South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Chat for Tuesday 9/27

Goodness! It seems like just yesterday we were talking about how fast August flew by, and now here we are the end of September already.

COFFEE!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am diving into my second cup but it's going to take more than that today.

Cottage - I know! That icky stuff will be here too soon.

So DW's procedure went perfectly according to text book. She had lots of fluid and still has a tube in. That should go this morning. She felt better right away - no more coughing (she thought that was from the myasthenia), significantly less shoulder pain (she thought that was an older rotator cuff injury) and she got some good sleep. Oh, and the nausea is also better. It's pretty scary that there could be a problem like that and we just wouldn't know. Now we just wait for the fluid analysis and hope it was a random virus. There is a small chance it could be connected to the tumor, which would not be good, but we are going with the odds and assume it will be the common viral thing.
Today I will bring her iPad and she will barely notice that I am there
Hope that's the end of our drama for awhile!

I am managing to stay on plan, even on the stricter 1.5 most of the time. I had some whole wheat the other day but that was a choice not a necessity and I won't do that again this week. I'm not getting enough exercise but am getting out on the path around the hospital every day and walking around the complex multiple times. It really is very patient and family friendly there.

Time to get Tuesday moving. I have chores to do before I leave. Hope your day is a good one.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:48 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I'm glad you made lots.

Today should be Hump Day because I have a lot of "climbing" to do ... mainly over the pile of schoolwork on the diningroom table. I need to fill and attach the prize money envelopes and get the piles sorted and ready for delivery to the schools. I also will be tackling the pile of wicker furniture on the front porch. I moved and stacked it to one end to get ready for painting but methinks that won't be happening until spring. It's going to be a summery day again despite being the end of September but the thermometer is going to crash down to below freezing by the weekend.

My bedroom looks like "Hoarders" today. Yesterday I started the semi-annual seasonal closet switch but didn't finish. I felt like just flaking on the clothing piles last night but did move them off the bed. I need to finish that today so I can lug stuff to Goodwill this week. It'll be both summer and winter clothes because I am not keeping any Saggy Baggy Elephant stuff. I have a few trips planned before 2012 so had better have some clothes. Shucks! I may have to shop!

Hmmmm ... piles of schoolwork, furniture and clothing. I'd best glug another coffee and get on with it.

On with "TwosDay", as Jenne says.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:50 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cyndi, things sound better. re the analysis. I hope it is just a viral thing and Julie can get home soon. Good for you for staying OP and getting in some walking.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:59 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks Ruth and for saggy clothes going away.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 AM   #6  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi everyone,

Cyndi, glad things are going better.

As for me, I am back to work today - ugh, don't want to go but I need the pay and I am going to try and see how far I get with my energy. I don't feel 100% myself yet but I am just going to do my best. Then when I come home, I think I will definitely rest.

I am on a few online dating sites and this one guy said something like "I like bigger women" - offended me, and I don't know what to do from here, he seemed nice besides that but when I told him I felt self conscious after his comment he didn't even apologize or anything. Not sure what to do. He lives on the other side of the country but I thought it was nice to have a pen pal. We'll see.

Thanks, take care.

Amy
Old 09-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Julie has my continual prayers and support, too, Cyndi. Thinking back on it, I'm glad all this happened after you came back home from visiting with your parents' and that she wasn't home alone when she passed out. You're really going to brighten her day with that new iPad! Is it a surprise, or does she know about it?

Ruth, it's hot and oppressively humid here, and I haven't even begun to think about switching out my wardrobe yet. Still, I'd rather have the hot than the cold.

So much for our "dry" week. Showers are in the forecast for today and every day into the foreseeable future. No need for a sauna, Mother Nature is readily providing that.
I've been happily organizing closets and restoring order to the house since the reno is finally complete. It was a long time coming, but the house looks amazing! More of the same today until it's time to pick up the girls, then it's piano lessons, followed by gymnastics afterwards. Another late night for me.

