South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Weekend of Oct. 1 & 2

Wow! Mother Nature sure reads her calendar. I think we had a killing frost last night - sure feels like it anyhow. I woke up cold despite the extra quilt on the bed. Closing the window a bit might have been smart but it was wide open and curtains were blowing into the room straight out.

This morning we are doing the Blessing of the Animals at our Church. It will be interesting seeing who turns up. Both Jazz and Disney are going and I am taking Donna's wee Lulu who still weighs only 2 pounds 4 ounces! We plan to have the service outside since we have two ponies coming too. (Ponies are not good about going up steps and into strange buildings and are definitely not housebroken.)

After lunch I'm off to Ottawa, dropping the furries at the kennel on the way. (Shirleyanne has one big dog who attacked poor Disney three years ago and we don't dare chance it again.) I'll have a nice evening with S, her husband and Andrea, her dd and my god daughter, who is just back from a season of grape harvesting in France.

I hope your weekend is as fun as mine will be!
Old 10-01-2011, 06:22 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and still sleeping Chicks. You have the most interesting plans Ruth Hope it's as much fun as it all sounds.

I'm heading out to see DW again and wait on the doctors. Before that I need to walk down to the garage to get her car. That fell by the wayside yesterday but needs to be done this morning. Hopefully the rain will hold off or be light.
Fall has really arrived here too after a week of warm days. Time to get a sweater out.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yawn! Good morning, Ruthie and Cyndi. It's shaping up to be a pretty good morning, although quite chilly. The rain is supposed to hold off til later today.

Ruth, it does sound like a fun day, and I hope the animals are all on their best behavior and don't leave many messy gifts behind. Have a safe drive to Ottawa and an enjoyable dinner with your BFF!

Cyndi, I'm sending you positive thoughts for the day and please give Julie my love.

We're waiting til dawn breaks to decide what we're going to do today. The original plans were to take Amber to breakfast at her favorite Amish smorgasborg, and then drive out to Gettysburg to the Apple Harvest Festival, which is a huge event. But the threatened rain may change our plans. There's a big craft festival in Myerstown that I'd also like to go to, but again, the rain wouldn't make that much fun since it's all outdoors.
It's just as well, anyway. I really should be saving up for next weekend when I'm going on a girlfriend's weekend getaway to see Laurie (Beachgal), a former Mod and Beacher.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Kinda dreary out, but I won't let it bring me down .

Ruth - what breed is little LuLu? She's so tiny! You sound like you have a busy, but wonderful day. Hope you enjoy!

Cyndi - praying for Julie, and for you too.

Cottage - an Amish Smorgasbord sounds wonderful and dangerous! Hope you enjoy your day and stay dry.

Planning on finally finish painting DD's bedroom, cleaning (LOL), and off to a "celebration banquet" tonight at church. Just sipped my first taste of coffee, it's delish.

PS - ONE WEEK TIL VACATION!! Not that I'm excited or anything...
Old 10-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Try not to get too excited, Twynn,

Lulu is a YorkiPoo and the poo part was a very small dog with a ladder. Jazz is a small dog but he lies down to play with Lulu.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Auston's cousins, Maggie and Shepard, spent the night last night. They went to bed late last night and were up early this morning. Jeff asked if I was going to make them waffles for breakfast. I don't think I can make them without eating them, so they are having cereal!

Ruthie, Sparkit the Pyrenees drools bigger than 2.4 pounds!

Cyndi, Sigh.... Maybe next weekend you can have a weekend of fun.

Cottage, I love going to festivals. I'm going to the Shrimp Festival at the beach in two weeks.

Twynn, I'm making black bean/sweet potato soup for lunch.

It's a beautiful fall day in Alabama, too. It's 52 now and supposed to be 71 today. These kids are going outside later.

You should see Maggie's hair. I don't know how to do girl hair!

Last edited by Chelby29; 10-01-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Happy weekend!

Chelby -Woo hoo for you!

Cyndi - So sorry that DW is back in the hospital. Hope they figure out what is going on and she is released soon.

Ruth - Have a safe trip and enjoy your visit.

Linda - I've got a girlfriend getaway to meet online friends next weekend too! Hope the weather cooperates for you today. We could use that rain here but I don't miss it.

Twynn - Busy day for you. So... I know I asked and I still forget... is this to the Grand Canyon? Or where. Darn my memory.

Yesterday ended up just as crazy as Thursday. This is our foundations first year with an online application and so my first year as the admin for it and of course the applicants all wait until the last minute then have questions and problems. Sigh. I made a great new soup for dinner last night, very different and tasty; posted it in recipe section.

Tonight we are invited to our neighbor's house and I think he is serving pizza. I won't be eating any; back on a week of PH1 after my carb-fest of last week and before I travel next weekend. I'll use my cholesterol as an excuse and find a reason to leave early.

Have a great weekend, everyone. It still hasn't sunk in that it's October!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #8  

Ruth - yorkie poos are so CUTE!! Hopefully, she's one of those that are potty trained??

Chelby - oh, cooking waffles are amazingly tempting, aren't they? I think you made the wise choice. Have you had the black bean and sweet potato before?

Karen - yes, we're going to the grand canyon. Just found out that antelope canyon (slot canyon) is on our drive, I think I"m more excited about that!
I know you've talked about your foundation before, but I'm not sure what the foundation is? Good luck with the applications!

I'm cleaning, while on caffeine. WOO HOO! (a colleague stays at my house while we're gone, so I tend to have things spotless since she's a bit OCD. Hard to get done, but great coming home to a clean house!)

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-01-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #9  

Twynn, I've never had the bean/potato soup before. You gave me the recipe and it sounds good. I didn't have any fennel seed, so I substituted chipotle with adobo sauce. It smells great! Hubby looked in the pot and said, "Interesting." I'll let you know the verdict.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Sending hugs to Cyndi and Julie.

Congrats to Chelby for losing 10# AND for not making waffles this morning!

I had something come up yesterday which needs contemplation and evaluation. My sibling is having a difficult time right now. We are joined at the hip and I hurt right now, too.

I'm running behind...my few hours of sleep came very early this morning. I'm off to weigh, make a green smoothie, pick up the house then head into town. BBL (I hope)
Old 10-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #11  

Debbie - good luck and praying for your sibling (and you!).

Chelby - Can't wait to hear if you like it! My DH wouldn't even try it, since it resembles sewage . He's missing out on some good food!!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Helly, hello! Life is still crazy here with work. Should have an adequate check-in tomorrow, but wanted to say hi.

Still sending thoughts and vibes your way, Cyndi.

Have a great day, everyone!

Angie
Old 10-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #13  

Verdict: We LOVED the black bean and sweet potato soup. It was thick and rich -- and didn't resemble sewage in the least!

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2010/12...-bean-and.html
Old 10-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all.

Feeling really sick this morning but there is so much more on the docket - already went to the DMV and got a new license and to the grocery store. cooked lunch now off to get my hair done (appt made months ago and it's over an hour away!!) then home to sleep.

Oye!

Enjoy the crisp weather all
Old 10-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

I have an absolutely fantastic recipe for black bean and sweet potato chili that I will share tomorrow. It is divine!
Closed Thread