Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 09:33 AM   #1  

Default Over 50 And Being Healthy #2

Welcome to our little corner of the world.
You have found a wonderful, supportive group of people.
We like to keep an upbeat attitude; Try to find some humor in each day.
Focus on your plan. Be honest; Don't blame other people and other things when we hit a bump in the road; ... And we DO all hit them at some time.
Remember, you have the power to make things happen in your life, to make some changes. Remember also, "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten."
Please join us in our journey to weight loss and good health.

Last edited by willow_1; 07-04-2003 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:11 AM   #2  

Default Another new day, and I miss my morning exercise!

I thought that since I started a new thread, (the other one was getting a bit long and difficult for some to get to) I should make the first post to kind of kick start things.

I got up about 7 AM and soooo wanted to do my exercises, but I've got kids sleeping on couches and in sleeping bags on the floor, etc.
Guess I'll have to wait till they wake up, then I'll do my WATP tape. I can always do the exercise bike later. Curves isn't open today, so that's out.

I had a really good breakfast of Bran flakes and fresh strawberries.
I had to laugh at one of my granddaughters last night. I was cleaning fruit for my fruit bowl and as I washed and layed the strawberries on paper towels to absorb the moisture, she was picking them up and eating them, all the while chatting away with me. As she picked up about the twelvth one, she said, ,"Grandma, I'm eating these before you even get them in the bowl". Pretty soon they'll all be gone!" She's 7 years old. I said, " That's OK sweetheart, you have as many as you want, they're good for you, and there's more where those came from."
She said, " You've got even MORE of them?!? Oh good!"
How I treasure those moments with these grandkids!

I see it stormed here again during the night, and the weather channel says possibly some more, and severe ones today. I'm not looking forward to an afternoon at an outdoor get together in stormy weather. Maybe it will clear up by 3 PM when this thing starts.

WELCOME 2CUTE!! Please join us often and regularly! I love this group of people and you will too, I just know it.
My deepest sympathy in the loss of your father. I know from cruising around the threads that you've had a hard time of trying to keep up with everything going on in your life, and it can't be easy to concentrate on your weight and health besides. But, that's just when we NEED to take extra care of ourselves. I know you're a strong person just to have kept up with everything, but, take some YOU time now.
I think you're so very right to take a lesson from how your Father lived his life. He was active. What a wonderful feeling it would give him to know he left you that legacy. ATTITUDE! It makes all the difference.
I have no doubt that you'll make your 10 pound goal for July, and I'm right here cheering you on every day!

Angel, I'm so glad you're feeling better!
I just drink regular green tea that I buy in the grocery store. I sometimes go to a local health food store and buy the loose leaf tea and put it in a tea leaf holder to brew it, but more often I make sun tea. I have a 1-quart pitcher with a snap-on lid and I fill that with warm water and put 5 tea bags in it and set it in the sunshine for the day. After I take out the tea bags, I refrigerate it. I also, (when I have more leisure time) make it fresh, a cup at a time with boiling water. My mother was a tea drinker, and I used to like having a little tea with her. She used to tell me that milk and sugar made tea taste like medicine, and to this day, I drink it straight.
I also love fresh coffee and used to drink it by the pot, but my stomach argues back if I drink too much of it now days, so I only have a cup or two on a weekend very rarely.
I've heard recent reports that green tea is suppose to be beneficial in many ways for a persons health. One is to fight cancer, and recently they have been saying it is thought it is also beneficial in aiding in weight loss.

Angel, you have a great attitude, and I just know you're going to lose that last 15 pounds and probably not with as much difficulty as you think. I hope, however that the green tea helps. I'm wondering though, if you'll acquire a taste for it. If not, there ARE green tea capsules in health food stores. Don't know if they're as beneficial as the fresh brewed though.

Gotta grab a rare (for me) cup of coffee and read e-mails.
If I don't get back today, everybody please have a safe and happy holiday.
Old 07-04-2003, 02:36 PM   #3  

WILLOW....that was such a cute story about your granddaughter!! I let my grandchildren get away with more than my children did! They often remind me of that, too.LOL

Thanks for the info. I think you're right about me acquiring a taste for it. Knowing how I am on that, I think I'll find the capsules. I do think it's worth a try. I AM going to lose the rest of my weight. I've come too far, not to. It just may take awhile.

Went off diet, just a little today....but not too bad. Gotta go to the station for awhile this evening. When I get back, DH & I will eat watermelon. I love it! I'll put what we don't eat in a bowl, cut up & ready to nibble on through the week. Making myself hungry.....

Gonna go get ready to leave....hope all have a nice day.
Old 07-04-2003, 05:56 PM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Hello ladies. Happy 4th of July !!
I don't have time to post right now.... but I wanted to thank you for the welcome.
willow... I agree with you 100% ... Attitude is Everything !!!
And an attitude of gratitude is a great place to start.

Angel-lover.... I enjoy your cute additions. I used to be much more elaborate ... but now I pretty much just post. LOL
I was spending way to much time on the computer. So I not only appreciate how cute they are... I also appreciate the time and effort involved adding them.

Got to run. My daughter and I are hard at work outside in this heat
I was just taking a quick break... but it has already stretched into a long one. LOL
Old 07-05-2003, 12:00 AM   #5  

Default Hello Everybody!

Well, I had a heck of a day! A very busy one!
After I made breakfast for the grandkids who stayed overnight last night, I picked up all their stuff and packed it away in duffel bags, then cleaned up the dining room and did dishes. As I was finishing that, some of the boys came in, and one had his 2 sons with him and they were going to go ride their bikes around the lake. 5 1/2 miles. These boys are 9 and 6 years old, and they are more than full of energy. They live about 3 hours away from here and brought their bikes in the back of the truck with them.
So, I made toast and peanut butter and glasses of milk for them before they went on their bike ride.
Then a DIL came, and it just kept going and going. After about 4 hours, I was still in my PJ's, and I grabbed the paper and sat down to read for a few minutes. By that time my son and his 2 boys were back from their bike ride. So, altogether I had about 7 of the grandkids here.
All of a sudden, they all came upstairs, eyes like golf balls, and said that there was a toy car and a battery burning in the microwave downstairs. My son ran downstairs and sure enough, there it was, burning away. By then we could begin to smell it upstairs.
He turned off the microwave and got the fire out inside of it.
He carried the microwave outside and opened windows to air things out. This is an old microwave that I put downstairs just to make bags of popcorn when someone is watching movies or something, and it isn't even plugged in unless I use it, then it gets unplugged again.
Then he got all the kids together in the living room, and of course, the first question was, " who put the toy car and the battery in that microwave?!?" All 7 of them, batting their eyes like toads in a hail storm, went right down the line, saying, "not me!!"
Then he said, " who plugged the microwave in and turned it on?"
In unison they all said, "Logan" and pointed at my 6 yr. old grandson. I felt sorry for him. He was just beginning to realize how serious it was. My son took them all downstairs and had a long talk with them, and Logan came upstairs and said, "I'm sorry Grandma. My Dad is going to sell my new bike so I can buy you a new microwave." OMG! I almost cried. He was so sincere! I told him that wasn't necessary, because I know he didn't know that he could have died from that. I asked him if he knows now why he shouldn't have done it, and then I said I was just happy that they didn't get hurt. So, now the poor kid doesn't have to worry about losing his new bike! Poor little guy! He is so blasted cute too! Curly hair and big brown-hazel eyes.

I finally got my shower about noon.

People just kept coming in and eating all day until about 3 when everyone went to the party. I didn't go, and that's a long story. I will just say that the weather was too hot and sticky for me.
I needed to be by myself for a while too.

I never did get any exercise today.

And tomorrow I'm making a brunch for everybody, so I'll have a busy morning again. Weather is suppose to be nice tomorrow though.
I'm making scrambled eggs, sausages, cottage fries, toast, baked chicken with bar b que sauce, italian pasta salad, a huge fruit bowl and a spice cake.
We'll see how I do with food choices. Or, rather, with AMOUNTS.

So, 2cute, are you all set for your yard sale? That's a tedious job, marking everything, isn't it? If it was as hot today where you are as it was where I am, I don't envy you the job you had. It was so sticky here.

Angel, did you sing at the station today? That's cool.
I also have a big bowl of watermelon cut up, besides my fruit bowl. I love fruit. I layered my fruit bowl with half-slices of oranges, red grapes, cantaloupe, strawberries and green grapes.

I was just watching Wanda Sykes on COMEDY CENTRAL, and I think she is one of the funniest people I've ever seen. I always laugh so HARD when I watch her. She definitely gets me in a good mood. I think it's so healthy to laugh those deep belly laughs. Don't you just feel so much better afterwards?
I wonder if she writes her own material, or if she has writers. She sure pulls it off as though it is just coming into her mind for the first time as she speaks. Oh my gosh! My stomach hurts from laughing.
See everyone later!
Sheila, Sue and Puss, I hope you're having a great weekend. Take care!
Old 07-05-2003, 12:30 AM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

Hidey Ho Ladies .... I just assumed you are all ladies... are there any gentlemen in your group??
Willow... yes my daughter and i worked hard all day setting up the garage sale. And yes... it was HOT here. 97 degrees but heat index was 107 !!!!
Trust me... if I did not HAVE to have this sale... I wouldn't be. LOL
We are buying a newer house and we have lived here for 23 years .... so we have accumulated a LOT OF JUNK !!!!
We set up the garage today and filled it up full of junk to sell.
Each Monday I am hauling off what is left over and dragging a new batch out for the next weekend. I will be busy sitting out in this July heat all month.
We are closing on the new house on the 16th or 18th ... but we have a LOT of work to do on it before we move in. Painting the entire inside, plus new carpet and new counter tops too. We made them come down a LOT to cover all of these expenses ... but we love the main layout overall. It will be August before we will be able to move in. Hopefully by then I will have gotten rid of a TON of junk... and I not move it over to the new house. I just wish we had found this house in the spring instead of the heat of summer.

My food was good all day ... until 10pm.
Then while watching fireworks we all said we wanted a good old fashion HOT DOG. LOL
We hopped in the car and set out to fullfill our fantasies. LOL And boy was it good.
It was worth every point, calorie, carb and pound I might gain from it. There is nothing like a good hot dog on THE 4th of July !!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-05-2003 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:37 PM   #7  

Hey.....I'm finally back!........We had a great day at the TV station, & grand opening of the Radio Station! I was supposed to sing, Willow.....but I really wasn't up to it. Vey hot day, (about 97) & the way I'm feeling these days....didn't want to push it. I am feeling better, but very fatigued. So, I stayed inside, where it was cool. Mostly gave tours.

Willow.....that was so cute about your grandchildren!! I know it must have been a long, tiring day. If you're like me, though, after they're gone, the house is too quiet, for awhile.

2cute2BFat.....Thanks so much for the appreciation, & compliments. Yes, it is a lot of work. Sometimes, I search until I find what I want, only for it to not work in the forum. I'm sure you know about that, though. It does take up a lot of time on the computer. With my circumstances, though, it helps to give me something to do. Our house is being built back (very slowly, I'm afraid), from a housefire. We're in a small camper by our house. So, there's little for me to do. The computer has helped me keep my sanity!

Hope you have lots of luck with your yardsales. I know you'll be glad to get into your new house.

Talk to you all later.

Last edited by Angel-lover; 07-05-2003 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi, all--

Sounds like everyone had a great holiday. Willow, what a packed house you had--what great fun, and pretty tiring, too. I can understand why you needed some alone time after that.

Angel-lover, glad you had a good time at the grand opening, I'm sorry you couldn't sing, but you know your body best and it's good that you know when not to push yourself.

2Cute--heat and humidity. Yuck! We went through hot dog mania yesterday, too. Both newspapers had articles on hot dogs and, although we almost never eat them, the power of suggestion was too great. And, hey, a hot dog now and then can't be all that bad.

We had a low-key 4th of July. In fact, it was so low-key that I didn't watch any fireworks except for the ones that people were shooting off in the area. I got hooked by the Mystery channel yesterday and ended up watching Prime Suspect.

I learned that my oldest dog isn't as deaf as I thought she was. She used to have terrible anxiety around July 4, but last year she didn't seem to hear the firecrackers going off. Of course, last year we lived in an area where we had air conditioning so the house was all closed up, and we usually kept the radio up loud. That never worked that well, but with some hearing loss, it certainly helped. This year, we live in an area where the windows were wide open last night (otherwise we would have suffocated!) and, although I tried to drown out the noise, she heard them and got terribly upset. She tried to squish herself into the area between my nightstand and bed, which, if she was a toy poodle might have worked. But she's a 40 lb. Aussie/Husky so the back half of her was sticking out. She wouldn't go out to potty either--luckily she lasted through the night.

Today we did more yard work, but not the heavy construction we've been doing. There is SO much to do it's going to take us years, or at least that's what it feels like. We planted a couple of vines on the trellises we built a couple of weeks ago, I weeded, and we cleared blackberry vines and other nasty things out in the back "jungle." I'm going to try and work on putting pea gravel in the dog's fenced in area later after I rest up.

It hasn't been a very good food week for me. But I'm doing good today, and I feel like I'm back on track.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 07-06-2003, 12:57 AM   #9  

Default I'm feeling really stuffed!!

I started cooking at 8 AM today and didn't finish until about 10:45. Just as I finished, they started arriving. It was a very nice day today, and everything went pretty smoothly.

The grandkids were here for the majority of the day, and the Moms and Dads left at different times for various reasons, and the grandkids were just sooo well behaved all day.

After I finished cooking, I didn't really do much after that except wash dishes every little while so they wouldn't build up. And get water paints and color books and stuff like that set up for some of the little ones.
The bigger boys spent most of the day downstairs playing Nintendo and watching movies.

They all went back to the motel this evening to go swimming, and then my youngest son called a few minutes ago and said that they were all going out to my other sons house again, (where the party was yesterday) and asked if I wanted to go. I had fallen asleep in the chair when I sat down to watch TV, so I said "no" I would stay home and get to bed earlier.
I couldn't sleep last night, so I didn't realize it until I sat down, but I'm very, very tired tonight.

They are all coming over in the morning again, but he said not to make breakfast. So, I'm assuming that they are going out for breakfast or else having the continental breakfast at the motel.

I didn't add up my calories for yesterday or today, but I know they both went well over 2000.
I didn't get any exercise in either. Boy, I've sure got my work cut out for myself this next week!

2cute, it sounds like you're going to have an awfully busy summer, getting everything ready for the move, and then actually moving. I have lived in the same house for 34 years, and I suppose I should start getting rid of stuff so when "the" day comes, my kids don't have such a mess to sort through.
It isn't like I'm ever going to use most of the stuff I stored away years ago. Kind of makes you wonder why you stored it away, doesn't it? I'm sure my kids won't want any of it now anymore.

Man, that hot dog sounds good! Even as full as I feel! I loaded up on watermelon this weekend, and I've heard that it's suppose to be one of the highest on the glycemic index. Oh well, better than candy though. Ya just gotta live sometimes!

Angel, you're so very right. After the grandkids are gone, it's too quiet. The silence is deafening! Then I can hear those little voices in my mind. I had to smile when my grandson who is going to be 12 in 5 days talks; His voice is changing, and he has that break in his voice every once in a while where it goes up about 7 octaves in the middle of a word. He's been pretty moody lately too, so I suppose the old hormones are raging around inside and really confusing him.
I'm sorry to hear about your house burning. Was it recently? Is there a lot of damage or is it just that it's just enough that you can't live in it until the repairs get made?
My neighbor had a fire in her house and it was part of 2 rooms, but the smell was throughout the house and they ended up having to replace some walls even on the second story because of the soot and smell being IN the walls.

Sheila, you sure have been one busy girl!

Oh, your poor dog! I feel sorry for her.
We had a big black lab that grew up with my boys, and she was scared of thunder, and one time my neighbor told me the morning after a thunderstorm, that he got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and felt something big, and warm, and furry under his foot, and took a closer look and here was our Tanya, stuck halfway under his bed. My boys had been over there in the evening, and there had been thunderstorms, and they had come home, forgetting that Tanya had been with them, and she was hiding under the parents' bed from the thunder.
She was the neighborhood pet. She would make the rounds and visit every neighbor on the block.

With all the work you've been doing, and it sounds like hard physical work too, I would think you must be wearing off an awful lot of what you're taking in.

Puss, and Sue, HELLO! Hope you're doing well! Post soon or when you can.

I need to get ready for bed now and hope I can sleep better than last night.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:03 AM   #10  

Hi, Everyone, I forgot to wish you all a happy 4th of July but sounds like you all had a good one in different ways. Shiela, were you watching the British Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren? Please be careful doing all that construction work, don't overdo it. As for increased calories - you will need them to fuel yourself during the work. Your dog sounds lovely half husky. When my son was young he wanted a blue eyed husky like the one in the film The Lost Boys. We always said no dogs because hubby's job took us abroad too much so what does he do? Whilst living in Singapore he brings home a hobo cat living rough and it ends up costing us $3000 in vets, airline and 6 month quarrantine fees!!! Not a bad investment though, still got him 9 years on and huge, rugby playing son still adores him and treats it like a baby when he comes home on visits. 2Cute, I was sorry to hear of your father. I lost mine 2 years ago, he was 73 and fit as a flea but a planned surgical operation on abdominal aortic aneurysm went horribly wrong in theatre and we had to switch the support off the next day. He was a fantastic man, devoted to family and such a gentleman in both senses of the word. I found it helpful to think of what he used to say everyday -'life's blooming marvellous, there isn't a soul in the world more content than me'. I used to tease him about being too smug but he said people are not content anymore and don't count their blessings enough. My daughter emailed from Mexico yesterday- she is out there for two months - and said it breaks her heart to see little kids risking life and limb on the highway to sell chewing gum for pesos. Wish i was at your garage sale - we dont have them here like you do. I remember going to a few abroad given by US families - great fun. Willow, i hope you have recovered from your happy but hectic time with all the family at your house. The grandkids sound lovely and so does your son. Poor little Logan, so cute and what a sensible way of handling a lesson to be learned. You took me back with the mention of paints and colouring books! When mine were little hubby used to say what was the point in decorating the breakfast room with expensive wallpaper when all I did was cover it all with the kids' 'artistic treasures' ha ha. I still have them all - ladies with green hair etc up in the attic. My mother went back home yesterday after two and a half weeks and although she didn't manage to wean off the anti-depressants (it made her tinnitus much louder) we both enjoyed the visit. This is a turn in our relationship because we talked about things which have up to now been buried. Dad was really the care giver and my mother's relationship with my brother and I has mostly been uneasy and often difficult. It has taken a long time to be told she loves me - almost 50 years - but I feel we are on a much stronger footing than we have ever been. She was so frank in her assessment of her mothering to us that I felt sorry for her and put a lot of the resentment and hurt to rest. So, although she didn't manage to reduce doses etc we achieved far more really. God, sorry, this is sounding like that new satellite programme we get from you called Dr Phil (which my mother enjoyed by the way). Hubby came back from Scotland two days ago so this household is back to normal - whatever that means!! Sorry this is so long but there was some catching up to do and I hope to be back to my daily posts from now on. Oh, yes, another two pound loss this week - total of 13lbs in 5 weeks you picked me up, Willow. Am now in a size smaller and bought a lovely pin stripe trouser suit for work to celebrate. Don't know if I will make my goal for the 15th though, may be a pound or two over but the goal was not the final goal anyway - still have about 10lb over that after this one- this is not making sense to you ladies, i am sure. Well, must go and give you ladies a rest from my blathering but just to say that I am back and it's been lovely reading all the posts even though I didn't have the time to join in. Sue - where are you madam??? And IsaBlue???
Old 07-06-2003, 06:16 AM   #11  

Angel, I didn,t mean to miss you out!! It's been so long since I posted that I had to make little notes about what you have all been up to recently and you were squeezed in between Willow and Sheila and you were so tiny in there I missed you, so sorry. Are you feeling better now after not feeling up to singing? You must feel like a displaced person not being able to move back into your house after a fire. I can think of nothing worse than fire - hope you are back into your house soon. Where in your body do you suffer your arthritis? My mother was diagnosed with Osteo arthritis in the spine years ago but it is her knees which cause her problems - she has had a few cortisone injections in them which help but I believe you can only have so many. I have been meaning to compliment you on your characters, I have never seen such goods ones before, I wouldn't know how to do them apart from the ones on here. Again, sorry you were left off the post - you were on my notepad. xx
Old 07-06-2003, 08:35 AM   #12  

Good morning, everyone. Couldn't sleep...finally got up at 5:30 & got on computer. Glad I did...several posts!

Sheila.....Your poor dog!! I can just vision it being so scared. I was thinking....if it is very hard of hearing, then heard all of that.....it must have been some shock! Hope it's not as hot there, as it is here while you're doing you're yardwork.

Hi Willow....yes, I remember my grandson's voice changing (he just turned 14). It was funny to all of us....but we didn't make over it, because it sure wasn't funny to him. Like you said, very moody. Now, his voice is lower than any man in the family! I hardly ever know who I'm talking to when he answers the phone. Thanks for the concern about my house. (I'm sorry....I honestly don't mean to moan & groan about everything!) It burnt the kitchen & diningroom completely. The remainder of the house & most of the contents were ruined.......between smoke & water. It happened November 2nd. We're hoping to be living in it by winter. The inside won't be finished, but maybe enough to get by. We had planned to remodel....so going ahead with that. Therefore, it's taking longer than it normally would. We didn't have enough money from insurance to contract all of it, so my husband is having to do most of the work alone.....some days someone helps. We had a rough time with ins., ended up having to hire a lawyer...& still didn't really get enough. They found every loop hole they could. I could write a book on what we've been through....with the insurance, alone! Oh, & yes, our walls & ceiling were ruined with smoke & water....everything inside house is now stripped.

Hi Fatpuss.....you don't have to apologize. I enjoy reading all of the posts anyway. Not just to me. Of course, enjoy when you do post to me! Yes, I feel very lost without my house. I miss having my furniture & things around. Most of all, my angels! I've been collecting angels for 10 yrs....all kinds....from different places, & friends. Some of them were ruined....but a lot can be cleaned, with a lot of patience, & time. You know, I always felt bad for people who experienced a housefire, but I really didn't understand the feeling of having one. The saying "it's like a death". It really is. It's the death of the way of life you once knew. It doesn't matter how nice the house is made afterwards, it's not the same house. We've lived here 14 years. Our oldest grandchildren are 14. We have 11 (yes, 11) grandchildren, & this is the only house they remember. It's been really hard on all of them. They all had to take some "last walks" through the house, before work started on it. That was heart wrenching!

Anyway, on to another subject. You ask about my arthritis. I have OA mostly in my back, from a car accident in '83. It put me on disability at the age of 34. I've been through all kinds of treatments. Steroid shots, therapy, meds, etc. I'm able to bare it , with meds, & watching what I do. I also, have RA.......that's what's getting to me, BIGTIME. It happened so fast, & got so bad, it was scary. I'm on Methotrexate & take Remicade treatments for it. That helps a lot.

Thanks for the compliments on my images. I had to go through a lot to teach myself this computer, especially little things like that.LOL I really enjoy it, though. I was afraid they might annoy some of you, at first. But all of you have made me feel good about them. As long as I have something like that to do(searching & loading), I'm not thinking about life's problems. Which I've really told in this post.

Sorry, all........didn't mean to post such a long one......guess I just needed to talk to someone this early morning! Thanks for listening to my whining.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:23 AM   #13  

I'm baaaaaaack! Haven't turned on my computer in a couple days. Just too doggone hot. Too cheap to turn on the AC I guess. Or too frugal. We even took our lounge chairs out on the lawn under the trees yesterday and took a nap in the cool breeze. We didn't intend to take a nap, but it was just such a lazy, hazy day. Finally got the boat on the water this morning. Set the alarm for 5:00am, but by 8:00 it must have been 85 degrees, so we didn't stay out that long. Not even a nibble. Even the fish are too hot to eat
I see a new face - welcome 2cute. And a collective Hello to all. Sounds like everyone had a nice 4th of July. I managed not to pig out this time and yes, I did go in the pool. Borrowed an old suit of DIL's since I "forgot" mine. It was so refreshing, even though the water was at 80 degrees.
Maybe this afternoon I can drag DH out shopping in an air-conditioned Mall. There is always something we "need". If we get anything more to go on vacation, we will have to get a tag-along trailer or a bigger vehicle. I thought I had my list pretty well streamlined with things we absolutely could not do without. The cabin we rent has cold running water and a two burner hot plate. I bring a coffee pot, toaster, etc. There is a bathhouse up the road a bit for showers and "real" bathrooms for those who are too uptight to use the little house out back. My GM and GF in Canada had one up until I was around 12 or 13 years old. the best part is no TV, Radio, computer ( ) telephone etc. August can't get here soon enough. It is after 10:00am and so far I have eaten two pieces of toast and had a cup of coffee. It must be 95. On second thought, what a great diet. Too hot to eat! I think dinner will be some grilled chicken and a tossed salad.
I will try to post a little more often. The rest of you are putting me to shame. The best to all of you. Sue
Old 07-06-2003, 04:09 PM   #14  

Default WAAAHHH! They've all gone home, ...

I was a lazy bones this morning and slept until after 8 AM.

The kids started arriving around 11 AM, and the last ones just left about 1 PM.
They had a lunch here, and thank goodness the food is just about all gone. Only 2 pieces of bar b que chicken left, a few potatoes and some cake. I can put the cake in the freezer until the grandkids come back. My grandbabies didn't want to go home, they all wanted to stay here. I'm going to miss them so much again.

I got all my dishes done up and now I can finally sit down and take a few moments to post a little bit.

It's rainy here today. Kind of gloomy looking, but, the temps are down just a tad bit. Around 80 degrees.

I need to get my menus done for this coming week. So, that means a couple of hours on FitDay.
I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of things like I prefer to be.
After a couple of days of a few no-no's I always feel like I've poisoned myself. I didn't do quite as bad this past weekend as I have done in the past, but it's just nice to feel like I'm being healthy.

Puss, I'm sorry to hear how you lost your Father. What a shock it must have been. So wonderful though that you have such good memories that you've kept alive. He sounds like he was a terrific man.

And, Your Mother just may have taken a lesson from watching Dr. Phil. I'm so happy for both you and your Mother, that she has finally softened and talked out the glaring feelings. It just HAS to be beneficial to both of you. Like you said, you can now put it to rest and share that love. I'm so sappy!, I'm getting teary-eyed here thinking about it.
Heck! She just may be able to wean herself off those antidepressants by herself! She and you just had about the best therapy you could have, and you didn't need to pay a therapist for it either. for you!!

And you just happen to mention that you lost another 2 pounds this week like it's an afterthought! I'm so very proud of you! Aren't you just doing a happy dance!??! I'm glad you could get yourself something as a reward, and how wonderful that it's in a smaller size!! YESSSSS!! I bet your hubby is liking this too, hey!?

I have scrap books full of pictures and paintings from the kids and grandbabies. Lots of letters and food orders from my oldest granddaughter when she was little and used to play waitress. Yesterday 2 of them each painted a girl in a coloring book, and said it was me. One has pink hair, a gray face, a black top and a yellow skirt.
The other one has mauve hair, a purple face, green eyes and is dressed all in black. The kitty beside her is blue, and the curtains are too. I treasure these things.

Hey, hey, hey!! Angel! That's not whining! Life has dealt you a couple of nasty blows, and I'm not so sure I would be able to take it as stoically as you do.
Hang in there and things with the house will eventually get done. I know it's got to be hard having to be without all your things, to say nothing of the lack of room.

Well, SUE! Hi, and we missed you. It does sound like you had a wonderfully relaxing holiday weekend though.
Oh, how I wish I could say what you can about not pigging out. Although, I wasn't anywheres near as bad as I've been at other times.
Your upcoming vacation sounds lovely. The only drawback for me would be if the humidity is high. I wouldn't be able to breathe without an air conditioner. You bring back a lot of memories from about 20 to 30 years ago when I used to take the kids camping. We all loved it.
Your dinner sounds delicious!

I better get off of here. I started writing this hours ago, and keep getting interrupted by phone calls etc.

Nice to hear from everyone. Have a great day! See you later!
Old 07-06-2003, 07:06 PM   #15  

WILLOW....you MUST have been exhausted!! Otherwise, you would be up at the crack of dawn exercising. You know, seems like every kind of day, weatherwise, you have, I have also. Sounds like the same here! I ate way too much over the last weekend! I guess I thought it was some kind of rule! Like that's what July 4th is for! It was all good....just gotta behave myself, now.

Gonna make it short........couldn't sleep last night.

[email protected] you enjoy your shopping!
Closed Thread