Old 09-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #1  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Default Team Sports?

Does anyone participate in team sports? I thought it sounded like a great way to get some exercise and meet other health-conscious friends. I'd love to join a local kick-ball league, but my husband thinks I'm crazy. He is naturally really thin with a very active job (military) and would rather go to the dentist than exercise for fun!

I'm 27 with an infant and a toddler, so getting childcare every week for practices and games would be tough (my husband is gone a lot) but I want to find a way. I also considered roller-derby, but the league in my area is hardcore and scares me. LOL! If you participate in a team sport, what do you play?
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #2  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi! I play soccer. There are a TON of indoor/outdoor/co-ed/women only leagues pretty much everywhere. I played in high school and college and at 27 can't give it up! It's a great workout and you can make a ton of new friends! I'm trying out for a semi pro team in the spring I'm excited! You should try soccer it's soooooooooo fun . Good luck!

PS-I have a 4 year old and an 8 month old and yes its hard to get them taken care of but it is worth it FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I need that mommy time lol you deserve it .

Last edited by munstermommy; 09-19-2011 at 05:20 PM.
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #3  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Gosh I'd love love LOVE to join a team of some sort. Like softball! But I'm way to self conscious to do it keep us updated!!
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/213/180

Height: 6'1.5

You should do it! I love kickball and would join something like that in a heartbeat! I've gotta do some research and see if there's something like that around here.
LongTallBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #5  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Thanks everyone!

Monstermommy, I totally agree about getting mommy time! I go to the Y most days to work out and put the babies in Stay & Play... I would go crazy without a bit of "me" time!

Andrbeck, I've always let the same thing hold me back and I feel like I've missed out on too much. I've decided that it's time to be brave and find as many things that make me happy as possible.... life's too short!

LongTallbee, you should! Kickball seems a lot more common than I originally thought!
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote