Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 06:22 AM   #1  

Post Time for SERIOUS FUN #9

Welcome to Time for SERIOUS FUN…..We are a group of people trying to lose weight together and help each other along the way. There is only one rule on this thread, and it is if you are not willing to help yourself along the way or help others on this thread we don’t want to hear you WHINE everyday, we like to keep a positive attitude. Some whining is expected, lol, we are only human. Other than that we love to talk about every subject under the sun. Please feel free to pull up a chair and a keyboard and join us on our journey. Every day of the week we have a little beginning to the day to start us off, for example…..Monday would be Mission Monday……you have some sort of mission to complete in your life for that day or longer totally up to you. Faye is in charge of what day it is and what we are doing, so look for her post if you are interested.
Old 07-03-2003, 06:24 AM   #2  

Okay chicks, did my good deed before I leave for camping. Started you all off on a new thread. {{Hugs}}

Jana: If you get a chance to peek in, hope your back is better. Take care of yourself and get well.

Faye: Have a wonderful 4th, I will try to pop on in.

Welcome to all the newbies!!!! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hugs to all,
PEEK
Old 07-03-2003, 06:31 AM   #3  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for us Thursday. Today would be a good day to relax by doing a facial, pedicure, etc since we are concentrating on our skin this week! Take time for you!

Sandy: Congrat on getting where you want to be! It is always great to see that ole number you have worked towards roll around on the scale

Missy: I hope they can quit sticking you and find out what is wrong or pretty soon there won't be anymore blood to take! Then it will be easy; you'll be anemic! Hang in there honey!

Peek: You don't worry about us here! You get done what needs to be done to go on your trip. We all want you to have a great time and hopefully great weather too!

My day should be pretty uneventful today. We don't even have plans of any kind for tomorrow. When I was a kid, 4th of July was almost as good as Christmas. I grew up in a tiny little Mayberry like town and we had a parade every year. We would get up early and watch them line up as they started lining up only a block from the house. We would then all walk downtown and watch the parade and then spend the day at the park where there were kiddie rides, a band for the teens to dance, food vendors and a great fireworks show at night. Sometimes, mom would take us to the next town about 6 miles away as they had a whole carnival there each year. It was wonderful fun and one of my best childhood memories. They still do it btw.

Check in later sweeties!

Faye
Old 07-03-2003, 11:10 AM   #4  
It is what it is...

Talking Good Morning!!!

Hello -
How is everyone doing? SOOOOOO glad that today is the last day before a three day weekend...tomorrow my husband and I go to his parents to a cookout...I guess I will have to take my own lean meat to grill...I am thinking chicken but I am getting pretty sick of it, seems like that is all I eat...
The woman that sits beside me here at work just gave me a tiny bite of her peanut butter cookie, and let me tell ya it was heavenly, it has been a long time since I have tasted something that good...how often do any of you splurge, or just have a night where you eat whatever you want??

Since today is time for us Thursday, I am going to do some shopping for a few summer clothes...not too many though!

I hope you guys all have some "serious fun" this holiday weekend, but not too much )

See ya,
Carri
Old 07-03-2003, 12:15 PM   #5  

Carri: It is important that you have some fun with food once in awhile and not always stay on the straight and narrow. I usually have a day about once every two weeks or so where I eat out or have a sweet something like that, but I NEVER EVER CHASTISE MYSELF FOR EATING HIGHER FAT OR SUGARY FOODS! . It is important to all of us to stay on our individual programs, but food is NOT the enemy! Too much and too much of the wrong foods get us into trouble! Have fun this weekend and get some good old fashioned beef if everyone is having burgers get ground sirloin which is low in fat or a steak and cut it in half and freeze the other half taking only 1 piece so you won't over eat. I always look at outings like this: Cut fat, calories etc where you can then enjoy what is not so good in a small portion. Go ahead and have that slice of strawberry pie only take a small amount, eat some potato salad, but only a spoonful or so and eat other stuff to fill you up that is better for you. Have fun this weeked!

