South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 04:43 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Monday Oct.3

Good Morning

I guess it's officially morning here...perhaps an afternoon nap will be in order. Anyway, is on. Help yourself! I'm going to get things tidied up then head to the pool this morning for yoga. We're trying to figure out our schedule and so I'm not sure if I'm here for 2 more days or for a week...I'm thinking it's 2 days so I'd better make the most of it.

What's on your agenda? Stop by and say hi!

jenne, I was excited to hear your news yesterday!

Cyndi, I'm hoping for good news coming from your direction.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the coffee and the start-up, Debbie. Both are much appreciated!

I'm glad I switched out the clothes closets yesterday, as it looks like the cold weather has finally settled in. While I was at it, I culled out some things I don't wear anymore, and now I have a big bag of clothes to drop off at Goodwill.

My week ahead is looking pretty full. Mondays are always busy at the farm, catching up from the weekend, but at least there's no after-school activities today. Tomorrow, I start the day early with a hairdresser's appointment before work, Wednesday is 'morning with Susie' and Pony Club after school, nothing Thursday so far, and I start off Friday with a doctor's appointment before heading up to northern NJ for the start of my girlfriend's weekend.

Cyndi, how are things going with Julie?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - thanks for starting us off! Hope you get a nap and enjoy it! (I'm the only one here that likes a nap...little annoying!)

Cottage - does sound like a busy week, but I bet you look forward to the weekend. Do you meet somewhere?! Very exciting!

Decided to let the kids sleep in this morning, so I have 45 minutes of silence. Not that I don't love my kids or anything . This week will be very busy as well. I need to do the second layer of paint in DD's room today (she had a minor meltdown last night in her tiredness over not being able to put her room back together), and then have a very long "to do" list before we leave on vacation this weekend. But it's worth it!!

But until then...coffee!!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:15 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a fly-by again today. We hope to get some answers like when DW gets to go home and whether the surgery date is still on. Of course we don't know when doctors will come by so I just need to be there as long as it takes. I've been trying to get a few things done around here before leaving. Yesterday I had a burst of energy and I need to get things put back together in case Julie comes home!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I still can't believe it's October!

Debbie: If I got up that early, I'd need a nap by 10 a.m.! I hope you get a nice one!

Cottage: Your week sounds fabulous! I culled, clothes, too. I need to do that several days in a row!

Twynn: What's not to appreciate about a little silence??? It's my favorite!

Me: Not anything exciting on the agenda this week. Next weekend, I'm going to the Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama with two girlfriends.

My dishwasher has died. My very mechanical hubby has tried his best to fix it, but it looks like we will have to get a new one. Do you have a dishwasher you LOVE? I don't want a 'green, energy-saving, environmentally-friendly' dishwasher. I want one that sounds like a jet-plane as it washes the HECK out of some dishes. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Chelby29; 10-03-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and it's definitely October around here!!! I may have to stop sleeping in more than my Chanel No. Five. (I know! TMI. )

Debbie, I hope you get your schedule all straightened out and know where you are at. That kind of uncertainty would drive me nuts. I guess I'm a control freak.

Linda, Like you, 'm in the big clothing switch but cull first. Goodwill is on my To Do list as well this week. Too bad we aren't closer and could share.

Twynn, sorry about dd's meltdown. I sometimes have one of those when my house is in chaos and I'm 72! I hope this week goes quickly for you and you can leap into your vacation.

Cyndi, I DO hope you get some news today so you and Julie can both move on with life. Doctors are so hard to catch on their rounds. I swear they want to avoid people!

Chelby, a shrimp festival sounds great? Can you attend of you are over 5"? (Sorry! :blush: ) I really am sorry about you dishwasher. Some appliances are dead when they die and we just have to bite the bullet and fork out for a new one.

I had a great weekend starting with the Blessing of the Animals on Saturday morning. When I got to Ottawa, I found that my dear friend Shirleyanne had cooked Thanksgiving dinner for me! She realized I will be away for Canadian Thanksgiving on the 10th. She, her dd Andrea and I had a great relaxing weekend despite really cruddy weather. It was a good break but it was also good to get home last night to get a bit of a head start on the week.

This morning I'm off to Quilting with my financial report but have decided to insist we have the business meeting before lunch. I really cannot afford to spend a whole day listening to gossip (this is a clique-like group) so will make my excuses. I hope to spend the afternoon shortening three new pair of pants so I can stop fretting about nothing to wear.

Happy Monday to us all. Be sure to work in a bit of "ME-time".
Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Monday, Monday...

Debbie - Enjoy yoga. Are you having the same great weather as we are?

Linda - Doesn't it feel great to clear out the closet?

Twynn - I always loved the morning hours when I was the only one awake. Okay, I also loved the years when my kids were at school and my husband was at a job and I had the house to myself!

Cyndi -

Chelby - LOL. We got one in May and it is super quiet. But it works much better than the last one; the insides of our mugs are suddenly not tea-stained anymore! The big deal now seems to be if you have a disposer in there or not. They make the unit noisier.

Ruth - Glad you had a nice weekend. I wish I knew how to hem pants. We just had a neighbor teach us to thread the bobbin in our old sewing machine just so we could fix a seam on some sheets.

We are supposed to have a warm week here, high temps near or in the 80s. Still no rain in sight. I'm off to the gym with my mom this morning. Then I need to get some grocery shopping done, after I plan meals for the next several days. Yesterday I skyped with my oldest son and he booked his flights home for Thanksgiving. So expensive. I wonder how often he'll fly back if he settles out east after graduation

Have a great week, everyone.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning, everyone. Off for a 3-mile walk with a friend. I'll be back later!
Old 10-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all,

Decided to RUN last night around the lake, managed it twice, then came home to shower and actually threw up! I think it was unrelated and just my body telling me all the meds from last week were a no-no. I had been feeling icky all weekend but that was the culmination.

Sorry to be on so late: DW and I applied to be married in DC this morning. Yet another event to not celebrate with food this month It will be hard though between Halloween, a wedding and my birthday!!! But we walked all the way to my office from the courthouse, which was about 17 blocks!

Debbie -just say "yes" to the nap! I hereby endorse it!!!
Cottage - I'm tired just watching you type all that!
Twynn - what color are you painting it?
Cyndi - I hope you get some answers today!
Chelby - no recs but your description for your dishwasher made me lol.
Ruth - Happy Monday!
Karen - it was supposed to be warm all week here too but, um, brrr!
Angie -

Have a good one all!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

congratulations Jenn
Old 10-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

thanks Cyn(di)!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations, jenne!

Karen, yes, the weather has been spectacular....however it is starting to sprinkle at this very moment.

Chelby, hope you're finding the right dishwasher. I love mine but you would not like it. It's a double drawer so you can run small loads. A little finicky but I still love the small load idea.

everyone else
Old 10-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations, Jenn! That's happy news. Do you have an actual date set for the ceremony?

Chelby, I had to replace my dishwasher 3 years ago, and got a Maytag that I like a lot. The bottom pull-out sits very low to the floor so I can load large platters or pots, and cookie sheets. It's a very handy feature.

Why is it every time I think I'm going to have an early day, I end up working late? Would you believe I just got home?
Closed Thread