Old 09-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Default Ip Weekend Chat ~ 9/17 - 9/18 ~

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7'

Good morning! Thanks for starting the weekend posts. I didn't know how to do it, so instead of do it wrong I thought I'd wait until someone else did it!

I am officially down 30.7 pounds! I weighed in this morning and lost another 2.2 lbs and that was being on Ph 2 all week. I love Ph 2 and plan on staying here for as long as I can. I'll move back to phase 1 if I feel like i need a boost, but for now, this is working.

Have a fabulous Saturday everyone!
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Default One Month Anniversary

Today is my one month anniversary and I'm down 19 pounds and feeling amazing. I haven't cheated however didn't necessarily time starting the diet very well. So far since starting I've experienced:
  • 3 weekends camping with friends and family at the cabin (smores, hot dogs, chips and candy all around)
  • 2 teenage sleepovers
  • 4 business trips overnight
  • one trip to our local fair (including bringing warm cinnammon mini donuts home for hubby)

I'm going to try to lose another few pounds, and then move to phase 2 when I'm at my goal weight. I'm amazed how much different I feel
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #4  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Back to business after long-term success!

I lost 10 pounds and kept it off about a year ago, now back to lose 10 more. I'm on day 3 and doing well! Hello everyone!
ratfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #5  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Good morning all!!

I am just stopping in to say hello... I just had to wake up to go Pee!! So I figured I would check in while all you east coasters are waking up!!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7'

BCGirl - Congrats on 19 lbs gone forever! It's hard to find 'perfect' timing. I think that no matter when you start there will always be a celebration, a holiday, a birthday, etc.....the key is that you stuck with it and took off 19 lbs.

Ratfancy - Welcome back. So you kept off all your weight that you lost a year ago. I'd love to hear what was easy/hard about it. Any tips, hints you can give the rest of us?
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Morning! Does anyone have a trick to make the soy patties taste good? I was thinking of trying them for lunch...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Morning! Does anyone have a trick to make the soy patties taste good? I was thinking of trying them for lunch...
I actually like the soy patties, but was thinking that the next time I make one I'll add cumin, chili powder and hot sauce -- make it sort of taco-y.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! Survived son's third birthday party at school. The cake looked soooo good. I served it all and didn't even lick my fingers. I'm feeling quite virtuous today.

Made son his birthday french toast this morning and the house smells glorious. Again, no tasting, which is the hardest instinct/habit to get over.

Anyway, a day of in-laws and birthday celebrations for my precious 3-year-old. We're going to a noodle house for lunch -- I will be eating steamed veggies and tofu. Wish me luck!
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #10  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
I actually like the soy patties, but was thinking that the next time I make one I'll add cumin, chili powder and hot sauce -- make it sort of taco-y.
That sounds delish! Started off this weekend on a high - stepped on the scale and after a week of *stall* ( I shouldn't get on every day I know!!) and I actually show a drop of 3 lbs! But then my army sergeant step-son called from Iraq, and I was ecstatic to hear from him, and I realized my happiness does not come from my weight on the scale. Have a great weekend everyone, and I hope you make the choice to be happy, no matter what the # on the scale says!!
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Good morning and welcome home!

Someone please tell me why kids insist on getting up so damn early on Saturdays? When we were kids we had Saturday morning cartoons to watch. They have about a dozen channels devoted to cartoons 24/7. Why the mad rush? At least Beauty & the Beast is on this morning - one of my favorite all-time Disney movies.
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #12  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
Good morning all! Survived son's third birthday party at school. The cake looked soooo good. I served it all and didn't even lick my fingers. I'm feeling quite virtuous today.

Made son his birthday french toast this morning and the house smells glorious. Again, no tasting, which is the hardest instinct/habit to get over.

Anyway, a day of in-laws and birthday celebrations for my precious 3-year-old. We're going to a noodle house for lunch -- I will be eating steamed veggies and tofu. Wish me luck!
I will be thinking of you and sending will-power vibes your way We have a church pot-luck and BBQ tomorrow afternoon, and I am making crock-pot mac n cheese. There are going to me so many goodies there. I am going to fill up on an IP meal before I go, and take some BBQ ridges in my purse so that later in the afternoon I have something to much on. It's about the fellowship, not the food! I just have to keep repeating that to myself as my mantra for the day. IP is all about making a permanent lifestyle change in the way I eat, so I need to make good choices tomorrow, and always.
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
Today is my one month anniversary and I'm down 19 pounds and feeling amazing. I haven't cheated however didn't necessarily time starting the diet very well. So far since starting I've experienced:
  • 3 weekends camping with friends and family at the cabin (smores, hot dogs, chips and candy all around)
  • 2 teenage sleepovers
  • 4 business trips overnight
  • one trip to our local fair (including bringing warm cinnammon mini donuts home for hubby)

I'm going to try to lose another few pounds, and then move to phase 2 when I'm at my goal weight. I'm amazed how much different I feel
The thing is, there is never good timing when it comes to starting a healthy eating plan. It has to become your way of life. Since starting ideal protein, I have had 5 birthdays for people in my immediate family, including my own- that is just the people I live with not to mention other friends and family. I have survived with a pudding cake here and there and am so happy I didn't feed my body a bunch os sugary junk. I have been through valentine's day, Easter, fourth of July, etc etc etc. And I work out of town 2 weekends a month and live in a hotel room for one of those weekends. It is how I live now and I feel so good. Way to go, every time you make the best choices for your body, you become that much stronger and your new lifestyle and way of eating becomes more cemented into what you do. Here is to hoping you are still making great choices in 2 years!
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #14  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

When you start the daily thread, click "quote" before you copy the text...

Another trick. Once you click quote, go to the text box and hit Ctrl+A to select everything... Then copy...

By doing it this way, when you paste everything in, the links will work. All you have to do is remove the [\quote] stuff at the beginning and the end and it will be everything you need.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I am amazed at how much water your body can hold on to. Yesterday was not a normal day for me, and I was WAY bummed when I got on the scale and saw I was up 1.5 lbs from my WI weight last week. Got up, drank my coffee, and then hubby sent me back to bed since I was up all night with a sick baby. Got up an hour later and I'm back at the weight I weighed in at. Hoping to get my water in earlier today!

I mentioned this at the very very end of the thread yesterday but if anyone is interested in doing an exchange on here LMK. I have several different soups and omelets that I would be willing to trade for just about anything. I haven't done any exchanges on this forum before, but I have good feedback on E-Bay and Diaperswappers (including trades).

Whoops, sick baby is waking back up. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
When you start the daily thread, click "quote" before you copy the text...

Another trick. Once you click quote, go to the text box and hit Ctrl+A to select everything... Then copy...

By doing it this way, when you paste everything in, the links will work. All you have to do is remove the [\quote] stuff at the beginning and the end and it will be everything you need.
Thanks! I was up early and going to start a new day, but I wasn't sure how to make sure all the links worked.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote