angeles so if the night is clear that is what i'll be doing.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:11 PM   #8  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies,

HAPPY 4TH Terry

Weigh in day today after 4 pretty good days and NO BEER and i have'nt lost an ounce yet..i can't believe it! I know i've been very inactive but i thought i would have lost a little bit Never mind, i WILL get this scale moving next week I'll try and do Pilates today too

Last edited by cat90; 07-04-2003 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:58 PM   #9  
Domestic Engineer

Happy 4th of July to all my American buddies. We'd celebrate, but I really don't need the excuse to party some more so will keep it low key. It's days like today though that I really miss my family and wish I were picnicing with them.

It's been an emotionally draining week! Lost a good family friend to cancer yesterday morning- a dad to 3 teenage boys and his wife. It's a blessing for him as he had no quality of life and I know he's in a better place, but sad for us who are left behind.
We also have some family friends whose sons have been missing in Russia on a hiking trip for almost 2 weeks now. (Cat and Pam you may have seen this on the news?) They got lost when the weather turned bad on what was supposed to be a routine day hike. Praying for a miracle there.

Anyway, I guess it's times like this that we realize how petty a lot of our struggles are.
Sorry to be such a downer.
I've had a couple pretty good days as far as eating goes. I'm trying to eat "clean" food as much as possible. Still have my "light" ice-cream and "fat-free" licorce that I need to temper...

Well, you all have a great day and weekend!
Emily
Old 07-04-2003, 09:37 PM   #10  
Ginny

Hello ladies,

Emily, how terribly awful for your friends with the boys missing in Russia,,, certainly hope they are found safe and sound soon.. and my condolences on the loss of your friend.. it's always hard even when you know they had been suffering... cause you just miss them so bad...

Happy 4th ,,,,,we had a busy day... had our usual family bbq,,, had 7 little ones here today all under 4...with a total of 31 all together..got lots of pictures... had lots of food, but did real good, didn't nibble on anything, and only had one small plate.... and that is all I ate today cept for a piece of toast early this morning with my meds...so think I did ok.. but did have two cans of rootbeer.. was so hot and I was so thirsty,, but I did't finish either can, they disappeared... which was ok with me...

Well, am pretty tired out so think I'll go watch some tv... they are all at the fireworks right now, then they are coming back here to let off their own fireworks,, so we'll be up late...

Well, catch you all later.. have a good weekend everyone. And Emily I'll keep your friends in my prayers...

Dahlia
Old 07-05-2003, 09:00 AM   #11  
Connecticut

Good Morning ....

Emily, I will also remember your friends in my prayers, and my condolences on your loss. There's always hope and I do believe in miracles so I pray those boys are found soon. Life seems to throw so much sadness at us at times. Please let us know if they hear anything -- those poor parents, so far away and nothing they can do. You're not a downer, that's why we are here -- to listen and support no matter what the reason.

Morning Dahlia -- sounds like you had a wonderful BBQ and congratulations on doing so well OP.

We had a quiet Fourth but a very enjoyable one nonetheless. Chris was at a friend's and Katie stayed in New Hampshire, so it was just Russ and I. We took a long ride then sat on the deck and had wine coolers and snacks (veges and dip, cheese) and talked and read. I didn't feel like battling the crowds to go for fireworks so we watched them on TV from New York City. It was actually a very relaxing day even though it was low key.

Cathy, don't worry about the scale as it will catch up. At every Weight Watcher meeting that I have ever attended, the leaders have always said that you "have to eat in order to lose weight" so perhaps you're not eating enough -- under 1,000 calories is not much, girlfriend. You are doing awesome on the fat grams by the way ! Please don't get discouraged -- the scale will move in the right direction.

I bought some of that new beer that's low carb and light (Michelob Ultra) the other day but I didn't have any yet -- anxious to see what it tastes like. I am not a big beer drinker, but it seems to go well with hot, humd days and I must say we have been getting plenty of those lately with more to come all next week. And to think I was complaining about the cold a few weeks ago!

Tonight we are going out to dinner with some friends to celebrate Russ' birthday so I plan to eat light all day so I can celebrate a bit more tonight. He's 52 today -- still older than me by a year!

OK, ladies, have a wonderful Saturday, and I will check back later.

Always, Terry
Old 07-05-2003, 12:57 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

Terry my hubby is older than me by 11mths and i let him know too he turned 50 in June..i had to laugh because he prides himself on wearing a 32/32 size jeans and last week he could'nt get in them he stood there tugging at the top button which was about 2" away from the other side..ROFL..i told him he must have gotten too comfy in his 34" work jeans so what did he do? he just threw them out..not a case of hanging on to clothes for donkey years for when he's slim enough to wear them again for him and there's me looking yearningly at clothes that i have'nt worn for 15 years!!! and i still love them and will definitely wear them if i ever reach that size again.

About the diet..the day that i was just under 1000cals was not planned it just turned out that way because i was out shopping for hours on that day..the norm is 1400-1500 and yesterdays total was through the roof!! I made the mistake of buying some Klondike bars whilst shopping and they have 320cals and 19g fat in each bar well, glutton here had 2 i'll have to make sure that hubby eats the other 2.

I was watching E.T last night and guess what? you are in good company on SBD because the Clintons are both on it the reporter did a story on them saying "if you think there is less of the Clintons to look at these days..there is..they are both following the South Beach Diet" i guess it's got the seal of approval then..maybe Bill should get Monica on it

Em..i have'nt heard anything about the missing boys in Russia..i hope they are found safe and sound too.

I managed to hobble 1.25mls on my treadmill yesterday so i'll do some more this morning..HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Old 07-06-2003, 11:43 AM   #13  
Domestic Engineer

Hey gals,
I'm sick I have a chest cold (coughing up YUCK!) and a croupy cough. Yesterday I was so achey, but today not so much so I guess that's a good sign...

Here is a news article about the missing hikers:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...57250287094_18
Still no word-- things are looking grim there.

Jim and the boys are at church and I'm going to go have a nap while Ian is sleeping. I'll check back later.

Emily
Old 07-06-2003, 12:54 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies,

Em..i just read the article hopefully, they have taken shelter somewhere and will be found or find their way down
Old 07-06-2003, 12:55 PM   #15  
Gym'll fix it!!

btw, GET WELL SOON!!
Closed Thread