Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 11:55 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Exclamation 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #362

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME
Old 07-05-2003, 12:01 AM   #2  

I did not read the old thread... so I am going back to read.

I had a nicer evening than day.... We sat and watched all of the neighbors shoot off TONS of fireworks. We live kind of countryish and yet lots of neighbors. Lots of BIG home displays. (big displays not big homes) LOL

Then at 10:00pm we all said we wanted a good ole fashion HOT DOG so we hopped in the car and drove to fullfill our fantasies. LOL
You could see the HUGE CITY display from there so we got to see double.
It tasted delicious. Worth every point, calorie, carb and pound I possibly gained. Nothing like a good hot dog on The good ole 4th of JULY !!!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-05-2003 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:01 AM   #3  
a work in progress...

Wow...that was one fast moving thread! Even on a holiday!

I hope everyone had a great day...ours was quiet and uneventful, tomorrow is the bash.

2cute, your evening sounds wonderful...just the way it should be!

I'm going to bed now ...we have LOTS of balloons to blow up tomorrow morning...

...with a helium tank...I'm not huffing and puffing!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-05-2003 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:16 AM   #4  
I'm on my way!

Good MORNING!! RISE AND SHINE!!! LOL

Hey we just got home from Center City Philadelphia...we went to friends apartment....they live on JFK BLvd and their deck on the 28th floor faces the Art Museum (the one where Rocky was running up the stairs in the movie)thats where they shoot off the fireworks! Its was nice. But anyway when we got home the fire marshall was in our neighbor's driveway just coming out of their backyard with them following behind...evidently a house next street over 3 down had a small fire...from a bottle rocket. Now these neighbors always have a huge party every year...in fact we were there today before we left for the city. Anyway...they always have a huge fireworks display... I guess they are trying to blame them for the fire...even though several neighbors were shooting off fireworks in the area. Oh well....we'll have to wait and see what happens!

Well I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday...I'll catch up with you tomorrow!

TTFN Michelle
Old 07-05-2003, 03:42 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Exclamation Wow!!!

Quote:
I always saw myself as I am now.
Lucky, do you realize how powerful what you said is? How many of us have "seen" ourselves as always being fat? Visualization is a big key to actualization. So now reversing that visualization is essential if we are going to change where we are at today. I'm not trying to be all knowing or superior here, I just could not get what you said out of my mind. It disturbed me, and made me really think about what I visualize in my head. I just read somewhere that knowing where you're going is half the trip. So, maybe we all need to get a clear "picture" in our minds of our goal and that can help us on our way? Just rambling thoughts.

Old 07-05-2003, 08:05 AM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

Off to work catch you at chat tonight
Old 07-05-2003, 09:04 AM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies!
I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th!!! Ours was nothing too exciting. One of our neighbors always has a 4th of July get together - we don't get invited because we don't really know him (I knew his wife better and they divorced a couple years ago). Anyway, he usually sets off a big firework display in his backyard. This year he decided to to it on the street in between his house and mine (the front of his house faces my garage). The way the wind was blowing, his fireworks show was going on over my house . Not only were we worried about our house catching fire, but he was letting two young kids set off the fireworks --- these were not little fireworks -- they were professional grade!!! So, after breathing a sigh of relief that no one got hurt and my house is still standing, I go outside this morning and my deck, sidewalk, yard, etc. are covered in debris from the fireworks!!! I'll give him a little credit - he did clean up my driveway last night, but I guess I am stuck with the rest! I am not the kind of person to say anything, so I guess I will just suck it up and go clean!

Well, I guess I said something to you all --- sorry for the tirade, but I had to get it out! I'm sure he won't say anything to me. I just think it's rude!

Ok, thanks for letting me complain. I am going to go outside and clean up my flowerbeds and the mess he left me!

I'll talk to you later.
Barb
Old 07-05-2003, 09:37 AM   #8  

"WOW" You all have been really chatty. I had to read a thread and a 1/2 to catch up, but I loved every second of it.

I came home to shower and get the kids cleaned up, and am dropping of my son to my mom for the day, he needs to be out of the sun, he and my nephew were on the water from like 7 am till 1 yesterday when they finally came back to get lotion on and well tooooooo latttttteeeee!!! He is blistered today. I do have some silver sulfate stuff though so on goes that and to grandmothers he goes.

We are having a good time camping, but have had few issues with my mil...but oh well. I'm on my way back down there in a few but wanted to sneak in and peek. Saw we had a new person, PAM~welcome to this corner of the posting world.

Gotta run girls, see ya tomorrow.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 07-05-2003, 02:48 PM   #9  

I know Amanda, Isn't it terrible what we do to ourselves with our thoughts? I could go on forever on that - and not just weight issues. My being overweight is a self-fullfilling prophecy because I alwaysthought I was and proceeded to make it come true.

The BIG question now is - why can't I make myself slim through the same process? Oh, yeah, mirrors!!!!! Even when my mind convinces my body it is healthy & slim - my eyes know the truth when I pass a mirror.

Now, before you suggest don't look in a mirror I have come to the conclusion that is a big mistake for overweight people.

When I started to gain weight, I realize now, I changed things so my mirrors were only at head & shoulder level. I didn't want to see the rest of me. I now feel that was a huge mistake. It's like living in a bubble - I ignored what was happening to my body until one day - BOOM I saw myself bigger than ever.

I now look at myself in the mirror - full length - at least twice a day - so I keep focused on my "problem" .

For me, this seems to be helpful.

Old 07-05-2003, 02:55 PM   #10  

Default I got wound up....

and forgot. One of my friends is home from Okinawa and I am going to her parents house tonight so she can show me some quilting projects.

I have always wanted to quilt so this will be fun!!!!

Plus it would be something to keep my fingers busy and away from food.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:00 PM   #11  

Hi guys.... just peeking in a minute. We are having the garage sale but had to come in and cool off. Man is it HOT !!!!

We are not doing real well. Not many people running around in this heat. I did not advertize because I did not know I would get it set up in time or not.
Next weekend I will advertize and hopefully get more people.
July is just not a good month for garage sales. But I can't wait until fall. Oh well... at least Goodwill will get a bunch of good stuff and I will have a clean new house.

Can't stay and chat. Gotta get back out there.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:39 PM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!
I just popped in for a quick HELLO! We've been running around all day. Just finished putting up our new light fixture and we are trying to figure out how to install a dimmer switch. I'm on my way to the basement to hop on the treadmill then I am going to shower and go out to do some shopping. So, I won't be able to catch up with you in chat tonight!

I hope everyone has a great evening!!!

Barb
Old 07-06-2003, 01:37 AM   #13  

Well .. if your not going to post... then neither am I
Old 07-06-2003, 02:45 AM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

I allowed myself too many "freebies" today. Tony ran out of gas and pretty much messed up the whole race for himself. It's 2:42am and I have been up since 6:00am yesterday and I should be in the bed instead of on the computer. (Can you see a tone here?)

Guess who's PMSing?

See you tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:33 AM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

I'm here where is everyone else
Closed Thread