Old 09-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #1  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 220/TICKER/120

Height: 5'3"

Default 100 Day Challenge

Alright y'all, turns out we have exactly 100 days left in 2011.

Instead of setting a particular weight loss goal for the New Year, I've decided to just challenge myself to spend 100 days on-plan. I think sometimes it's easy to get too focused on numbers, so I thought this might help me get away from that. I don't know for sure that I can lose (x) pounds in 100 days, because in some ways I don't control that, but I DO control what diet/exercise choices I make during that time....

...so, 100 days it is. Who's with me?
GreatPerhaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #2  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Great plan! I did a 100-day challenge and it worked really well for me. It was great not having a weight goal, but instead having a time goal!!

Good luck!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

This might be the place for me to jump in, even though there are now less than 100 days left. I've decided to slow things down a little from what I had been doing, but still want to lose a few more pounds. This will help me stay on track because I realized when I gave myself "permission" to slow down the weight loss, it got a little harder to stay focused.

Starting today, I will try to stay on plan with food choices and exercise. My new plan of attack is to "eat like a thin person." I don't strictly count calories, but I know what I should eat and what I shouldn't. I know what portions I should eat. I want to stay with that every day. And I usually go to the gym 5 or 6 days a week. That will stay the same, too.

Counting today, I think I have 96 days left. I will post weekly on my WI day - Wednesday. Good luck to anyone who joins in.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #4  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I'm doing a 100 days challenge that ends on Christmas, but I'll happily extend it to keep track with you and finish out the year strong!!

I'm using my football ticker to finish out my 30 days of exercise in September challenge (that's just a personal one, no thread for that) and then I'll convert it to my 100 days one - I'll end up with some extra days on the end now, and it will be a great way to start off the new year!!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #5  

I'll join all of you til the end of the year. Last year I lost over 20 pounds. This year a few more.
The Holidays are really a challenge to my weight loss plan.

That's what building a body of work is all about.
It's about the daily labor, the many individual acts, the choices large and small that add up over time, over a lifetime to a lasting legacy.
It's about not being satisfied with the latest achievement, the latest gold star, because the one thing I know about a body of work is that it's never finished.
It's cumulative. It deepens and expands with each day you give your best.
You may have setbacks and you may have failures, but you're not done. You haven't even started.
~ Barack Obama~

Last edited by JOLINA; 09-27-2011 at 09:30 AM.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

I am in even though I don't quite have 100 days. I will need extra motivation to keep strong during the holidays.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #7  
One day at a time...

Awesome, welcome ladies!

Today's Day 6, and so far I haven't veered off course really. I recently upped the amount of exercise I was doing daily, though, and now I seem to be holding onto weight like crazy. I'm trying not to let it get to me, but it's getting frustrating...I'm crossing my fingers that I'll see a whoosh in the next few days, haha.

Lin- I noticed you mentioning on another thread that you wanted to slow down for a bit. I think you're right, this is a great way to do that while ensuring that you stay on track.

April Snow- Out of curiosity, what was the exercise challenge? I would love to do something similar for October!

Jolina- Agreed, holidays are rough...I was thinking this year I'd offer to cook so I'd have a little more control over what was served

Madame Souza- Close enough, we're only a few days in :P
Old 09-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #8  
Dukanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPerhaps View Post
April Snow- Out of curiosity, what was the exercise challenge? I would love to do something similar for October!
I just decided that I was going to work out every day in September and set up a ticker to keep me on track!

I kept starting and stopping when it came to regular exercise, so I figured it would be a good way to establish a regular exercise habit. After I finish September, even if I take a rest day, I am already in the habit of working out every day, so I know I'll get right back on track. I set a 20 minute minimum although most days, I am up to 30 minutes now and planning to get to a 30 minute minimum at some point, with some longer days when I can.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I'll join in!!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #10  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I'm in! I definitely like focusing on behaviors rather than results because like GreatPerhaps said...we can't control those pesky but greatly desired results.

So far: OP 5/7 days out of 100!

Last edited by JamiSue3916; 09-29-2011 at 01:38 PM.
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #11  

I'm SO glad a bunch of people jumped in here! I do so much better when I have a challenge to keep me on track I really hate posting negative results, so I usually find myself "behaving" a bit better! I used to post in the daily weigh-in thread, but found it too stressful. I weigh every day, but hate writing it down because I don't like seeing the fluctuations. I have never had a Wednesday where I didn't stay the same or go down. Not sure what the magic of Wednesday is, but it's my weigh-in day and it has worked so far! So, more tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day, week, month.

Lin
Old 09-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #12  
Dukanista

I missed this when it was first posted so I'm glad it got bumped up where I saw it!

Just finished today's work out - 30 minutes of Wii Fit steps, and I really pushed myself hard today and got 3260 steps!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:03 AM   #13  
One day at a time...

I'm glad people are posting on this too- I was a little worried when I posted "who's with me?" and got no replies

Lin, hoping some of that Wednesday Magic rubs off on me tomorrow...
Old 09-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #14  

OK - Wednesday Magic, as GreatPerhaps called it, is intact. I was steady at 165.4 for the past 2 weeks. Down to 164.0 today.

I've been on plan with the food and the gym. I'm working on drinking about 128 ounces of water consistently every day. I seem to have no trouble doing that at work. I keep a 20 oz bottle on my desk and I re-fill it at the water fountain every time I go to the BR. (Sort of creates a vicious cycle! Pee, drink, pee, drink - LOL) On weekends, however, I'm not so consistent. Apparently I don't mind interrupting my work day to go potty, but am less inclined to have to do so on my own time!

Let's all have a great on plan - whatever that is - week. I signed up to participate (notice I didn't say "run") in a 5K on Saturday. A group from my gym are doing it - it's to benefit the Girl Scouts. We'll see how that goes - I don't run. I hope there are at least a few others who will mostly walk. I'll report back.

Lin
Old 09-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #15  
One day at a time...

I'm glad the Wednesday Magic worked! Congratulations on the loss.

As for me...no such luck. I'm super confused as to what's going on with my body. This is my seventh day perfectly on plan, and I'm still stuck on 204- for the record, at my last official weigh-in I was 203.2. What the heck?!

I'm actually going to try increasing my caloric intake today by a bit, because I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough for the amount of exercise I'm doing. I'll report back tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day.

Last edited by GreatPerhaps; 09-28-2011 at 10:36 AM.