South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #1  
I think I can...

Default The Strangest Thing Happened

I picked up some baked Kale chips at whole foods. They were quite tasty and very crunchy like real chips. But minutes after eating them I had the uncontrollable craving for potato chips. Like I HAD to have chips.
I haven't had any cravings at all since I've been on SBD so I found it strange that a crunchy veggie could trigger cravings. My 2 year old loved them too. Strange.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm not doing sbd, but I do love Lydia's Organics Kale Chips. The main problem with them is that it's very expensive. Aside from that, I wish it wasn't 150 calories per package, but at least I can consume an entire package and not feel too guilty.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

Semi-unrelated but I found the dried seaweed sheets at Trader Joe's to be very tasty. They have a spicy wasabi powder on them, and I ate the whole bag.. but it was only 60 calories.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #4  
I think I can...

@ Lucky they were $7!! I actually considered putting them back but decided what the heck there were times I spent $7 at McDonalds without a 2nd thought. Definitely cheaper to make at home. The 1 time I tried they weren't so good though.
@My2cats I keep imagining the taste of seaweed at the beach, how do they taste?
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

I find that I get cravings easily from SBD friendly foods that are similar to off plan foods. For example, I made blueberry coffee cake from beans. Too much like the real thing! I wanted more and more. Even SBD friendly breads make me want more breads and cereal and crackers trigger me to overeat. So it's all trial and error for each of us.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote