General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 398/398/200

Height: 5'9"

Arrow Homeschooling a four year old

I can't get my kiddo into preschool this year, d*** age restrictions and all of that happy noise, so I am having to school him at home. Anyone have any helpful hints, tricks, links, crafts any of that? And good ways to teach letters, I'm struggling with that one. Thanks in advance!
Rhiannon27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #2  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Oooh I do I do! Lol. These websites might help (I have an 8 and 5 yr old)

www.starfall.com Great ABC stuff. Very interactive.
http://www.dltk-kids.com Crafts and activities for each letter, holiday, etc.

You can make an alphabet book (My daughter loves that). Every couple days have a different letter of the day. Get things that start with that letter and keep it in view. THen cut out pics of things in that letter. Once you get them all bind them in a book,

What helped my son, who was a bit harder, was alphabet cards too. Repetion is the key. I made sure we did them all with the pic and the sound. Like if it's an apple: "A. Apple. Ah." Do it with all. Go over the ones more that they need more help in it. My son learned the sound before identification. He recalls the sound and pic to help him when he's stuck (when I just have him the letter).

Play-doh, shaving cream (put it on table and finger write), or anything hands on are really good for little ones.

Good luck!
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote