nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I guess so, but I WAS first
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sorry....guess we were posting at the same time?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #5  

Nah, Vickie, I was FOUR minutes ahead of you Perhaps my thread just hadn't come up yet.

Only Maryann posted on the other thread, so maybe she'll come here.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #6  

My handyman canceled again, but promises to come in he morning..
I keep arranging my day around him and he cancels..After tomorrow (if he shows) I will find someone new..I have too much to get done to wait weeks for one task & waste my time waiting on someone.

I think handymen are like babysitters..If people have a good one they don't like the word to get out..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

I'm here now. Glad you girls were both here getting things ready for all of us.

I just got back online. Had been off since Thursday evening. Talk about withdrawal! The problem the last 3 weeks was a short in the cable. That's repaired now, so I'm good to surf!

I'm still OP and am off to change my signature thingee. Catch you later!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #8  

good evening chicks.

Sandra, i'm really impressed with all the weight you have lost. You are doing great.

Nancy, i hate when people don't show up. They are bad here, they don't even call.

I forgot to weigh this morning and then when I took a shower, i jumped on scale and was down to the original weight when we started this challenge. of course I was butt naked. I have plenty of catching up to do. I'll hold off deleting the cows, until I know for sure the weight is gone.

I am so happy they freed Amanda Knox. That is just so scary how the law works in other countries.

Watching Dancing with the Stars. Have a great evening.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Pam. I am afraid I've eaten too much today even though I stayed on program. Some days are like that.

I'm off here to watch the pilot episode of "Revenge." Have a good evening.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #10  

I have been really struggling this last week with getting back into a good eating routine. The first few days were difficult, then it was better, and the weekend was a disaster. But, today was much better. I think I'm on top of it again.

I also got some very good workout advice from a chiropractor/body builder who is a friend of my trainer and was at the gym when I was working out today. I have some cervical disk issues that have been affecting my deltoid and he had an analysis of what was happening and made some suggestions.

If you're hearing about the chemical fire in Texas---Sandra is closer than I am but neither of us in danger (right, Sandra??)

i can never believe it when people just don't show up. It's happened to me too, and I just don't get it!

I agree about Amanda Knox. Miscarriages of justice happen here too, of course. But, it must be particularly terrifying to be in a foreign country.

Last edited by Tejas; 10-03-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #11  

Sandra, I watched the first 2 episodes. Had to watch the pilot a couple times. Was confusing me. Some of those girls look exactly alike and I was having trouble deciding who was who.

Rhonda, glad you got some good advice. I admire you for working so hard. When we get to Florida, I'm going to check out this fitness place. I called him. We can get a year for $99 or $40/month. They are running a special in Oct, for their anniversary. I think I need that commitment. We both could lose a good 20 lbs or more.

go tomorrow for my eye exam and new glasses.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:14 AM   #12  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Hello from Cornwall... dull, grey and very windy We are taking refuge in the library.
Like you, we have been following the Knox appeal. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Kerchers at this nightmare time.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Have a great day.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #14  
focused and aiming

Good morning, Chickies. It's a glorious day here. I am heading outside when I finish this post. My weight is still down today so I'm a happy camper. Had my OP breakfast and am looking forward to the rest of the day. (Can you tell I'm working on having a positive attitude?)

Yesterday I was afraid I'd "Shot myself in the foot." I bought some food bars that are acceptable for my food program. Of course, I couldn't just buy 1 box. I bought 5!!!! Since I'm a food addict, that was a dangerous thing to do. So far, I am managing them. My "habit" seems to have been when I get to my current weight to "blow program" and regain. Please send me some 's. I sooooo want to get into virgin territory and break this cycle.

We've been keeping up with the case also. I can't imagine the terror involved. I've always been a little afraid when traveling in other countries.

Rhonda, Hattie and I went to Cleburne Fitness Center yesterday and are beginning tomorrow. We'll mainly do water exercises. You've inspired me. Thank you. Looks like you've inspired Pam, too. Good success to you, Pam.