ETA-

Good luck back at work today, Amy!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-27-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning to all,

Well yesterday was the termination I was so nervous about. It certainly was scary, but went better than I thought. My boss said I did very well afterward, so that was reassuring. She was very surprised, even though we had had conversations about the main issue many times! I guess it is always surprising when something like that happens.

I'm feeling a cold coming on, which I am not excited about! Today I have a meeting for a couple hours this morning (nothing like working on both of my days off this week ) and then it's off to babysit my niece and nephew! Although they're so old now it's really just running them around! Gone are the days of watching babies, I'll take my niece to preschool, pick her up, and then my nephew will come home from 1st grade. Should be a fun day, I love hanging out with them. Scale has been up a couple the last few days, don't know what that's about but hopefully it turns around! I've added grains a couple days, don't know if that has anything to do with it, but we'll see.

Cyndi, I'm glad to hear that things are heading in the right direction! I hope today is even better than yesterday. Good for your for staying OP. Keep up the good work and the great attitude.
Ruth, shopping for some new clothes sounds like a fun project! Hope you get some of your house stuff done today.
Amy, good luck back at work. And if someone makes you feel self-conscious, be wary, IMHO of course!
Cottage, organizing post-renovations sounds like a job I want! My favorite part about moving is organizing everything into the new spots.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Another sleep in. Nothing extrordinary here today. I've been taking a walk before the pool and I'll see if I can fit that in. Lots of paperwork, I guess that will happen later.

Cyndi, I'm glad the procedure went well and that you're finding moments to take care of yourself, too.

Angie, I hope you can kick that cold before it starts!

Linda, I'm looking at my closet in the office wishing I had a reno!

Ruth, yay for clothes that don't fit!

Amy, take care at work. Easy does it.

OK, off to my next project...getting my big salad prepped for the next few days.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Linda - I was just thinking the same thing! Time sure is flying by faster and faster, it seems to me.

Cyndi - Glad to hear it went well. I hope you get good news. Kudos to you for staying on track with eating through this.

Ruth - You are always so busy! I cleared out lots of pants recently, both too big and, unfortunately, too small. It felt great though.

Amy - Hope you feel back to yourself soon!

Angie - I bet you are glad that's over! Enjoy the little ones.

Debbie - Have a great day. Enjoy the pool.

Nothing much happening here. October 1 is the deadline for applications to our charitable foundation so I'm getting submissions that, as the administrator, have to be read over to see if they are complete. I hope the continue to trickle rather than all coming the last day. Hope to get in a bike ride but have my SIL coming sometime this afternoon so have to wait around for her.

Yesterday I made a big mistake. I bought Triscuits to go with hummus that I am taking to a dinner on Thursday. Should not have gotten them so soon. I ate a few, then a few more, then more. Sigh. Cracker crack. I tossed the rest in the trash and will buy a new box on Thursday that I will NOT open at home.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Karen! Glad you had the willpower to ditch those triscuits. I hear ya! I had a nice bike ride...hope you get one, too!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all!

Cyn(di)- Great news on all fronts!
Ruth - Yay for donating big clothing! I need to take your que.
Amy - I don't even know what to say about that. Other than, be honest with him. Might as well as you've got nothing to lose!
Cottage - Sauna-like conditions here too. I hate it. Though I think sweating buckets is helping with my weight loss!
Angie - Termination?? Did I miss something?
Debbie - yay for sleeping in!
Karen - I don't eat crackers for that very reason. I don't even like them that much either but a box buy me is like kryptonite.

As for me, got the tetanus shot, pain meds and antibiotics. And then proceeded to get an allergic reaction from the pain meds and a fever (we think) from the tetanus. I am sooooo over this year. Since the end of June, I haven't had a free weekend where we haven't had anything bad happen or that we weren't super busy we forget to pee.

Happy Twosday!
Closed Thread