South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #1  
Be happy.

Default SBD Daily Chat, Wednesday, Sept 21

Good morning!

It's another chilly one here, I could see my breath on the way to the shower! I will be very glad when our new furnace arrives.

The weather report says we've got rain on the way for the rest of the week, so I need to readjust my lesson plans a bit today to be sure I get the kids outside to run a little bit extra today.

Angie, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers today. Safe travels to the funeral.

Have an on plan Wednesday, friends!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:15 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hello Heidi! Thanks for getting us started this morning! Have fun with the kiddos today!

We have a balmy and starlit morning here...great for travel, and we'll be leaving within the hour. Kirk is going to work on a shed roof and Leroy and I are going to do some brush and junk removal. We should be finished up and back here by Sat. afternoon at the latest.

I did some grocery shopping yesterday, remembering that I've ordered pizza several times during these work projects because I was too busy doing other things. I did buy pizza for the guys but can easily make myself something small and OP the night I decide to serve that. I'm doing great with my food resolve and am just waiting for my head cold to pass on through.

Sending supportive thoughts and prayers to Angie and Chessa today.

See ya'll on the other side of the mountain!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Heidi and Debbie and those to come.

Heidi,it looks like we're going to be pretty wet the rest of the week, too, although it's supposed to be warm. I hope you don't have to wait much longer for your new furnace.

Debbie, I hope your cold is about over, and safe traveling!

It's almost 6:30, yet it's still dark as midnight. Only the aroma of coffee coaxed me to get up on this rainy morning.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Hump Day! I's just 7 and I'm already in overdrive. See y'all later.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 129/120/112

Height: 5 Feet

Morning everyone! Not sure what I'm sending prayers out for but I'm gonna do it anyway!

Day 3 for me and not sure why I waited so long to do it! Loved our ricotta creme last night. John even text me while I was at a friends surrounded by cake and carbs for her birthday and thanked me for making this diet so enjoyable and Delish! Off to the store I go again for more food! Who knew you needed so much food for a diet!!

Happy day everyone!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's my last morning at the parents and I'm just getting everything together to go home. We are going out to breakfast then a walk for Mom and I before I get on the road. I won't be back for awhile with DW's surgery in-between so making the most of the visit.

Happy Hump Day Beachers!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm in more of a mood to chat, now that I've had several cups of coffee. It's hard to get going when the dawn breaks gray and gloomy. But I have to look at the bright side, it's the middle of the week and tomorrow's my Friday!

Ruth, that recipe for Hobbitshire Soup is in the Phase 2 recipes. I love it, as it's quick to make and so filling.

Angie,that's so sad about Chessa's friend, my thoughts and prayers will be with you on this day.

Twynn, I hope your van isn't a costly repair. I enjoyed the Morrocan Tagine, but won't make it quite as hot next time. I added extra spices and also the apricots, and it was delicious. But I have to remember that my poor body can't tolerate the hot stuff as much as it used to.

Cyndi, have a nice breakfast and stroll, and have a safe drive home.

jerseygiiirl, I'm glad SBD is working out so well for you. You'll find that as you become accustomed to this plan, you won't be having to run to the store as often. I get groceries once a week, with maybe a quick mid-week run for fresh produce.

Well, the clock is telling me it's time to get going. It should be an easy day and I should be home at a decent hour this afternoon. The carpenters are putting the finishing touches on the trim and shelves for the closets, and then the painters will do their thing, and the huge renovation project will finally be done!

Have a great Hump Day!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Today I return to my new dentist to get my temporary crown taken off and the permanent (I hope) one put on. Tonight we have company (some of DH's family) over for dinner. The meal is all OP but I think one of them might be bringing a dessert. If so, I hope it's something I don't like

Last night I had a crazy eating binge. All OP food because, thankfully, that's all I have in the house! I think it was a major emotional eating episode and I just wanted to chew and chew. Sigh.

Have a great day, all.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Howdy!
Thanks, everyone, for your support. Chessa is feeling really sad, I hate seeing her like this and not being able to do anything to make her feel better. We leave this afternoon after I get home from work, and the wake, funeral and burial are all tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Heidi - seeing your breath on the way to the bathroom!!! When does the new furnace arrive?
Debbie - you sound so strong about your eating during this project...way to go! Keep up the strong resolve.
Jersey - You sound like I did a couple weeks ago when I was first starting...I knew I had fallen in love with SBD! It was love at first sight, I think. Keep it up!
Cyndi - I hope your last day with your mom and dad is special and enjoyable. Have a great walk!
Cottage - Yay for tomorrow being your Friday! Lucky girl!
WaistingTime - Ouch about the crown! Hope everything goes okay.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning all...

doing a bit better this morning - still miss my baby beanerz but things are trucking along. I ate SOOOO poorly last night (not as bad as I wanted to but bad enough) and got sooo sick so ph1 day for me.

southmplegirl - sorry to hear...death is never easy
debbie - the new place is coming along. still not 100% unpacked because each weekend is super busy. maybe next? we're discovering the new neighborhood though. next is visiting the gym!

TTYL
Old 09-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #11  
Start IP 4/8/2013

S/C/G: upper 174/163.9/130

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! Made it to the gym again this morning - 3 days in a row. Haven't seen my husband the last few days with b2 school nights and boy scout meetings.. He's going to try to get home early tonight. He leaves at 5am every morning and late nights...long commute - because his boss changed his job location 8 months after we got here ... Not like you can just pick up and move your kids.. Oh well- so we may go out to dinner tonight... If we go I'm going to have a grilled salmon salad.. Yummy

Happy wacky Wednesday

PS: I started one of those biggest loser challenges on the board as well. First one. It's 13 weeks so it ends the week before Christmas.

ALSO- I bought the ricotta also... Haven't tried it yet... But maybe tonight

Have a great day everyone...
Old 09-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #12  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi everyone.

I feel like a bundle of nerves right now, I have to get a surgical procedure done Friday. It is same day surgery but it still unnerves me a bit. I hate it when they stick the IV in my arm because I am such a difficult stick so they said to drink lots and lots of fluids tomorrow. After Friday it will be all over and done with and hopefully I can return to work on Monday.

I'm trying to mainly eat healthy foods but I am a stress-eater so that doesn't help. I stocked up on SB foods yesterday at the grocery store.

My support to everyone.

Take care and thanks so much for the welcome,

Amy
Old 09-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #13  
Start IP 4/8/2013

S/C/G: upper 174/163.9/130

Height: 5'4

GOOD LUCK SeaBiscuit!!!

You'll feel much better once your done! So knock it out!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Sending you my supportive thoughts, seabiscuit
Old 09-22-2011, 01:55 AM   #15  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Awww, thanks chickies You rock! Your support means SO much to me!

I will be so glad once this procedure is over...

Hope you all are doing great.
Closed Thread