That's good that you got to visit with the chiropractor. You got some valuable information.

Nancy, I know your frustration. One of our carpenters wound up being a good friend. Talk about a problem dealing with showing up! It's really hard to deal with when it's a friend. We referred him to some other friends. That was a mistake. Curtis said he will never refer him to anyone else. We've been between a rock and a hard place. I'm surprised we're all still friends.

Rhonda, I hear ya on food struggles. I am either really really "good" or really really "bad." I was talking to a friend the other day about how I've had foods like cauliflower, broccoli, etc.... that have spoiled in the fridge because I was off program. If I'm "indulging," I don't want to waste effort chewing on healthy foods. Seems I save them for when I'm "dieting." And when I get off program, it takes me awhile to get back on track. I have several "drive by" eating attempts. Just don't give up. (I know you won't.) Curtis tells me to remember the progress I've made and remember that most of the time I make good decisions. You do better than I do. Look at your determination. You are amazing. (Can you tell I love you, Cuz?)

The chemical fire yesterday was about 30 or so miles from us as the crow flies, but we were never in any danger from the smoke as the wind was blowing toward the other direction. I have to tell you, though, I teared up when I saw live action on television of the elementary students filing out hand in hand to the buses waiting to evacuate them to a different campus out of harm's way. I was so impressed with the students and teachers. Everyone looked very composed and focused on what to do. I've participated in a bomb scare several years ago and know how they were feeling. I am so proud of them for their response.

JoJo, I hope you get to enjoy some good weather while on your visit. Thank you for popping in to say, "Hi." Did you get to take your doggie with you?

Pam, I'm going to miss BL tonight and will have to catch it tomorrow online. We are going to church for the final interview for our new minister. I am to take his wife and children on a tour of the parsonage. When are you leaving for Florida? That's an excellent price for the health club.

Vickie, looks like you're busy today. I hope all is going well. Do you know when all is expected to be completed? I hope your guys are on track and completion will be soon. Don't let the stress get to you. Will you be getting a whirlpool tub in your new bath? I wish we had one. I miss our hot tub.

I hear Curtis mowing out front. I think I'll go work in rosebeds some. One good thing about our hot dry spell is there's absolute no blackspot on my roses. That said, the bushes still struggled and don't look good. Life goes on even though I cannot (will not?) grow roses like I did in Montana. No more trophy winners for me. Just "color" as they say when the roses don't look good.

Have a good day, everyone. I'll catch ya later.

Last edited by ontarget; 10-04-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

It almost lunch time,just get back from my walking club. We walked for 40 mins along our bike path. I had to stop and sit on the benches along the walk twice not because of pain but shortness of breath. I have no idea why this is happening to me, except it might be allergies,or a sinuses problem. Going to have a check up soon than I will mention it to the doctor.

I posted on Vickie's Thread yesterday, and told you about the movie I saw on Sunday. If you didn't see it I posted that I do recommend that you see Money ball with Brad Pitt. It was a great movie [rated 10 in books] that even the not baseball fans would enjoy.

RHONDA-I found you,and that the reason I don't start new threads as this forum doesn't show if some one start a post or not. Thanks for the new pages.

NANCY-Is that terrible when they make an appointment and than don't show up/ I had that with my fireplace gas insert man to come over and dust and clean out the gas insert. It took 3 x's for him to finally answer my voice mail. Than the final time I told him I was a widow and I was afraid of carbon min oxide [sp] coming out of my fireplace if I didn't have it cleaned. 1/2 hr he called and now coming over on the 14th. Don't like doing that but if it makes them come over why not.

PAM-Sorry about your cows coming off,but you'll do it again just eat what you want but in smaller portions. My sister is a Dancing with the Stars fan I'm not don't like reality shows.

SANDRA-Oh computer problems can be a hassle, TG I don't have to many problems having a MAC.

Have to start my dinner I'm getting hungry have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote