Old 10-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Starting weight 220, Goal 180

Height: 5"8'

Default OCTOBER - LAWL Friends

Welcome to October everyone!

Five days into the plan and doing well. After a good day with an hour walk I hoped to see the scale move, but I know that doesn't happen every day. The 5lb loss from 2day TakeOff was a great start.

I'm planning a trip to Las Vegas over Thanksgiving with hubby and 17yo son. I'm turning 55 that week so that will be great fun. I want to get into my white jeans and look hot ;-p

I have busy weekend ahead. I do lots of art classes and art birthday parties on the weekend. On Sunday I'm leading a Prayer with Art Sunday school class for the Senior Highs. I've learned the kids can be silly, but some are hurting and there is a LOT going on in those pretty heads.

Busy is good. I'll take my cooked, cut-up chicken breast, water and veggies when I head out for the day and be in good shape.

See ya,
Heather
HeatherF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #2  
Britt/LAWL~Red

So it has been a LONG time since I have been around here but I am back. I dug out my blank food journals and my weight loss kit (red) and I am ready to get back into this again. I have decided that it is time to get healthy so that I can have a baby. That is major motivation! So I am going to get back on the wagon!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #3  

Default You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittyboo07 View Post
So it has been a LONG time since I have been around here but I am back. I dug out my blank food journals and my weight loss kit (red) and I am ready to get back into this again.
You can do it Brittboo! One of the reasons I like coming back to my LAWL is I know how to do it, it works and the price is right (free).

It's that time of year when you see that darn Halloween candy on every office desk. Just Look Away!

Heather
Old 10-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #4  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Heather-I personally think it's easier to stay on plan when i'm busy. I tend to graze when i get bored.

Welcome back Britt! I remember you!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #5  
Britt/LAWL~Red

I have to admit that the halloween candy is usually not an issue for me. We went to sams this afternoon and I picked up a few things to get back on plan this tomorrow. I have to stop by Kroger to get my morning blend juice so I can do TO this week as well.

I agree LAWL worked for me before. It is easier to start something you already know how to do!

Thanks for the warm welcome Heather & JulieMarie!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #6  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

HI everyone! Not much new to report here, except an unwelcome TOM/sodium/water retention thing I seem to have going on. If I see another gain tomorrow I'll scream...I'm up 3lbs in 3 days and I'm ready for it to end. I refuse to update my ticker...I'll be back in ONEderland by the end of this week.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #7  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Ok question...

I had a whole wheat bagel thin this morning is that 1 or 2 starches?
Old 10-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #8  

Default Knudsen Very Veggie Low Sodium / Soup Exchanges

Busy is better Julie Marie! I'm fortunate only have to I work part-time. My at home days are different then work days; I can walk longer and tend to drink more water and vggie juice.

Speaking of which - I just opened a bottle of Knudsen Very Veggie low sodium juice. I have to say, it's rather vile! I hope I can get used to it like I did V8 low sodium. I may have to add Morton's lite salt.

Does anyone have the exchanges for soups? Last night I had Cambell's soup, Select Harvest Tuscan Chicken for dinner. I counted it as 1P, 2V, 1S and 1Fat

Make it a good Monday!
Heather
Old 10-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #9  
Let's try this again . .

Re: exchanges--for the bagel thins, they are a little over 100 cals, correct? Which is about the same as 1/2 a regular bagel which is 1S if I remember correctly. The starches on the plan have a wide calorie range-from 45 (slice of lite bread) to 120 (half a bagel). I would count it as 1S BUT as long as all of your starch servings aren't on the high end of the calorie range. Just keep that in mind when planning your day. Make sense?

Soup is hard-which is kinda why they discourage canned soup-lots of sodium and not enough chx in that to really be a whole protein serving. So-I wouldn't do it a lot. I would've counted it as 1/2 protein, 2V and either 1/2 S or 1S depending on the type of soup (did it have pasta in it or beans?). Probably not enough fat to be counted as a fat. If you really like soup-consider having a "starter" to your meal of the Progresso 0 point WW veggie soups and count it as a veggie serving. The broth will fill you up, you'll get your veggies before starting your entree and it's nice for fall.

Hope that was more helpful than confusing.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #10  

Default Soup for You!. . . . LA Lite Soup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie View Post
Soup is hard-which is kinda why they discourage canned soup-lots of sodium and not enough chx in that to really be a whole protein serving. Progresso 0 point WW veggie soups
Yes canned soup is quite high in sodium. I reached for the soup Sunday evening because I didn't feel like cooking, but wanted something warm and filling.

Does anyone have nutritional information for the LA Lites Cream of Chicken soup?
I'm not familiar with Progresso, 0 point WW veggie soup. Is that sold at WW offices or grocery stores?

I need to make a batch of WW 0 points veggie soup. Maybe I can freeze portions to have on hand. I keep cooked chicken breasts on hand for a easy protein. I can cube it and add to the soup or a salad.

Last night I heated up cubed chicken and zucchini with low sodium chicken broth and balsamic vinegar. My husband and teen son had it as a side with their tortellini and Alfredo sauce. I also had a salad. Serving "my" food as a side to the guys allowed me to incorporate my plan and feed two men.

Heather
220start 214now 170goal
Old 10-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #11  
Let's try this again . .

Progresso soups are sold at grocery stores . ..
Old 10-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #12  

Default OK last soup post

I just made soup based on Sallydallydo's recipe for LA Weight Loss VEGETABLE SOUP using what I had in the pantry and fridge. Yummy, filling and healthy.

Spicy Vegetable Soup

Combine in a big pot:

1 bottle Knudsen Very Veggie low sodium juice (I was so happy to find a use for this healthy but vile tasting juice)
1 can Ro Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
1/2 box of unsalted chicken broth
chopped fresh green beans
sliced fresh carrots
zucchini
couple dashes Texas Pete
3 low sodium chicken bullion (I could still taste the Knudsen Very Veggie base so I threw in the bullion)

exchanges-1 1/2 cups of soup (1 serving) equals 3 vegetables
Old 10-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #13  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone, just thought i'd stop by for a quick "hi" and see how everyone is doing.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #14  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Well I have to say that October is going well. I havent really lost anything exciting. I am up a pound and then down a pound and it just keeps changing. I know exactly where you are coming from Angie with weight bouncing around. What I will say is that I am totally loving this gym that I joined. My DH and I have been going there 4 times a week. On Sunday, I ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I never thought that was possible. We are also learning how to do weights. We used lots of shoulder press machines. In fact, I was so sore yesterday that instead of going to the gym, I took my dog for a long walk. Back to the gym tonight though!!!! This last weekend, I bought myself pants in a size 10 (exciting!!!!) Now if I can only get out of my XL blouses, I will be happy. Anyways, I should run. Have a great day!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #15  

Default Spagetti Sauce? and Blogging

Good Morning!
I think I'm down a lb today. I need to get my walk in before going to teach my afternoon classes.

Hey, how do I count spaghetti sauce? 1 V? It's not in my Menu Plan Kit. I presume that means I was not supposed to eat it on the old purple plan.

I made Sloppy Joes for the family last night and had a small serving over my salad.

FYI I've started to blog under the "Free Diet Blogs" button. My blog is called Losing it Again