I expect everyone will be busy until at least Saturday so you all have a glorious 4th of July. Remember we are celebrating what we have come to take for granted, our total freedom. Spend a moment while watching those fireworks thinking about the fighting in other parts of the world over what religion to practice or skin color. Remember that we have men and women even on Independence Day keeping us safe, fireman, police, soldiers, sailors. Give a little prayer of thanks for them as they help promote all the wonderful things we are allowed to do.

Love you all!

Faye
Old 07-04-2003, 07:09 AM   #6  

FRIDAY: Friday is fabulous lbs down so share with us any losses or if you have gained and we will cheer you on and give you encouragement!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Hope everyone is going to have a fun 4th! Go out and spend time with family and friends this weekend and join us when you can!

I just watched two pretty good movies last night, a major chick flick, How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days, and The Count of Monte Cristo. The first one was pretty cute and had some funny stuff and the second was was really very good. Did you know that Alexander Dumas, the author of The Count of Monte Cristo was a black man? Very unusual for a black man in that day and age to be able to get something, actually anything, published. He is a very fine author. And that boys and girls is your history lesson for today!

Well, you all take care and I will talk with you all on the flip side!

Faye
Old 07-05-2003, 08:18 AM   #7  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny thoughts Saturday! If you post, give us some happy thoughts today!

Just peeked in to post the thought for today and see that everyone is indeed busy with their holiday! Have fun and be safe!

My sunny thought for today is: Only those who can truly except themselves as they are can be happy when they get to somewhere different in their life. Love yourself for being beautiful, vibrant, strong women now and when you are smaller.

Faye
Old 07-05-2003, 09:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

My sunny thought for the day! Life is amazing when you step back and see it thru a child's eye. You know it is true. Children have an uncanny insite into the world. THey see things that sometimes we as adults don't see or fail to see.

Here's to a wonderful day.

sandy
Old 07-05-2003, 09:46 AM   #9  

Hey girls,
Just peeked in while I was home showering and stuff. The dd is in the tub now, she must have a lb of dirt on her. But oh what fun she is having. My son has a major major sun burn. He blistered over night, so I had some silver sulfate cream the dr. gave last time he did this. So he is off to grandmas to stay so he is out of the sun!!! He loves going to grandmas, so this will be okay.

Since there is not much posting going on on this thread I am assuming we are all out having at blast!!! Lots of quality family time here.

Coming home tomorrow, so see ya then.

Peek
Old 07-05-2003, 02:15 PM   #10  

Peek, family time that sounds so good to me. Right now I am at work and the only good thing is that there isnt too many people around right now to bother me at all. Things get finished alot quicker this way. I am so sorry to hear about ds's sunburn. I feel for the poor little fellow. Sounds as if dd has had herself a ton of fun.

Here's to a weekend OP

sandy
Old 07-06-2003, 05:05 AM   #11  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday

Our silly poll for this week is: Since it is summer and money is NO object, where would you go on a vacation of a lifetime?

Since I am loaded, I would hire a pet nanny to stay with my yorkie and cat so they could stay at home and not go to the kennel, then dh and I would pack our bags and travel for about 2 months to England, Scotland, Ireland, and Australia. DH has been to all these places, but I need the exposure!

Hope everyone is well and having fun.

Peek: Hope ds is feeling better. I know those kind of sunburns, used to get them as a kid all the time and still can if I go out in the sun for very long. Hope grandma provides just the right diversion!

Sandy: Sorry you have to work. Seems like employment can muck up every holiday can't it?

We had an enjoyable time at dgs birthday pool party yesterday. He, his granddad and I had a ball in the pool together. DH would pretend to be the "granddad monster" and I was supposed to protect him. Dh would dive off the diving board and swim under water like a shark. DGS would start screaming and giggling, pulling my arms around him saying, "Protect me Nonny, protect me from the monster." We also played sword fight with dh and dgs's noodle things and we played kick ball in the water. It was a lot of fun and they are coming over today so sil can try and help figure out why our router is not networking our computers together so I can use mine in my craft room. (here is you know who and her favorite boy!)

Well it is tom and I had to take some Advil so I think maybe they have kicked in and I can go back to bed. Check in later!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 07-06-2003 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:00 AM   #12  

I'm a day off, but I wanted to do my where would I go on vacation.

Summer time???? I would go on the Alaskan Cruise that hubby and I want to go on. That would be great. Can you believe my hubby who works on a boat everyday, wants to go on a cruise...lol, but we would love to go to Alaska. And I think Summer time would be a nice time to go.

Okay back to reality, We are back from camping and all in all had a pretty good time. You know there are always little spats when it's all family. Seem like yours truely had to do a lot of the cooking!!! And the cleaning up.....why is it grown men and woman get so lazy and can't put their paperpates in the garbage? I mean not like I want you to wash them, but have the common courtesy to put them in the garbage. Oh gosh, don't get me started....

My dear son, burned himself really bad from the sun on Friday. He and my nephew took off in the boat at like 7 a.m and never came back till around 1 p.m when they were hungry you know, and both of these boys are red heads and fair skinned. So you can imagine. My son had blisters come Sat. morning. I brought him home and left him with my mom for a while till the sun went down on Sat. and she brought him back to camp for me. He was feeling better. Today he is lots better, but I still won't let him back out in the sun yet, which is making him very angry.

Food has not been the best for me, but I will get back on plan, and am not going hog wild either. So in the back of my head it is always being thought of. I did probably have a few too many chips this weekned, but we were camping......and I only had one smore!!! So I think I did pretty well. Tonight we have to go to another cook out with family down to the shore again with company that showed up out of the blue from OHIO. My mil called and said can you leave your grill down there for one more night. Wish me luck. I AM NOT COOKING!!!! THIS WAS NOT MY IDEA!!!!

Well girls, I have to run back to reality and I have work today so, I must go and get myself ready.

Hugs,
PEEK
Old 07-07-2003, 09:39 AM   #13  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday. Our mission today is to make a pact for ONE week to exercise at least 4 of those days!

This is a no brainer for me, but some of you may have more problems with it so thought I would encourage you to get in more exercise for at least this week.

I am sending out 4 resumes for jobs. Sooner or later I figure someone won't care about how old I am and just MIGHT consider my qualifications!

Dh got his router up and going so now my computer in my craft room is connected to the internet so I can get on when dh is on the main computer. That will be nice except my craft room can get pretty hot so I am going to have to get a little fan for in there I think.

Hope everyone is getting back to normal today. I need to get my upstairs chores done so I can go into the pool. I missed the last two days not feeling well and rain yesterday.

Faye
Old 07-07-2003, 10:06 AM   #14  

OK Here is my little answer from Sunday's poll. Ok summer and money is no object.............................. I think that I would love to take a cruise and then to Greece. I have always wanted to see that country.

Faye thanks for the mission. Lately I haven't been doing as much exercise as I should but I am hopeful that this will kick my rear back into gear.

Question for everyone. I need some input. I have been asked out and I am considering going, even though my divorce isn't even final but I know that there is no chance of us working things out so.... Here is my question, does this make me seem sorta sluty? Was just asking for any imput here.

Better get going, I am at the library and time is limited. I am hopeful that I will know something soon about a puter. I think that I am going into withdrawl not being able to keep a check on things like I should.

Here's to a great day!

sandy
Old 07-07-2003, 11:48 AM   #15  
It is what it is...

Angry Good Morning

Good Morning everyone...Great to be alive, huh?

Okay Sunday's post....I think it would have to be a 3 week Cruise in the Bahamas with lots of shopping involved...and lots of eating fresh seafood....

For Mondays mission - I can definitely do the 4 day exercising this week...and need to due to all of the food that I ate this weekend, I didnt gain any but I didnt lose either... hey I can splurge once in a while, plus I didnt go too crazy....

Hope you all had a great holiday weekend, too bad we have to go back to work today, ha!

Carri ( Satine )
Closed Thread