General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 01:58 PM   #1  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Doing Our Own Thing - July

Welcome to the July thread dedicated to anyone who’s Doing Her Own Thing! We are a group of ladies who found each other on this great forum and have shared our thoughts, concerns and ideas on weight-loss and oh, just about everything else. Many different plans and programs are represented on this thread, all with the common goal of finding that thinner, healthier and even more beautiful (as if that were possible! ) person inside each of us.

The June thread started with Café’s punchbowl full of virtual margaritas. But this thread is a BYO, I think. Bring your own ideas. Bring your own thoughts. And be ready to have your mind informed, your body improved and your funny bone tickled!

Oh and don't forget to go back and read the last few posts of the June thread. You don't want to miss a thing, do you?
Old 07-01-2003, 02:07 PM   #2  
Long Lost Chickie

Hope I did that OK???

Just wanted to reiterate (oooh, big word!) that you really should go back to read the last few posts in the June thread. Well, you can skip over my ramblings, of course, but don't miss Faye's "report" on the wedding!

Anyway, that's my start to a new thread. Hope you don't mind.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:46 PM   #3  

Hello Girls!

I've not been able to bring up this site all morning. We had a storm that went thru yesterday, knocked out my computer and one phone at home. Dang it, anyway, I'm afraid it's fried, but will have someone look at it to see if anything can be done.

I've been up since 3:30 this morning, did manage to get some housework done during that time before work. Even worked in a little exercise, of course I'm starting to feel the effects now, so if you hear a thud it's probably my head hitting the desktop.

Faye, sounds as if you had a wonderful time, so happy that it turned out well. I missed your wave, catch it the next time. By the time you got to me you were probably in a dead run for home. You're DH sounds like mine, mine hates any type of line, won't go to a resturant if he has to wait more than 15 minutes.

It's supposed to rain more today, if it does I'm leaving at noon Wed and not returning until Monday. So if I'm MIA, I'll be back Monday, unless we get the computer fixed, and that's probably not going to happen on a holiday week.

Gotta go, see ya later.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:12 PM   #4  
DNW

Angry Nearly Fell in the Pool

Well Bob and I went to this really nice hotel in Princeton, NJ, The Westin at Forrestal Village (which is a shopping center made to look like a small town street, with trees and it is not enclosed...very nice but bizarre because you almost feel like you are on a movie set). Anyway the hotel is at the end of the "street". We were very surprised that it was so fancy as it cost only $124 per night with a buffet breakfast included...which was great!!)

Anyway after we checked in, I wanted to go into the outdoor pool, but had to walk through the indoor pool to get there. Well being in a rush like us East Coast people usually are, I flew through and lost my footing and nearly fell into the pool and managed to really hurt my right foot pretty badly, and bruise my ribs and thighs. I think I bruised a muscle in my right foot pretty badly...but I can walk so far. Going to the podiatrist tomorrow for X-Rays since she has been on vacation since last week.

The funny thing was I had my pocketbook with me and as I was falling I was screaming "MY PALM PILOT!!!!!!!!". I mean how sad is that....I didn't even pay for it as it was a gift from my VP to everyone in our department 3 years ago...talk about messed up priorities Well I think I better learn to slow down...since all the pool wasn't going anywhere was it?

So I never got to use the really nice gym or treadmills but I did get a pretty darn good sunburn....still the weekend away was nice as we had a very small electrical problem in our kitchen last week that killed our big air conditioner and we are still waiting for the electrician to come and fix it so it's rather warm in my apartment to say the least.

Love to all...got to get back to work. Smoochies!!

Last edited by DNW; 07-01-2003 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Hi Everyone!

How is everybody? I haven't had a chance to read through all of the last thread so I'll just have to get caught up from here. Hope you're all doing well and have a nice long 4th of July weekend.

The last week or so has been crazy for me. My son got sick and I had to go get him and bring him back to see the doctor. He had a kidney stone and we've been going back every other day. I have a house full once again and it doesn't look like he will be going back since there were only 2 weeks left for the campers and he has another appointment next week. Not sure that I want to drive another 400 miles again just to have to turn around and go back in a week anyways.

Needless to say with everything going on I haven't stayed OP and have probably gained back a little of what I lost. But I'm going to just get right back to it and try not to worry so much. At least it's nice having him home and he fixed the computer.

Have a great day all!

LJ
Old 07-02-2003, 10:36 AM   #6  

Just a quick stop to say Hey. I've got to push myself today so I can get out by early afternoon. Was hoping to leave by noon, but I don't think that I'll make that.

OH, I WAS DOWN A POUND THIS MORNING and Aunt Flow is visiting! Hoping that it will be more after she's left town. I even weighed twice just to make sure. Laaa Dee Daaa, maybe I'll be more careful with all the bar-b-q this weekend so I don't gain it back!

Well, I'm off. You all have a SAFE holiday, watch out for that other guy if you're traveling.

Huz,
Semo
Old 07-02-2003, 12:37 PM   #7  

Hi everyone! Peeps at the office are all trying to leave town so things are hectic here. Just had a chance to drop in and catch up.

Got to have a report done in 20 minutes, LOL, so I guess it's time to start on it.

Hugs to all - and btw Jello thanks for making the thread. Why would anyone mind, I think it's a good idea for whoever is around to make it.

I'll be stopping by later I hope! If anyone is leaving and not coming back, have a great weekend!

~Cafe
Old 07-03-2003, 06:49 AM   #8  

Hey! DH on vacation and we are working like dogs to get the house stained. I'll be back full force next week!
Old 07-03-2003, 08:25 AM   #9  
Long Lost Chickie

Didn't even get a chance to check in yesterday. Things suddenly got busy around here. And I have a question. Why does management "reward" the people who work the hardest by giving them more work when other USELESS people are sitting around on their a**es, filing their fingernails!!?!?!?!?!?!

Grumble.

OK, done complaining ... for the moment. No old *itch today so it should be better and more pleasant at least.

It finally happened. I went to Curves last night and, instead of doing the usual 3 times around the machines, I did about 2 and a half and decided I just didn't want to do any more. So I stopped. Now that's never happened before. This better not be the start of a trend! Actually, my Curves center is closed tomorrow and Saturday for the holiday so I either have to go tonight or wait until Monday.

I'm thinking tonight.

Semo, a pound down even with Aunt Flo hanging around you!?!?! Congratulations girl!

Huntress, how is your son? Kidney stones can be really painful! Hope he's feeling better. (And your computer too!)

Tiger, how's the house looking? Sounds like fun! Yes, I am serious. I love that kind of stuff. Yeah, I'm weird.

Speaking of housework, we're going to install a new window or two this weekend. Taking some time off tomorrow to go to a coworker's holiday cookout but the rest of the weekend is for home improvement.

But if I don't get through all this paperwork, I'll never get to the weekend so I'd better go. In case I don't get back here today I wish you all a happy and safe holiday weekend!!
Old 07-03-2003, 09:37 AM   #10  

Hi there!

Today the office should be a ghost town, I'm looking forward to enjoying it after the past few days...

In the meantime, tummy is rumbling. I didn't have time for breakfast this morning so I'm going to go find something so I don't mess up at lunchtime.

Jello - what are you going to improve?

I think it's an improvement when I clean up the house!!
Old 07-03-2003, 03:59 PM   #11  
Long Lost Chickie

HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!
Old 07-04-2003, 07:14 AM   #12  

Good morning ladies!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend with family and friends. Don't eat too much, but be sure and enjoy yourselves!

Faye
Old 07-04-2003, 12:23 PM   #13  
I'm back again

Happy 4th of July!!

I'm at the end of my vacation after this long weekend and I've gotten alot accomplished so I feel better now. Some projects you just let go until you actually have the time for them.

I've started losing more weight despite my hit and miss eating---I guess it's because of all the WORK I'm doing at home. Did I say I was on VACATION???!!! I promised myself I would get in a little play time on this vacation but it didn't work out---maybe we'll do something fun over the weekend yet.

Have a great holiday everyone!

Bright
Old 07-05-2003, 11:40 AM   #14  

Hello!

We returned home from a week at a cottage yesterday and had a great time! Well except for the eating but hey it was holidays and todays a new da!

Hope everyone had a great Independance Day-it was Canada Day here for us on July 1st and we enjoyed a wonderful pickerel dinner!
Old 07-06-2003, 04:55 AM   #15  

Been real busy with the holiday weekend and peeked in a couple times, but didn't have time to post.

Looks like everyone is busy with their weekend. We had a nice time at dgs's birthday pool party yesterday. He, his granddad and I played for hours in the pool together either fighting the "granddad monster" or sword fighting with those noodle things or playing kick ball in the pool. I was basically the instrument dgs used to accomplish all this. They have a big inground pool, but it has one of those plastic liners instead of concrete and the darn thing can be slippery, but I did the best I could being the protector, and holder so he could sword fight and play kick ball with granddad. (hey, I got to hold him for a long time, how bad can that be, especially when he tells me "Nonny, put your arms around me tight and protect me so the granddad monster can't get me.") They are coming over this evening for a cookout so sil can help dh with a computer router problem. I told dgs I had bought him a surprise for dinner at the grocery store. "Did you buy me shrump, Nonny?" I told him I did so now he is all excited because he gets "shrump" for dinner! Don't know how I lived without a grandchild!

Bright, Cafe, Jello: You guys work too hard! What a way to have to spend your weekend.

To all of you. Hope you are having a great weekend!

Faye
Closed Thread