Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 08:52 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#361

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 07-03-2003, 09:41 PM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Ok where is everybody?
Old 07-03-2003, 09:48 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hello All-How is everyone today? I have been doing okay, think maybe I'm coming down with a cold? Anyway, everyone have a good evening.

Old 07-03-2003, 09:50 PM   #4  

Mary, when everyone heard I would be posting more they all ran!

I just read this and had to share. Any of you who love coffee will love it :
Sipping a cup of coffee 3 minutes before breakfast suppresses appetite by 35 % and boosts fat burning by 5 %. According to a study at Nashville's Vanderbilt University.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:44 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

hmmmm...not sure about that one, Lucky......

Do you have any idea how much coffee I drink at night????

Old 07-03-2003, 11:06 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Thin-do you think you can get away without the posting police coming to get you? Just because Sandy is out of town doesn't mean there is no one on patrol.

Old 07-04-2003, 12:19 AM   #7  

Hiya Chickies!

Just popping in to wish everyone a Happy 4th! Three people went off to visit upstate so the house is empty - oh happy day! Shame, I know...but sometimes it's just nice to have the house to yourself.

Deb
Old 07-04-2003, 12:56 AM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

Hi guys... I am back in town. My mom is doing pretty good... I think. She puts on a happy face for me... but my sister says she just sits and stares at wall all the time. I feel so helpless. She is confinded to bed and needs 24 hour care so there is no way I can move her in with me.

My food was really good today.
I did a lot of thinking while driving. I became so aware that "wishful thinking" will NOT get the job done. It takes ACTION on my part.

People who want to compete in athletic events can't just sit there and "wish" the could win. They have to get out there and work for it !!!
If I want to lose 10 pounds in the month of July I have to work for it !!!
I need to be dedicated to my food plan and I also need to get this body moving. If you want to win the GOLD... you have to GO FOR THE GOLD... ALL THE WAY !!!!!

That said.... I am going for 10 pounds in the month of July.
If I don't make it... it won't be because I didn't give it my all.
I am going to give it my BEST effort .... not just "wish" I could lose 10lbs.

Thanks for listening. I also had a good awakening about my dad too.
My dad lived to be 93 and he kept himself active all those years.
He did not sit at home "hoping" he would be still be active at age 93.
He got out there and walked the mall everyday... even when he was using a walker.
He refused to sit at home and get old.
He worked at staying young.
Even his last day... he got himself dressed and walked to the cafeteria.
If he could force himself to be active at 93 then I can force myself to be active at 52.
That means I have 41 more years to LIVE. Not just exist.
GET OUT THERE AND LIVE LADIES !!!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-04-2003 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:10 AM   #9  
Dancing those pounds away

Wink Ooppss

Oooppss... I forgot to wish everyone a Happy Fourth of July !!!

Old 07-04-2003, 08:41 AM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY
Old 07-04-2003, 09:00 AM   #11  
I'm on my way!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY !!!

Hey good catch on the patrol Amanda...now Thin...get your hiney back in here and post!

Lucky...sometimes I feel that way too...whenever I make a commitment to stay actively posting everyone else seems to go away! But...its not us..its just that time of year...everyone is so active and outside and stuff like that! The weather is good! So keep posting...I missed you when you were gone!

2Cute...your post was inspirational...and just think...if you lost that 10 lbs each month by this time next year that would be 120 lbs gone! Thats a significant amount...

Deb for some reason I can't stand it when I am in an empty house! I hate being alone! Don't know where that came from!!

Kat...Lucky's post said MORNING!!! LOL Maybe thats the trick! SO get yourself a day job and start sipping that coffee before breakfast!! I'm gonna try it!

Hi Mary! Hope you are enjoying your day!

Ok guys...now that I got those posts out...I have to tell you that John's dad passed away yesterday afternoon. Its what he wanted. HE was disabled for the past 14 years depending on everyone to help him up and down and do everything for him. He was a very active man prior to that. He was the Chief Inspector of the Philadelphia police department and lead quite an active life before having the stroke back then. He had a DNR order, he didn't want anything done to keep him alive...so now he is at peace. Two of his daughters were with him when he went. John seems to be ok...he knows his dad wasn't happy living like he was. I'm not sure that its actually hit him yet though. I guess on sunday when they all meet to make the arrangements then maybe it will! I just know that I will be here for him!!

Anyways...I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend and be sure to know that I will be checking in all weekend long so you all better get out here and POST!

TTFN Love you guys! Michelle
Old 07-04-2003, 09:52 AM   #12  

Angry Happy Fourth, I am new on board..hello girls!

Good Morning Ladies,

My name is Pam, and I posted my first PM yesterday, thanks 2cutetobefat! I appreciate the welcome and the support! Looks like it may take me a little while to navigate this message board,but I will learn! I began on June 5th and have lost 9lbs. I am at 347, and counting down! Feeling good and getting better nutrition than I have in a long time. IF EVER!! I was so malnourished and dehydrated. I even started walking short distances this passed Monday, I am getting there a baby step at a time. Would like to talk with anyone of you, and I say thanks in advance. my e-mail address is [email protected], or you may reply to me here. Thanks again, and WE DESERVE IT!!
Old 07-04-2003, 10:31 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Thumbs down

[size=huge]Happy Fourth of July![/size]

Michelle...I'm sorry to hear about John's dad, but happy to know that he is at peace. Take care, honey.

2cute...Great post! I'm with you for 10 lbs in July! I've done a LOT of wishing lately and no work at all! [cue the "Rocky" theme here...) I'm ready to get back to business!

Deb... I know exactly how you feel! Some days I just LOVE having the house all to myself! I can do whatever I want, when ever I want! Enjoy!

Amanda... Now, it's all well and good, you being the "posting police" in Sandy's absence...but where the heck is YOUR post?

Lucky... Okay, my coffee is brewing...I'll give it a shot. I'm all for boosting fat burning.
And speaking of "burning fat," GEEZ! Did I burn my fat gut in the tanning bed! I did put sunscreen on, but since that flesh hasn't seen the light of day since, well... ever... I'm a little tender there today!

Mary...I'm here! What's new with you??

I was going to try to get back to the last thread to respond to everyone else, but my son has other plans for me...namely breakfast!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-04-2003 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:30 AM   #14  

Kat You must have been in the tanning bed too long. I have dark brown hair (well, naturally it is anyway) and tan very easily BUT I only go in for 6 min for the first two sessions. I then go 10 for a couple sessions and work my way up to 20 min a time. It takes me 10 sessions to get to 20 min. You should NEVER burn in a tanning bed. I have tanned for 15 years and only got red once due to a lack of communications with me and the person setting the minutes. That is why I started tanning because it eliminated burning. Now I only tan during May and June - my old skin can't take it anymore but I get eczema or something on my legs every Spring and tanning gets rid of it. I have a niece that has terrible psoriasis (sp) and her doctor even recommended tanning - that was a shock.

I wanted white but this is as close as I can get.

There was a terrible storm here last night and I have twigs, branches and downed trees all over my yard. I haven't really checked it all out yet because it is still raining. Those high winds always make me nervous. Dusty (my cat) was pretty worried too.

Old 07-04-2003, 11:33 AM   #15  

Default I wanted to share this:

From "love your body-flaws and all"

Your current weight is someone else's goal weight - no matter what the scale says!!
Closed Thread