Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 01:11 PM   #1  

Talking WLS Chat-Week of 6/30

Another week has begun

I got a letter on Saturday from the WLS doctor's office that my appointment for my consultation on August 25 at 1:00PM had been cancelled !

BUT.....here is the good news! They changed the appointment to August 18 at 4:20PM A WEEK EARLIER!!!! Needless to say, this is one cancellation that I am pleased about!

As for pre-appointment loss, I am down 41 pounds now since March 1; and my appointment with my PCP is Wednesday. I am confident that he will be doing as much as a happy dance as I have ! I'm hoping to break 300 even by August 18; (I really don't have that far to go to do that now) usually the last 10 pounds are the toughest to lose, but I am going to hang in there!
Old 07-01-2003, 02:55 PM   #2  
- 50 lbs!!! 3/17/03

Default 6/30

Happy Un-Anniversary to me! Met with the lawyer today and all seems to be going along smoothly.

Did I mention I went out on Friday night .... on a 'real' date?
Well ... the concert was fabulous ... and we had a good time ... but really not my type. Ex-milatary ... bit controlling ... been there done that ... want my freedom now!

Busy at work ... busy with school ... and the two kids. Had my 4 month follow up yesterday and EVERYTHING is wonderful. They couldn't believe what I look like ... I've lost EXACTLY 100 lbs. And it is time for the celebration. I am only 40 lbs to their goal for me ... I want to hit a size 12 ... whatever weight that ends up being is fine with me. I am currently in size 18 pants and size 18/20 tops (the girls are a bit big yet!) .... but nothing a good plastic surgeon can't fix later. LOL That is down from a size 30/32 pre-op. I can't believe my life now. I exercise ... I have energy ... I am sooooooooo happy!!!!

Leanna
Old 07-01-2003, 08:25 PM   #3  

Hey Lori! Congrats on getting your consult date moved up!!!

Leanna, I completely understand about the ex military type!!! I'm married to an ex marine...sharp shooter BUT do Ya think he could find the dishwasher? I shouldn't complain (but I do love to) he really is a good guy.

and...you have lost 100 pounds in 4 months???? WOW WOW and double WOWWOW. That is terrific.

Not much happening around here. Dh is done with his job and it is kind of nice to have him home helping me with the kids.

I am hemming and hawing about having neighbors over for the 4th of July. Maybe I'll do a late thing and just have snacks and deserts. or something. I am really looking forward to next year when I am hoping I will be a whirl wind of energy and ambition. Dh came home from Great Adventure on Sunday with pictures of him and the boys. He gets this picture every year and I am never in them because I am too fluffy. I said to him, next year, maybe I'll be in that picture and he smiled and liked the thought of that.

a happy thought.

have a good one,
peach
Old 07-03-2003, 07:59 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Lori, so here you are ?
I was wondering where you went to since you vanished off the depression board.

Well I'm glad in any case you didn't leave us totally.

I didn't know you were considering surgery. I hope your visit goes great w/the doctors, keep us posted. I'm very excited for you and you'll always have my prayers.

Hugs !!

Hey Peach !!!!!!!!!! WATCHA DOIN ? HOW'S SIS ?
Old 07-04-2003, 08:51 PM   #5  
Hang In There

My whirwind trip is over and I'm back home. Ole Alvin came up with the novel idea that he is going to concentrate on proteins and go low care. DUH!!! Where was he when the doctor gave him all of his instrctions? But now it's HIS idea, buthe doesn't have a clue!!! Went to the grocery store to buy up things after we got home and what is the first thing he bags up? Great Big Huge Potatoes!!! no NO NO!!! I say, "can we even have potato SOUP" he askes. Maybe when you put the potatoes in the blender that squishes all the carbs out of them

Now for a question: You post-op people, how often do you see your surgeon? Alvin has only seen his once since he got out of the hospital the second time last August (almost a year). He sees his PCP regularly and he sends his blood work reports on to the surgeon, but I wish he actually saw the surgeon more so he (we, ME) could ask and get answers to some of the questions I have. (and maybe have the doc to tell him colas are a no-no etc). And of course he no longer goes to the support group meetings. HE doesn't need that kind of stuff!!!

Lori Congrats for getting your date moved up.
Peachie: I've been negelent in reading all the posts, do you have your date yet?

Jiff: sorry we couldn't make contact when we were in your neck or the woods, but we crammed so much in to these two weeks, I'm not sure we did justice to anything. On the way home we had to go by LEHIGH where my nephew is going to college and drive my Mom around the campus, so that took extra time.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 07-05-2003, 02:19 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Barb, I think Peachie's date is August 11.

Tell Ole Alvin he needs a boot in his cute little butt if he doesn't listen to you. Wanna borrow the Chicken Purse?
Old 07-05-2003, 02:46 PM   #7  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Hey RUTH,
Have you or are you going to have the surgery?

BOB
Old 07-05-2003, 08:02 PM   #8  
she who must be obeyed

Hi all, just saying hello. We arrived home a couple of hours ago, more tomorrow......just wanted to say
Old 10-08-2003, 12:30 AM   #9  
For my HEALTH...

Default test

test
Closed Thread