Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 09:30 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Kid Chat: Week of June 29th**

Hi All,

Went to Buy Buy Baby with mom yesterday and she bought us an Easy Diner seat for Peter! It's the kind that clamps onto the table. So far, I recommend it, it's got a high padded back, it's all like nylon, and the padded back/seat is removable (velcro) for washing. It's got a 5 pt. harness too, so even though Peter's not sitting up perfect yet, he's OK in this seat. Peter seems to like it, except when he's being clingy, of course. But I sat him in it this AM while I was cutting up fruit in the kitchen and he was pretty content, until he realized he was tired... He's sleeping now.

Mom also bought me one of those halter bra things for hands-free pumping. You wear it over your nursing bra while your pumping and it holds the horns on, so you don't have to. That's the most annoying thing about pumping that I have to sit there helpless if Peter's screaming or the phone rings! I hope it works. I don't think I'll use it for work (whenever that happens again), but definitely at home.

Karen- Yeah for Alex sleeping in his crib!! That's the same thing Peter does!! I'm like, Peter, save the drama!! It's really pathetic!!

DH gave him a piece of cantaloupe to suck on this AM (with DH holding it, of course). He did that down in FL and Peter loved it! He ended up swallowing a piece though, thank God he didn't choke! I told DH he can do it, I'm not risking it! DH is good at getting the pieces he bites off out of his mouth. We think the cold feels good on his gums.

RR- I hope everything is fine with the CT scan. I'll be praying for you all.

Adrienne- What's new by you?

Have a great day all!
Old 06-29-2003, 10:00 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

I have been doing tons of research and soo far all good things..They say, that hydrocphaly is usually found before 6 months and is diagnosed because of severe developmental delays..Kaylee is 27 weeks, she has been turning over, she can sit up with assist, she is alert, not vomiting..soo everything doesnt add up with it being bad..I think I woke up and cried 6 times last night..I just stroked her beautiful head and cried.....I think with a nurse mom and a chem e dad, she needs extra head size to hold that big brain!!! I will love her no matter what!!!
Vicki
Old 06-29-2003, 10:01 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning!

Lauren: There is a little mesh bag made onto a handle thingee that is made for baby to "eat" food through. They get the juice and flavor but not the chunks. I know BRU has it. I've heard good reviews about it. I just can't remember the name.

RR: We were posting at the same time. I hope everything turns out well. I'm glad you are feeling a little better. She's just one smart patootie!!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Last edited by KarenK; 06-29-2003 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:34 AM   #4  
LBH

Oh that's right, the Baby Safe Feeder!! Thanks Karen, I totally forgot about that, I registered for it, but didn't get it! I will have to get it!

RR, I'm soo glad to hear it sounds promising! And that's right, she's just gonna be really smart!!
Old 06-29-2003, 11:03 AM   #5  

Hi guys!!

Just popping back in to say that ALEX IS NAPPING IN HIS CRIB!!! He slept in the bassinet for 4 hours last nite after napping almost three hours in the crib during the day!! YYEEEHHAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!! I am probably cursing myself for tonight but I am so happy. All of this after he acted like his crib was surfaced in hot sheet metal on Friday.

Lauren: Yep, that's it!! I almost bought one the other day but I talked myself out of it. I bought a pair of Keds in size 0 for him. He looks so cute with them on.

OK, have a great day!!
Old 06-30-2003, 11:04 AM   #6  

vicki - I must have missed one of your other posts but I'm surmising Kaylee's head is big? Let me tell you my story...

At 9 months, I took the twins in for their appointment and they did all the measurements...yadda yadda yadda. So the doc comes in and she opens Avery's file first and she looks at him and looks at the chart and looks at him and then she says, "um, we might have a problem here..." apparently Avery's head circumference jumped from the 50th %ile to the 95th! And the rest of his body was still at the 50th for everything. So she is saying, "He doesn't show any signs of hydrocephaly, but I think it's smart to get a CT scan anyway..."

So of course, I'm totally freaking out here. She looks him over and declares him healthy in all other regards, then she opens Zoe's file. And she looks at Zoe and she looks at the chart and she says, "now wait a minute! Zoe's head circumference ALSO jumped from the 50th to the 95th!!!" She then says that the likelihood of them both having something wrong with thier brains is so miniscule (because most brain problems are NOT inherited) that it's more likely that they come from a family of big heads! I never thought mine, nor my husband's was particularly big but I realize now that my dad can't buy regular hats (never knew that!)

So we waited a month to see if they'd grown any more abnormally and they hadn't. We held off on the CAT scan and everything is fine so far. My kids will be two in October and while the rest of their little bods are in the 50th for everything, they have these enormous heads (but interestingly, they don't LOOK any bigger than any other kids') Honest-to-God... bigger heads mean bigger brains. Need I say any more?

Hope all goes well.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:29 PM   #7  

Hi all,

RR: I hear on the news here that you are getting lots of rain there. Please drive carefully today and let us know how things are ASAP.

I feel so blessed....Alex is sleeping in his pack 'n play right now and he slept about 5 hours in the bassinett last night. I'm getting some real sleep and it makes me feel like a new person!!

On a sad note there is something wrong with our dog and I have to take her to the vet today. She seems to be weakening in her back legs. She's 9 or 10 (we adopted her and don't know for sure) and I get so nervous everytime something's wrong with her. She's DH's princess and if something bad is wrong I don't know how he will take it. She's also not been getting a lot of attention since Alex arrived so I feel guilty on top of concerned.

Hope you guys are having a great day.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:07 PM   #8  

Oy! Long weekend and I'm so tired! Kids had a lot to do this weekend - the weather has just been wonderful and we've gotten outside a lot and the pool is our new friend.

The pool we go to had a big summer party yesterday. There was a great local band, hot dogs and chips and there were a bunch of games for the older ones, too. Balloons, and so much fun! But my babies had a hard time winding down last night after the long weekend and they paid the price this morning. They giggled and laughed and played in their cribs from 7:00 until 9:00 last night! In OUR house, they get in their cribs at 7:00 and regardless of what time they actually go to sleep, they STAY in their cribs until morning (although they're usually asleep by 7:15 or so.) So this morning it was very difficult waking up my little sleepy-heads at 6:30am!

They'll be tired and cranky tonight - no doubt!
Old 06-30-2003, 02:15 PM   #9  

Arienne: Since my little guy is only 2 months old and I don't believe in cry it out we are taking things slow and are grateful for every step forward.
Old 06-30-2003, 04:10 PM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Adrienne..I needed those encouraging words this morning!!!!!Thank goodness all turned out well for U!!!!Why do those MD's freak us out????

WELL>>>ALL IS GREAT!!! She did soo good in the machine..They strapped her in and placed a lead apron on her and the table went into the machine..Jerry held her legs and I held her hands and sang to her...She was good..She screamed but was ok.
I talked to the radiologists and he said all was clear..He even let me see her brain ventricles and lobes.. I havent heard from the Pedi but I am comfortable with this Neuro Radiologists saying not to worry!!!Thanks for the welll wishes and prayers!!!!
RR
Old 06-30-2003, 07:23 PM   #11  

Vicky: I am so glad for you!! I can only imagine how relieved you must be. Hope you guys have a great evening.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:18 PM   #12  
LBH

Hey All,

Vicki, soo glad to hear all looks good! I'm sure the ped will say it's OK.

Karen, I don't let Peter cry it out, but I will let him cry a bit, if it's the "I'm soo tired, but I'm gonna fight it until I fall asleep" cry!! That one usually doesn't last more than 5 minutes...10 tops! If I put him down and he's freaking out and just mad, or something, I'll walk with him some more, or just attach him to the boob...that usually works like magic...instant exstacy (sp...soo wrong, but I can't figure it out!!) eyes.

Adrienne, Oh boy, hope they're sleep now!! Was it a rough day after yesterday?
Old 07-01-2003, 11:53 AM   #13  

Lauren: Yeah, we do cry a little but just the stuff a pacifier will quiet. If he's full blown he gets the boob!! The eyes roll back in his head and we try again!! Still interested in having lunch one day?
Old 07-01-2003, 05:04 PM   #14  
LBH

Karen, yes, I'd love to get together, especially now that I'm out of work and have all this time!

Peter's been great today...of course he's waking up now that I'm on the computer. Slept from 9:30-11:30 this AM, and 2:40 to 5:00 this afternoon! And was a laughing, giggling pleasure inbetween! That's what makes the hard times all worth it!

Gotta run!
Old 07-01-2003, 06:27 PM   #15  

Lauren: Just let me know when. I have no plans that I know of from now when I go back to work. Only 5 1/2 weeks left. .
Closed Thread