20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 09-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #1  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Default Lovely Leaves Week 9 chat 9/26-10/2

Enjoy (please refer to the end of week 8's thread for explaination)
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #2  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Well I'm sick again. Like really sick. I finished my antibiotics and as soon as I was done with them I got sick again. I had to call in sick to work and I'm SO SCARED that I'm going to lose my job. She told me after my gallbladder removal that if I missed 3 days in a month we were going to have to have "a talk"....and didn't describe it anymore....and this is going to be my third day this month. I WILL be there tomorrow, hopefully on a different antibiotic that works better....but I just don't know what I would do if I lost my job. I love that job and I cannot picture myself working anywhere else...I'm just so nervous. I need to stop stressing over it and just go rest....but it's not as easy as it sounds.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #3  

DivineFidelity- I thought you couldn't lose your job due to illness? Maybe I'm wrong. I hope you feel better soon though!

I wish our team was more chatty and I am definitely guilty. I just moved into my new apartment and we got internet today, so I'm going to be contributing more! I had a good week for weight loss last week and I hope to keep that up. Ten pounds may not be a huge amount, but it is halfway to my first minigoal!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #4  
on the way to skinny

chloe - I missed over 90 days total from being sick/surgeries last year. I work for a small school with probably only 20 or 25 employees...so there isn't any law that protects me if I'm sick...not one that I've found at least. I've come to terms with my situation though. I still babysit for the church on sundays and make enough from that monthly to pay my small bills. Since I live with my parents they would just have to start supporting me again until I could find a new job and come up with the money to do it on my own. I could keep my gym memberships, my xbox live, and my netflix....so that at least I wouldn't go crazy sitting around the house all day. I don't want to lose my job because I love my job so much, not because of the money. I don't do it for the money...I do it because it's so rewarding and because I love my kids and I love feeling like I'm actually helping them learn and grow. I just don't want to lose that...
Old 09-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/163/120

Height: 5'2"

Aww Divine, I hope you get better soon! I really hope you don't lose your job. Working with kids means sickness spreads all the time and you just had surgery, you'd think they'd be more lenient. Hopefully they will be.

And sorry I haven't been very chatty either. I've been out of work for the last month with no calls for job interviews or anything. I'm kind of in a funk. Luckily, I'm going back to school next week to take some courses so at least I'll be keeping busy.

These last two weeks I've been really focusing on working out and it's been nice to see some consistent losses. Let's hope it continues!
ruby5839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #6  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Hey you guys! Since SMS is out I did the weigh in this week. So sorry it's late, been a busy week for me. I'm not completely sure how to do the team as a whole, so that might take me a little bit to get which team won figured out. I just gave you all a free week last week.

Hope you all are having a great week.

Lovely Leaves week 5
Biggest Loser
Toastedsmoke -4.5lbs (2.42%)

Honorable Mentions:
kittykat1465 -5 LBS(2.24%)
mya-3.4LBS (1.83%)

Eliminated from Competition:
jaimie1980
katylil
Bee Optimistic
Kristina29
mommy1028

2 Freebies Used:
Hothealthy4life
DevineFidelity
Jelbele
Chloekinsikle
melni
philana
sugarroemotango4852

OVERALL % LOST:

1 freebie used:
kuritsu, Smsdreamer2007, toastedsmoke, smsdreamer, greenchick, kittykat, kiritsu

Edit: Change in Biggest loser name, so sorry!!

Last edited by MeliZ; 10-04-2011 at 08:21 PM.
MeliZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #7  
on the way to skinny

Meliz, there is no way I'm biggest loser. I haven't lost 4.5 pounds since the competition even started....and this past sunday I was UP from two sundays ago....not down 4.5 pounds. o.O
Old 09-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

Height: 5'7

I'm here I'm here! Sorry, my life has been spinning lately. Is this the last week of the competition? I hope so because I utterly failed this one, I haven't lost (or gained!) anything. I will jump on the next one and be better at it, this one was just a bad time for me to do it cause I have been playing chauffeur as well as apartment hunting all the time.
SugarRomeoTango4852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #9  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey team! Sorry I had an Internet fart this week such that I wasn't even able to post my weigh-in last week. DF I'm so sorry you've been unwell, I hope you're feeling better by now. Hugs and healing thoughts, ok?

Weight loss wise things aren't going too great. I've been working out a lot more the last couple of weeks (2+ hours a day, 5-6 times a week burning ~1000cal more or less) because I've found something I actually like to do (as opposed to something I do because it's exercise and it's good for me). It's kickboxing by the way and I'm not going to rave and get geeky about it but I'm into it right now so I do it a lot. Anyway, somehow since I started that, I've gained like 4 lbs. Well I'm not sure if it's that, TOM or upping my calories to 1500 a day, but something isn't kosher in Casa Toasted and I'm not liking it at all. I'm taking a couple of days off because I'm hoping that my body just needs to rest but we'll see on weigh-in Sunday, won't we.

Chloekins: congrats again on your 10lbs which IS an amazing achievement (watchutalkinaboutwillis). Have you tried carrying a 10-lb dumbbell, or a 10-lb bag of something??? Maybe I'm just wimpy, but it is HEAVY. I wept like a baby doing NMTZ with 5-lb hand weights. That's 10lbs u don't have to carry about any longer. well done! Congrats also on the new pad, hope you're still enjoying it!

Ruby: I totally identify with the funk of not having a steady paying job. I turned that into freelancing and consulting and doing little jobs for others which means I have no benefits, no steady source of income and peers who seem to be making it big in the world. Don't get me wrong, I have good months, but I also have really really terrible months too. I miss school where everything was simple and all I had to do was get good grades... Except it wasn't really that simple... "Real life" and unemployment just sucks! Good luck with finding something soon. Try not to let it get you down too much!

SRT: the fact that you haven't gained anything is a victory of sorts. Think of it as maintenance practice. In spite of the fact that life is hectic right now you've still managed not to fall I to bad habits and regain. Well done for that. And good luck with the next challenge. FWIW, I totally identify. I've bounce around the same five pounds thismentire challenge. But I remind myself this isn't a race. The weight will come off eventually as long as I keep plugging away.

Have an awesome weekend everyone!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #10  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I'm on thyroid meds. I feel so much more energy lately!

Chloeskin: I'm definitely guilty of not being more chatty. ><
I wish I could be, I just have so much more on my plate than I would like...
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #11  

I am definitely not as chatty as I normally am. Probably just getting settled into my routine! I'm kinda sad that last week was a free week; that was my biggest loss! I tend to maintain a few weeks and then drop 4-5 pounds. Oh well...

I am in LOVE with fall cooking! I made a maple-glazed pork chop with apples and onions; cinnamon parsnips and carrots; and half a baked yam with some brown sugar. All topped off with a nice hunk of bread! Yummmmmmm
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #12  
mya

Height: 5'4"

DivineFidelity: I hope you're feeling better, good luck with your boss!
chloekinsicle: I agree with toastedsmoke. I weigh myself holding something often because my scale repeats the last number unless there's a significant difference (like a pound or more). I weigh myself holding a 8 lb object and instantly remember that I alone was that heavy just a few weeks ago. And 8 pounds is really heavy! That's very helpful on those days I'm feeling down for not seeing a drop in a while.

I remember being in school, just wanting to move on to more challenging, fun things in the future and now I miss how simple school was. I have a tendency to try and do as many things as possible at the same time, which put me in so much stress that I now have anxiety problems and IBS, and I'm so behind in college that a lot of the time I think I'll never graduate. I'm doing a little freelancing too after I left my internship, I miss the money but I'm happy to be able to work at home and not but under so much stress.
I say this every week here, but I have got to work out more! It's hard because I don't like it at all, I end up using my free time to read lately. But my calorie counting is on track, I only had one cheat day the last couple of weeks but it was TOM and I don't think I went over maintenance calories so I'm ok with it.
chloekinsicle: I love cooking too! I miss cooking sinful cakes and cookies, they're so good! I still make them, but substituting a few ingredients and paying attention to portion sizes. Still feels like a treat, and I love it!
mya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #13  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

school needs to be OVER....

SO tired...
and our Senate is screwing us in the worst possible ways. They are moving our grading scales (for NO reason that benefits us). A - A +s... which WILL effect a GPA. You have to have all A++ to get that stupid 4.0........... Literally a 100% in all classes. That's RIDICULOUS! People hiring look at my GPA, it's a 4.0, I don't want to say I have a 3.75 or something when I get ALL A's! ><
Also hurts my GMAT score... my scores for scholarships... etc etc etc... REALLY?!?!?!

They are also raising tuition again, want to add more fees to incorporate a club football team when our school is known for it's Soccer and volleyball. (We're nationally ranked). Other fees to add dumb things like an extra weight room, and they want to stop doing the free breast exams.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

/vent

Anyway. I volunteered for a race today (Race for the cure type thing). Mostly a lot of heavy lifting, walking like crazy, and trash pick ups. We got drinks after and I may have partaken in a brownie Sunday.....>.>
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #14  
Making myself fat-free.

Hmm, sorry Divine. I'll re-look at the sheet. I don't usually do your teams and did them all in one shot, so probably merged two lines together or something. Sorry about that!

Edit: So sorry, I put your name with toastedsmoke's weigh in. I apologize.

Last edited by MeliZ; 10-04-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #15  
Making myself fat-free.

Went ahead and made your new thread here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-s...-3-10-9-a.html