Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 12:57 PM   #1  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Angry #193, What's up, people?

Since the other thread was 5 pages I thought I'd start a new thread.

It's Monday morning. Short week here @ work. The girls are rallying for a "snack day" on Wednesday. I'm rallying for shoving "snack day" where the sun doesn't shine. I might bring in cherries & grapes, but that is the extent of it. Just because it's there & free, doesn't mean I have to eat it.

My car has been leaking oil & Pennzoil thinks it might be the gasket tey just replaced. They think I should put oil into it & drive it back there to get it replaced for free. This might mean I could cancel my appt w/the garage that I have on Wednesday, or at least not have it be so expensive. I also have sandbags in the trunk from the winter that need to come out, as well as a big box of rummage sale clothes.

My friend & I are thinking of having a "One Day Only" rummage sale on Thursday. That way, we can get rid of as much as we can & not have to sit w/it for a whole weekend. People like to haggle for a lower price, too; having it only one day will put that in their favor, I wil just want to get rid of the stuff. "A quarter? Yes, get it out of my face, it's yours! You are the proud new owner! Congratulations, how does it feel? " Mostly getting rid of clothes @ the sale. I've got a lot of 26/28 that I'd LOVE to keep for the fall, but my friend says if I do that, it's a crutch, and that I am strong, I can do this, I do not need a crutch. What are your thoughts on getting rid of too big clothes? I really would like to hear what everyone else thinks.

Next weekend is another picnic. (See my journal for how yesterday's picnic went. ) I think I'm bringing fruit again, and a green salad, maybe a piece of chicken to grill. Better to bring stuff I like & can have.

How is everyone else doing? Do you have plans for the 4th? People not in the US can answer about their weekend plans.

Jennelle, how are things?
Old 06-30-2003, 02:59 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I feel for you! The girls here at work suggested a snack day on friday since we're the only ones that work in the office that day. I told them I would participate if all the snacks were healthy. They thought that was a grand idea so we've all been brainstorming ideas for untraditional healthy snacks (not just a bag of pretzels or a celery plate). I think I'm going to make a weird pumpkin quiche thing.

The weather was outstanding here this weekend. Finally the sun came out and I was outside soaking it up. On Sunday, the Cute Boyfriend and I brewed our first batch of beer in the new house. It was a lot of fun except he turned up the stove without telling me a caused a major boil over. Silly silly boy. You have no idea how hard it is to get beer wort off an enamel stove. Yuck!

I'm tired! Mondays don't agree with me.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:24 PM   #3  
missaprylj

Well, I think I absolutely love my little teenage job thing I have going on. My aunt owns the local flower shop, so I've pretty much got a guarenteed job there every summer inbetween college years, not to mention all through high school.
I love the 4th of July. It's cool in a small town because *everyone* goes to the parade and then *everyone* goes to the fire run and firework "display" lol. (It's like, 20 fireworks sent up into the sky 1 by 1, lmao.) I don't know, it just makes the town feel united.... call me crazy.
Oh, well, as far as the "on plan" aspect of "how are you all doing?" I think I'm doing pretty well. I had a series of icky off days but yesterday I pulled myself back up on the wagon. It's cool that I can finally tell when I'm eating right because of how much better I feel.
I think it's an awesome idea for you two to bring in healthy snacks to work. At school whenever we have little class parties it would be like pizza, or ice cream bars, candy, pop, etc. etc. I'll remember this year when one is coming up to bring something that I want in my body. Yay. Have a GREAT week!! Love, Apryl

Old 06-30-2003, 03:25 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi All!! I have a long day today. 7:30 am - 6:00 pm. I teach 3 classes. And it's boring Windows XP stuff too!! I was supposed to get off at 2:30, but somebody called off. But, as an incentive to take the shift and not complain about it - they gave me Thursday off!! WoooHoooo. A few extra hours for a whole day off. No complaints here! So I am looking at a wimpy 3 day week. I am very excited!

Bought Jacob a turtle sandbox for $5.00 at a garage sale last weekend (Can you say haggle - haggle!) SAPF - I sent you a PM - and this weekend we bought him an blow-up pool. So we should have lots to do during our 4 day weekend. Even though it's the 4th, we only havw a couple of parties to go to. We are going to take Jacob to the parade for the 1st time. I hope he likes it. He isn't very fond of noise.

Hope everyone has a great and abbreviated work week!!
Old 06-30-2003, 06:13 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

SAPF - I am fine, and thank you for asking. I even ate ice cream yesterday. As far as the clothes, you might check and see if a consignment shop will take the nicer ones. You could also look into donating some to a local battered women's shelter. Most of those women leave with nothing but the clothes on their backs.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:39 PM   #6  

Hi all, I know that I have disappeared lately, but I haven't forgotten you. I've just been really busy avoiding the computer. I'm afraid to look at a lot of things on here, and I've avoiding it like the plague.

Anyway, things are going ok here. I've been cleaning the house from top to bottom, as my mom is coming for a month in three weeks and we will have to have the place presentable for her. Otherwise, she will spend the whole time here cleaning it, and I do not want that. It will cause a lot of tension between my dh and I.

Hope that the sale goes well SAPF.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:09 PM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Denise - Don't be afraid to look. I avoided it for a few days myself because I was in crisis, then when I did post, realized that I should have been posting all along. I was SO afraid that people would judge me, and they didn't. (Or, if they did, they were polite enough to keep it to themselves.)
Old 07-01-2003, 12:00 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

No one here can judge anyone else. We are all in the same boat.

edited for clarity & content. also formatted to fit this screen!

What I meant by this is, we each have our own issues. It's not anyone's place to judge anyone else. We are supposed to be here to support one another, not tear each other (or ourselves!) down.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 07-01-2003 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:06 PM   #9  

I lurk way to often here and never take the time to write a response. Tonight is my weigh-in at WW and I feel crappy even though I ate good all week. I can't even begin to guess what the scale might say.....have to wait and see.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:41 PM   #10  

Kim,

I'm sure you did well...and you had an excellent week last week. Even if you didn't do well, there's still next week!
Good luck,
Sherry
Old 07-01-2003, 04:47 PM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Kim,

What's important is that you ate good all week. You had a really big loss last week so don't be upset if you don't see anything this time. Your body is trying to catch up with the mad progress you're making!

I haven't slept in two days!!! AGH! I have no idea why but I'm not having a drop of caffeine today. I need my sleep! I'm so tired and I have to dance tonight. Wah!!!!

Is summer the slow season here? I can never remember!
Old 07-01-2003, 08:38 PM   #12  

It's day 3 of Atkins. Oh man, I remember now why I never made it this far before. I'm such a wimp! I'm all naseous and dizzy. If it weren't for this adoption thing, I would totally give up and go back to WW.

But, the Atkins site says if you are having these symptoms to hang on - they don't last more than 5-7 days. OK. I'll hang on.

The scales are smiling - so I hope these crappy side effects go away!
Old 07-01-2003, 08:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Glad the scales are smiling, but hope you get over the sick feeling pretty soon!
Old 07-02-2003, 09:04 AM   #14  
Jo
Catatonic

Default Feeling burned out . . .

It's really weird -- I didn't have many problems adjusting to the eating/exercising changes when I first started (well over a year ago), but all of a sudden I'm really struggling. I don't want to eat healthfully, I don't want to exercise, I don't want to journal my food, I don't want to count my calories . . . well, you get the idea I'm afraid to get on the scales this week. I did manage to keep the damage to two days as far as eating (although every day has been a struggle), but my exercise has been way off (I've only done about 30 minutes a day as opposed to the hour + I was doing). I need to get a grip. I'm going to see my dietician next week and I hope she'll have some good ideas for me.

Angi -- you're a stronger woman than I am! I don't think I could ever give up my carbs I hope you're feeling better and I'm sure you'll reach your adoption goal in no time.

Kim - hope your WW weigh-in went well. I know how frustrating it can be when the scale doesn't reflect your efforts.

SAPF - I just went through my closet and got rid of a whole bunch of old clothes. I was afraid if I kept them it would be too easy to gain the weight back (oh, look, I already have the clothes ) I usually just take mine to goodwill or salvation army -- too lazy to have a yard sale.

No big plans for the fourth -- probably just hang out with my brother and his family.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:48 AM   #15  

Jo,

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've been struggling lately too. I haven't cheated, but I have wanted to so much. It wasn't a problem before at all and I wasn't even tempted, but now every day is a struggle. I dread going to exercise and the evenings are so difficult because I'm completely craving junk food. I've only been doing this since January of this year, but it's been really easy up until the last week or so.

I know we can do this though and if we can get through this tough time then it will get easier again. We have to, because going back to my old way of doing things just isn't an option at all. I don't want to be that person again that hurts every morning when she gets out of bed, or doesn't have the energy to even leave the house most of the time. I like being able to skate with the kids and wear a bathing suit to the pool!

If you need a little extra support, just let me know. We're all in this together.
Closed Thread