Old 10-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 196.5/188/143

Height: 5'4

Default Needing support!!

I'm getting a little frustrated and need some reassurance. Lol. I am on Day 3 of the blue menu and I went in for a WI today. I'm only down 6 lbs. since my consultation. I mean it's 6 lbs. that needed to be lost but I was kind of hoping for more. I have been 100% on program with no slip ups. I just would have thought that I would lose more on the yellow and blue menus. I'm starting the green menu in 3 days and worry that with the added selections that the weight won't come off as fast. I am NOT ready to give up. I just need advice and support. Thanks
alleybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #2  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

I went from the beige menu straight to the green menu and then complained about being hungry...LOL I don't think I could have made it thru the blue/yellow ones!!!

I think it sounds like very good and steady weightloss...but everyone is different. I have had slower weightloss because I have chosen not to be perfect all of the time. I average 1-2lbs per week...with occasional 3 lb per week losses. I am good with that, but there are others who aren't.

Try to be patient with your body and with yourself. If you have been doing everything perfectly, then it is out of your control how your body responds...everyone is different. That is why there are "plateaus" etc...

Hang in there! It does work, just maybe not as quickly as you want it to

Tami
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #3  

you're going to have to be patient .... seriously by the end of your program, your weight loss will average out to be approximately 1.5 to 3.0 per week. those with more to lose will lose more at the beginning, but by the end it will all average out.

i think your 6# loss is great!!! remember there is no magic pill that will allow you to lose permanantly at a really fast rate. hang in there, work the program and you will see results

i know it can be frustrating once you've committed in your head -- but you are doing really, really great!!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Sounds like you're doing well! 6 pounds is pretty good. Just remember that everyone's body is different... Rejoice that those 6 pounds are lost forever... I also try to remember that something like 3500 calories equals one pound of weight loss, so that's 21,000 calories!!!

I get discouraged too... stress seems to play a HUGE part on my weight loss. I had a stressful week and actually gained 2 pounds at one weigh-in. So my big thing is to remember that, as long as the scale is traveling in the general downward direction, I'm going in the general right direction.
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196.5/188/143

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the support you guys. I know I'm not going to step on the scale every two days and see a 5 lb. weight loss. I'm just really really impatient. I want to just sleep and wake up the new me. Lol. I'm very grateful that I finally found a program that is finally taking the weight off.
alleybat is offline   Reply With Quote