Old 09-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Wink Fall In Canada ... Beautiful!

OK, AUNTY ~ here it is ... the fall Canadian thread; after all, fall is beautiful in Canada. From coast to coast -- all those beautiful colors of red, and orange, and gold ... one of my favorite times of year (no bugs)!

We've had some cooler temps here, but it was nice and here the last two days; hope it continues for a while. We had to put our furnace on the other day; it's been about 40 F at night and early morning, which is a bit cold for here this time of year.

Some of my family will be here this week for a visit; my sister and her DH, and possibly one of my brothers. It will be a nice break for me too; to have them around and get away from all the unpacking and stuff.

Have a great weekend everyone ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-17-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #2  
Rosebud

So, how was my day for food ... did good for breakfast; lunch was great (had a bowl of vegetable beef soup and .5 slice of wg bread); snack was too carby, so I had a better dinner of hamburger steak and onions with a nice salad. Really workin' hard on remedying any mistakes; and trying to reign in the emotional eating. This site really helps me with all that.

Did lots of stuff this week; sorting and Unpacking. Overdid it a bit today; my back was aching a bit this am -- just reaching for something, so I took the rest of the day off to do just that ... rest! I'm on strike for the rest of the weekend too.

Time to go get some hot tea and read a book for the evening; wrap up in a warm blanky to keep warm too. Take good care and don't be a stranger, Ok?
Old 09-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #3  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi Rosebud! Thanks for starting the new thread. I probably would have skipped fall though. LOL I am not expecting much fall. ;-) Well, so far I can't complain. September was nicer than July and August together.

Glad to hear you are doing well!!

I am still working away to drop those pounds before I visit my family over Christmas. Only a few months left but also getting closer to goal. :-)

Aunty?? Where are you? Any other Canadians left here? I miss tons of people from earlier this year. So sad to see people leave. Izzadawn? Laura G? I hope not all of them give up on losing weight.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #4  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey all... I'm here, I'm here. I've just been outside since like you said, september has been nicer then july or august. It's been really quiet here all summer

I was doing a lot of running but this week it's going to be hard to get out. I'll squeeze in what I can.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #5  
Rosebud

It is really nice up here right now too; we had the odd day of which is typical of our spring and falls here. Glad to see that our basement is staying totally dry; the new drain systems they installed are working perfectly.

This week, they are promising with summer-like temps (high 60's and low 70's) ... yeah! Yes, we may as well enjoy it all we can, even if we can't get in here as much.

We have company and so we are taking a vacation of sorts too; resting from moving (completely) and having some treats food-wise as well -- but I'm
trying to limit them and spread them out a bit. I made a nice turkey dinner last night; having leftovers tonight. Yum!

Havea lovely fall weekend ... Rosebud
Old 09-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #6  
Gotta run!

Someone out there is playing a cruel joke on us!!! Yesterday was 32.5°c!!!! Not only was it the hottest day of the year, it was the hottest day in the past 2 years! September 25, who wouldda thought???

My puppies and I are spending a lot of time down at the river... my young guy loves to fetch his ball out of the water. Theres a swift current but he's a good swimmer and I don't throw it to far. The only problem is that walking in my house now is like walking in a sand box! The sand gets just embedded into their fur and then drops off everywhere as they dry. Usually I try to leave them outside until they're dry and then rub them down but yesterday it was to hot. And they were extra sandy yesterday. It's a steep hill to get to the river and the dogs were standing on the slope, with the older one just below the young guy... the young one pounced on the older one and sent him rolling over down the hill. What a mess! For a while I had a black and grey dog instead of a black and white one. I've vacuumed 3 times and there's still sand on my floor LoL. But they have a blast and sleep after we're done so it's worth it.

Rose - Glad to hear you're staying dry!

How is everyone?

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 09-26-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #7  
Rosebud

We took a week off to rest while my sister & BIL were here for a holiday; we had a lot of fun playing games, watching movies, and chatting, of course. They treated us to a lot fun food like KFC and Chinese Food just before they left and a few Timmy's runs in the AM; that was generous of them. They bought us some house-warming gifts; saw we needed portable phones and a neato cordless floor/carpet sweeper too. It is so great for quick pick-ups around the house (like sand too); it helps make my daily chores a whole lot easier.

I baked a turkey while they were here; so we had our own early THANKSGIVING this year. Nice to have some family for that as well. Still have a bit of turkey left in the freezer for hot turkey or soup later on.

AUNTY JAM ~ talk about weather jokes being played on us; we have had in the 70's all this week and part of last week, but they are predicting down in the 20's and you-know-what for tomorrow ***** ... ! Day temps of only 30/40's F ... That means we'll have to put the furnace on early -- drats! Guess we got a little spoiled with this Indian Summer.

I'm trying to rest up a bit after moving; all that hard work always slows me down a bit and it takes me some time to recover. We are doing our chores in the AM so that I can rest in the afternoons and do things that we like then as well. Time for me to put up my legs and read a bit just before making dinner (wild pacific salmon, veggeis & rice tonight) -- that helps me a lot too.

Hope you all have a FAB FRIDAY ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-29-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #8  
Rosebud

WELL, beautiful OCTOBER is upon us; and we didn't get that nasty weather they had predicted. While the temps have been cooler (in the 50's F), we have had lots of lovely over the last few days -- still nice, fall weather. We are blessed indeed.

DH put up a permanent pulley clothesline for me today to take advantage of all this sunshine; the clothes smell so fresh after drying outdoors and saves $$$ by not having to use the dryer yet. We are really enjoying all the peace & quiet of our new home, and we're so glad that the birdies (esp all the doves) have found our big open feeder again ...

Hope you all have a wonderful month of October ... Rosebud
Old 10-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #9  
Rosebud

We are having more warm temps with lots of the last four days -- today, it is in the mid-70's -- awesome baby! This feels more like summer than autumn ... more of that Indian Summer, I think!

Just did some shopping early this week, and stuff around the house today (hanging laundry out in that gorgeous sun). The eating is getting better after our wee holiday. We had an early Thanksgiving dinner with my sister and Bil while they were here, so maybe I'll just make a pumpkin pie & custard for me on Thanksgiving day with a chicken maybe???

Have a wonderful THANKSGIVING holiday weekend everyone; and hope you are all having nice weather wherever you are too ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-07-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #10  
Rosebud

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ...

to all our fellow Canadians out there. The weather here has been amazing -- about 73 F here today; and supposed to be up to 77 F tomorrow: Thankgiving Day. What a blessing for us here! Hope you all have a good one with family & friends ...

Old 10-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #11  
Gotta run!

Hope everyone had a good turkey day

I hate to say it but enjoy the nice weather while it lasts... I heard it's supposed to be a colder then usual winter! The east of Canada is supposed to get more snow then usual too while the west is just supposed to be extra cold and miserable I am NOT looking forward to this! Cross your fingers my husband gets a starter into the truck we bought for me before it happens
Old 10-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #12  
Rosebud

HI AUNTY ~ I sure do hope your DH puts a new starter in your new(er) truck before the real cold weather comes with the youknowwhat with it. Well, they predicted really bad weather for us here for the last 2 weeks but we've had nothing but and balmy temps in the 70's & 80's ... go figure ...

We're lovin' it for sure. So, I'll continue to ^PRAY^ that they are wrong about this coming winter too. We couldn't really complain here becuz we had less bugs this year too; unless you went out to the bushy areas (they had lots of black flies). In town here was pretty good; if you go indoors just before sunset, you're OK -- becuz the skitters like to come out after dark (ya, just like the little vampires they are).

We've been doing little fix-its around our new place; and DH was trimming trees today -- making things look nice and neat for next year. He raked bags & bags of leaves up this week (not from our trees though, as most of ours are fir or pine trees; but from all the neighbours round about), but hey, it keeps him busy and out of trouble, right? Right ...

I've just been busy doing my own stuff; spent all morning and part of this afternoon fixing things on my new laptop pc -- downloading the security program I bought. There was a glitch, so I had to find another way; it took a while though. Phew ...

Hope you all have a great week out there; indeedy, enjoy this great weather ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-12-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am enjoying hearing about the fall colors. We get a little here but not like where you have the cold winters. I was born and raised in Minnesota so I am familiar with those beautiful leaves in the fall.One thing i miss is the smell of burning leaves in the fall. I don't suppose that is allowed anymore.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #14  
cmcy2000

S/C/G: 158/125/117

Height: 5'1"

Red face Fall in Canada

Oh you made me soooo homesick... I live in Florida and I love it here. However, London Ont is my hometown and Fall was always my fav time of year... Oh how I miss that autumn chill in the air and the frost on the pumpkins... A deep red October sky.....Yes you are right... Fall is beautiful in Canada!
gettinglean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #15  
Gotta run!

Bargoo - If you have a fire pit you can still do that, my neighbor does and it is a wonderful smell. I've seen the fire department called and fines given for burning piles on the lawn.

GL - Bet you don't miss what comes after our beautiful fall! How long have you been in Florida? Can I come visit around Feb?

Rose - Your new place sounds nice.. how much land do you have? We don't have many skeeters left here, just the odd one. It's about time for me to bring my grapes in... I can't believe they actually grew outside in our climate. This long stretch of nice weather has meant I was able to leave them on the vine to ripen.

Take care everyone

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 10-13-2011 at 04:18 PM.