Old 09-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Struggling last two weeks

I wanted to ask if anyone has had this happen to them. I have been following IP and 3 weeks ago i joined a gym to start doing some weight training to increase my muscle mass, as i thought this would build up muscle and start increasing my fat loss as i would burn more calories. Well since i joined the gym and started working out, i have only been losing 2 lbs a week and i have lost no inches. I am a little concerned. My coach said to eat 4 proteins the day i go to the gym and i may have to stop going if this continues. I dont get it, i should be seeing results from going to the gym.
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

The results will come. Stick to the ip protocol and exercise as you feel able. It will work!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1962 View Post
I wanted to ask if anyone has had this happen to them. I have been following IP and 3 weeks ago i joined a gym to start doing some weight training to increase my muscle mass, as i thought this would build up muscle and start increasing my fat loss as i would burn more calories. Well since i joined the gym and started working out, i have only been losing 2 lbs a week and i have lost no inches. I am a little concerned. My coach said to eat 4 proteins the day i go to the gym and i may have to stop going if this continues. I dont get it, i should be seeing results from going to the gym.
definitely add an extra packet if you work out then. your body might be burning some of your muscle. that's why you are losing less.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #4  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

Since you say you've just joined a gym I presume you weren't going before hand. If that's the case you should NEVER have started exercising. Please read the exercise thread to find out what damage you can do, particularly to your heart muscle. And read the IP instructions about exercise.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Keep in mind that if you are building muscle that weight will replace some of the fat lost. Ask your coach to monitor your body fat % week to week. This will tell you if you are building muscle/losing fat or burning your muscle instead of fat.
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Here's the link to the exercise thread. I PMed an admin to see if it could be added to the post of stickies.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:56 AM   #7  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Here's the link to the exercise thread. I PMed an admin to see if it could be added to the post of stickies.
We talked about doing this a long time ago. But there's a lot of chit chat mixed in with the really good stuff. What would be ideal would be to extract the best posts -- if that's possible.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #8  

At the beginning my coach told me I could start exercising when I felt up to it. But a week or so ago, I saw a video on here somewhere(?) which someone had posted of someone who I think helped create the diet and they were saying no exercise first 3 weeks while your body was getting adjusted but after that it was fine to exercise it would help increase weight loss. Wish I knew where it was so I could direct you to it.
GramEGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GramEGail View Post
At the beginning my coach told me I could start exercising when I felt up to it. But a week or so ago, I saw a video on here somewhere(?) which someone had posted of someone who I think helped create the diet and they were saying no exercise first 3 weeks while your body was getting adjusted but after that it was fine to exercise it would help increase weight loss. Wish I knew where it was so I could direct you to it.
are these the Video's you are talking about? http://kountrywheyidealprotein.com/w...in/videos.html
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #10  

I went to the gym this morning, i had a protein drink prior to going. When i got to work this morning, i ate my restricted protein bar and have drank 2 bottles of water. I did a keto stick this morning to see if i am in ketosis and i am NOT!! I think i have knocked myself out with not eating enough. How do i get back into ketosis!! HELP i am a little panicky.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #11  

Quote:
I went to the gym this morning, i had a protein drink prior to going. When i got to work this morning, i ate my restricted protein bar and have drank 2 bottles of water. I did a keto stick this morning to see if i am in ketosis and i am NOT!! I think i have knocked myself out with not eating enough. How do i get back into ketosis!! HELP i am a little panicky.
Don't panic!!!...just follow protocol and you will be fine. Y'all all WORRY too much, just stick with the program it works. I have NEVER tested myself to see if i was in Ketosis or not, I just follow the plan. I NEVER weigh myself except on WI day's...I don't WORRY about all of that, I just stick to it! Maybe next time only drink 1/2 your shake before and the other half after your workout or eat 1/2 your bar before the other half after. No need to panic though
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #12  

Yes, Lisa thanks!
GramEGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GramEGail View Post
Yes, Lisa thanks!
Welcome

I don't worry about anything I just let it work on its on. I eat what I am suppose to and follow what I need to and the weight is just coming off so why stress? there is NO NEED FOR IT.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Wuv is correct. First of all, if you were exercising before the program you can continue. If you were not exercising before the program, you have to go very easy on it. Second of all, this program you would only test very slightly on the Ketosis stick because of the volume of water and if you had already gotten rid of your morning urine and drank alot, you may see nothing, that does not mean the program isn't working. Eat what the sheet says, drink what it says and you will be ok... really!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #15  

Ok, i will relax, i just have been a little worried because the last two weeks i have only lost 1 inch and then i see this morning. I got paranoid. I guess i am so anxious to hit the 199's that i am starting to obsess about my weight loss more than normal....thanks all for the advice!