South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 06:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Beach Chat for 9/23

Happy 1st Day of FALL!

It's rather warm and steamy here today for the start of the new season, and more rain is expected, too. It's Friday, though, so I can deal with it.

I plan to clean the house this morning before I do anything else, then I'll stop by Mom & Dad's to have coffee and a visit with them. I must remember to pick up a card for my nephew, too. He just joined the National Guard and is leaving for basic training next week, so we're having a going-away party for him tomorrow, and also celebrating his birthday and Eagle Scout award.

This afternoon, I have to put on my muck boots to go pick some Swiss chard from the garden to make that Swiss Chard and Goat Cheese Custard Bake for supper.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:03 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Stressful start to the morning. We are off to the doctor's office as soon as they open. it's just a flu on top of everything else.

Cottage - I didn't get to make that last night but we are having it tonight too. I'm sure it's going to be
Old 09-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #3  

Sorry, Cyndi, that you're having a rotten start to your day.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drippy here too although the sky is sort of pink, cream and blue and may clear. Our trees are just starting to turn, Cottage. They must have checked the calendar.

Cyndi, I hope your day improves mightily. to you both.

Donna is supposed to come this morning now but I'll believe it when I see her. If she bails again, we'll have to have a very serious talk. It bothers me when other people mess around with my schedule. I absolutely MUST go to town today and will hope she is here when I get back. The Book Club comes tonight and the Dyson is sitting in the middle of the parlour.

Friend Liz came in last night to look at some 1930's dishes I want to re-home. She loved them and we packed them up and then sat and chatted and caught up. Then we got sucked into watching Grey's and sipped away at a bottle of red wine. It was a fun one-on-one with a very busy friend and neighbour. I need to do more of that.

I absolutely must make that Swiss Chard/Cheesey Pie but need to figure out how to cut back the recipe as I don't think it would freeze well. Any suggestions? Of course I could just have somebody for lunch on Sunday but I'm already overbooked this weekend so ....

Enjoy this first official day of fall.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hello ladies!

Cottage - Enjoy your friday off, the custard sounds delish!

Cyndi - oh dear. Good luck at the doctors office, I hope she feels better soon!

Ruth - Hope Donna shows up, especially if you're having guests over tonight. Lucky for Liz!

I told forever to write this, since the oil man and the bus showed up, I'm sure a few people snuck in! This is my day I start at 2, so I'm about to have a smoothie, piddle around for an hour, then off for a trail run! I haven't gone in a week, so I'm looking forward to it (and so is the dog!).

When did it become the end of September?

(and I'm proud to say, my daughter requested my green smoothie for her morning snack at school!)

Last edited by TwynnB; 09-23-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #6  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hey there beach chickies!

Today is my big day, my surgery. I am leaving for the hospital in just over an hour. I'm nervous, thirsty, hungry and eager to get this over with. I've been fasting since midnight. Next time I post on this forum, it will all be over and done with!

Take care,

Amy
Old 09-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A sleep in here, which is always good. Thanks for getting us started, Linda. Enjoy your Friday, especially visiting with your mom and dad.

Amy, best wishes for your day surgery. Check in with us later, if you can.

Cyndi, hope your day improves after a visit to the Dr.

Ruth, I hope Donna DOES show up!

Twynn, enjoy your run. That is really great news when DD is thinking healthy!

Ok, gotta run. It seems we got the wrong screws for the roofing so I might be making a trip to Home Depot, which entails a short drive.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-23-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! Donna was here at 8:30!!!!!! She's working away and the three (she brought the pup) are roaring around the house having fun. They'll sleep all afternoon for sure.

I'm outta here AFTER I get an appointment for next week changed to another date. I hate voicemail! I need to talk to a real person with my calendar in front of me.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies,

Cyn - you (and/or) DW feel better!
Cottage - can you come PLEASE clean my house too - we still have a room to unpack!
Ruth - I am the same way. $crew around on your own time, NOT MINE!! Glad she arrived!
Twynn - way to get 'em young and train 'em right!
Sea - good luck with surgery
Lexx - Good luck getting screws Couldn't resist!

As for me, we joined Sam's Club but there seems to be many more temptations in larger than life sizes for me there. I put it all back though and only got some Baby Bell cheese (light). I dropped a pound and plan to get back on a Ph1 kick for a few days. My eating, while not terrible has certainly gotten worse because of my lack of planning. Happy to me making the right choices but want to get back to making the BEST ones!

Happy Friday...I am off to get some work done and hopefully get out of here sooner rather than later!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good Morning!
Back to a little normalcy here today. Chessa is back at work, I'm don't work until 4 this afternoon, so I'm home drinking coffee. On the docket is cleaning up the backyard a little, calling our "Saab Guy" about some stuff with Chessa's car, and calling the pet store where they accidentally double charged me the other day and haven't reversed it! Other than that, should be a relaxing day. I'll probably take the wild animals to the dog park too, although they are pretty tired from being at "grandma and grandpa's"

I was starting to get nervous that p2 was going wrong somehow on my part, but I'm down another pound, which is great to see. Things definitely slow down on p2 but I'm fine with that. Eating has been VERY sporadic the last four or five days, so I'm excited to get some good veggies into my system again. I've been staying op, I believe, in every area but the veggie intake.

Cottage - I always hate when the first day of fall is warm! Hopefully you get some seasonable weather soon...I've never heard of that chard bake...is it awesome?
Cyndi - Crossing my fingers for you two! Strength for you, and easy, positive answers for DW!
Ruth - Sorry about the housecleaner stress! Hope she comes today. Oops...now I see, glad she came! I agree, lucky friend who got the dishes!!
Twynn - Enjoy the trail run! Aren't late start days great? Do you start at 2 every Friday?
Amy - Best of luck today! I hope everything is smooth and relatively pain-free. Keep us posted!
Debbie - Have a great day!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #11  

Hi Jenne! Way to go on getting back on track, that is a smart, and hard move to make! Keep up the good work on your new p1.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #12  
Start IP 4/8/2013

S/C/G: upper 174/163.9/130

Height: 5'4

HAPPY 1st day of Fall!!!!

It may be wet yuck, humid right now... But I don't care... It's Fall! I love Fall- cool nights are here to come, fire in the fire pit, snuggling in my sweatshirt and comfy socks... Red Wine apple picking... Fresh cider.. And HALLOWEEN it will come-- can't wait!

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
Sea- I hope by the time you read this all is well

This morning I went to a parent volunteer breakfast- I'm going to be a room mom for 5th grade. I can handle that. I hope

The breakfast though had NOTHING I could eat... I drank coffee... Came home and made a Fab Salad: tuna, egg, green olives, tomatoe with olive oil and balsamic drizzle. I feel better now.
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it to the gym.. We are renting a house and the AC keeps breaking ... So again I am waiting on repair dude or dudette from now until 4. Hope the come soon it's already been an hour. I can't believe my AC bill was over 300- 2 months in a row! This is crazy. We bought digitized thermometers so I try to keep the place at 74-75 -- but this unit works non-stop. The last time they came the wiring had blown and the compressor was busted. Thatsmy rant... Another happy fall moment-- NO AC!!!
9 months in this place... Most problems I've ever had with a rental in the 18 years of mil life. I think this is one of the other triggers for my husband to retire... I'm ready to be in a home- our home. So if all goes well next Spring we will move into OUR PLACE... but like the good mil fam we are... We own a home somewhere else that we lived in less than 2 years and need to sell this spring.. We bought it 7 years ago..right before the huge rise in house prices... We won't be under water but we won't make anything either if we can sell- if not we will rent it again..

News: my husband started at 173 and he is now 163 - yes the skinny cheater has lost 10 pounds!

My NSV: today I put my khakis on - size 10 and they fit great! And my button up shirt closed right up... No pulling or need for tank underneath ... I still have not hit the scale but I will this Sunday!!! I have too because I started the biggest loser 13 week challenge! And that's weigh in day!! Crossing my fingers that I'm under 170... Praying to be in the 160's!

Ok it's Friday!!! 16 days until we go to the NY wedding... And 30 days until the Military Ball!!! Boy I would sure <3 to be in the 150's by the time I go to the ball... Miracles can happen!!!

~Cheers, Desiree
Old 09-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #13  

Desiree - Congrats on the pants fitting! That is fantastic!!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #14  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi,

Thanks everyone so much for the well wishes, they are much appreciated. I've been home for about 2 hours now, and the surgery went well, everyone was really nice except for one difficult nurse. That upset me and my friend who was with me but at least the whole thing is over now, I feel fine just tired, I think the general anesthesia is still in my system. I found out yesterday at a diffierent doctor's office I may need surgery on my ankles if things don't improve, totally unrelated to today. I feel like I am falling apart and I'm in my 30s! One thing at a time. I am letting myself have some comfort food today, hopefully I'll get back on plan soon.

Thanks for being so supportive.

Amy
Old 09-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #15  

Amy, I'm glad your surgery went well and you are feeling well enough to post. Take it easy this weekend so you can completely recuperate, and thanks for keeping us updated!
Closed Thread