South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Thursday Chat, 9/29

HAPPY NATIONAL COFFEE DAY!

.... and it's my Friday! So far it's not raining, so I think the girls are going on the Fox Hunt with Cindy this morning since they have the day off school. They both have friends coming over this afternoon, and we plan to go on a trail ride if the rain continues to hold off. Right now it's a hot and humid 70*, but we're supposed to be in the low 40s for the weekend!

Drink up, everyone.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

indeed! I have the last of the SF Hazelnut syrup in mine this morning.

It must be Fall if the Fox Hunt is starting. "Yoiks! Tally-ho and away!" Enjoy the trail ride, Linda. Our leaves are turning so yours will start soon.

We have rain again today and my house smells like skunky wet dog. I'm hoping it disappears when Jazz dries off. I may have to rub him with dryer sheets or spray him with Febreze again.

All I can say about yesterday is that I'm glad it's over!

Donna is scheduled to come this morning although I really don't need her. I may get her to clean out my kitchen cabinets - I guess you could call that fall housecleaning. My mother used to tear the whole house apart every fall and spring. I guess we don't do that anymore - thank the Lord!

I have a Fair Board Executive meeting tonight to discuss the financial situation. I am so glad I am no longer Treasurer of that organization. (I refused the nomination five years ago but am still an advisor.) It should be a quick meeting - unless the current treasurer gets in a snit and leaves. I WILL NOT TAKE OVER THE JOB! You read it here first.

Time to lug out the trash and then reward myself with another coffee.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 129/120/112

Height: 5 Feet

Morning ladies.

Cottage: a fox hunt? Never heard of it, do tell!

Ruth: I so know the feeling of the smell of wet dog. Ugh. I want to pull up all my rugs and do hardwood throughout the house because of the doggies.

So here I am still stuck on a loss of 5 pounds. I'm truly grateful for that but am wondering if these 2 weeks are going to only be a 5 pound loss. Anywho, my daughter has off from school today too. Have to drop her off at sitters and them work for me. My df is taking her to his first doctors appointment to get her flu shot. A little bonding time, lol.

Happy day to everyone!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #4  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

Hey everyone!

I'm almost off to work but thought I would say hi first! Is it really national coffee day? I'm not much of a coffee drinker, I like tea better but I do like frappucinos and flavored coffees.

I'm still dealing with the aftermath of my surgery but I'm getting there, I guess. Almost Friday, yay!!

Did you all know that there is a free South Beach Diet newsletter that you can get delivered to your email? I get it and like it.

Well, that's all for now folks

Have a great day!

Amy
Old 09-29-2011, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Coffee??? My favorite!

Linda, It's going to be 40 here this weekend, too! Brrrrr!!!

Ruth, Did Jazz meet a skunk in the woods?

Jersey, My scale is wonky, too. We just have to keep going, with or without it's cooperation.

Amy, Good morning!

My boss will be back today. When I spoke with him yesterday and asked how the meeting was going, he said, "Oh, we have so much to do." Oh, that sounds ominous!

Have a great day, Chickies!

Last edited by Chelby29; 09-29-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Ah coffee I love you so My favorite coffee was on sale recently so I have 2 lbs in my pantry and 1 in the fridge. That should get me through the day.

No time for personals right now. I need to get Julie's car to the mechanic for some work then walk home and get my car (before the downpour!) and run some errands. I'll be back later!

Anyone have any yummy vegetarian pureed soups to recommend? Julie is having some coughing issues. Last night I made the awesome zucchini basil soup and tonight I'm making curried butternut and a big pot of garlic broth with tiny veggies. New suggestions are always welcome though
Old 09-29-2011, 07:53 AM   #7  

Ruth, my mother still tears the house up every spring and fall for her big housecleaning. Sadly, I've never developed that habit from her. Stick to your resolve - I'd better not hear that you've become the new Treasurer!

jerseygiirl, yes, it's a equine-involved family. Polo all summer and Fox Hunting all winter. A 5 lb. loss is great for Phase 1, congratulations! You'll find the weight coming off at a slower pace in Phase 2, but it WILL happen and you'll be noticing a big difference in how your clothes are fitting. Hang in there!

Amy, many of us here subscribe to The Daily Dish from SBD. Enjoy, and I hope you're feeling better and stronger each day!

Chelby, it sounds like you're going to need plenty of coffee after hearing what your boss had to say. I hope it's not as ominous at it sounds!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:55 AM   #8  

Morning, Cyndi! I haven't made the Roasted Tomato soup from OSG yet, but it sure does sound good! I hope Julie continues to feel better!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Linda - I guess I never thought about you riding with the girls. Do you?

Ruth - I ignore all societal or other suggestions that I clean Although I did wipe down all my kitchen counters and the darn messy fronts of the new stainless appliances while making my tea this morning. Now if I could just get my husband to clean the shower! (He volunteered to take that over years ago and it's maybe been that long since he's done it!)

jerseygirl - You don't have much to lose so there is a good chance that 5 pounds will be it; but I think that's pretty great considering you only have about 10 more to go!

Amy - You'll have to share the link to sign up for the email. Free is good.

Chelby - Hope your day is great, not ominous at all.

Cyndi - Hope the rain held off for you! I'm going to try lentil soup for the first time this weekend, from allrecipes, and that can be pureed. I just went with the one with the highest ratings.

We have dinner at friends' tonight and I've been doing a bit of what I call pre-cheating in anticipation. But I made a pact with a blog friend for the coming week, before she and I and two other bloggers have a meet up. So I'll get through today and tonight and then be back on track. Lots of social eating and travel coming up for me - the bane of my dieter's existence. Well, that and my husband with his warehouse size candy bag.

Been getting lots of grant applications. Now that I have to read them for completeness as the foundation administrator, I've been taking the next step and voting a trustee at the same time. Downside is, with my crappy memory, I'll forget all the details by the time we discuss funding decisions. Sigh.

Yesterday's ride was great; little wind, beautiful weather, 23 miles. Today is an indoor day and I think we'll finally watch the season opener of Grey's Anatomy.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I gladfully got 10 hours of sleep! I wonder if the big hills I climbed on my bike helped?? Busy today...pool, homeopathic appt, knitting w/church ladies then Kirk's TBI meetup tonight. Both the knitting and evening meeting are filled with goodies. I'm going to sit down with my Beck book and strengthen my resolve. I don't feel like bringing anything which means resist, although some fruit might be easy.

Cyndi, now that you have the vitamix-just take any soup you love, then blend. They all taste good pureed (in my opinion)

Ruth, I heard it here first-No New Appointments (especially unpaid!)

Linda, enjoy your day! Survivor is shaping up, eh?

Karen, yay for 23 bike miles!

Amy, glad you're feeling better...I get the daily dish, too.

jerseygiiirl, at your weight, I think 5# is great! Keep it up!

Chelby, hope the boss isn't too hard on you!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Flyby, busy day here! Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good morning all!!!

I love this holiday! I've got some cinnamon, nutmeg and SF hazelnut in my iced coffee this morning! YUMMY!

Cottage - it cooled off a lot here. Hope the rain staves off!
Ruth- Coffee Twins!
Jersey - 5 pounds is the equivalent of a 34% loss! That's awesome and better than even many of us who are heavier do!
Sea - keep on the mend!
Chelby- Don't ya just love when bosses say that? I love my boss but when she says, "I am so excited about all the new opportunities for us" a red bell siren goes off in my head
Cyndi - no soup recipes for you but I hope you bring a poncho, just in case!
Karen - I've had 2 warehouse sized bags of candy sitting in my office and 4 open in my CFO's office and I am happy to report that I've not touched a piece! You can do it! Resist!
Lexx - so glad you got 10 hours! mind if we split 5 of those tonight
Sea -

I cannot wait until tomorrow. My foot should be back to 100% by then, I am off pain meds and only have 2 days of anti-biotic and anti-allergen to take then I am pill free again! Plus, I think I can FINALLY hit the gym. Can't let another week go by without going!

Happy Thursday!

Last edited by jenne1017; 09-29-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Quick flyby for me, too much work and too little time lol

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017 View Post
Good morning all!!!

Chelby- Don't ya just love when bosses say that? I love my boss but when she says, "I am so excited about all the new opportunities for us" a red bell siren goes off in my head
I have also figured out that when the boss says 'we' or 'us', that means ME!
Old 09-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelby29 View Post
I have also figured out that when the boss says 'we' or 'us', that means ME!
Yes!!! "We should" always means, "you will!"

Closed Thread