Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #1  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Do you eat anything "weird?"

I just had something that seems like an odd choice, so it made me curious if anyone else has made some odd choices!

What did I have? I had about a cup of sauerkraut with a Knudsen cottage cheese singles. It was so delicious (to me anyway) and filling! I'm sure the salt content will make me a bit bloated, but it's better than indulging in something I'll regret for longer than it takes to shed some water weight.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/220/160

Height: 5'7

Yeah, I probably do eat some weird things, whether I'm watching my weight or not, but I come up with more creative things when I am trying to watch what I eat. One thing that I like to eat for breakfast is roasted chickpeas and a boiled egg, that might be a weird combo. I know I have some others but can't think of any right now.
lunameower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've always eaten weird. Even as a kid, I was a food adventurer. I would prefer a horrible but interesting food experience to a boring one. It was funny because even as young as 11 years old when we would go on family vacations, I was always the only one begging to go anyhwere but McDonald's.

Last edited by kaplods; 09-18-2011 at 01:15 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #4  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

Nothing that I consider weird but people have looked at me strangely sometimes. My Dad is Mexican American and my Mom was a southern white woman, so our food growing up was a combination of both types of food. So when, for example, I used to put grits in tortillas and eat it that way, people always thought it was weird. Oh well!!
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #5  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

All these "weird" food combos you guys are mentioning sound seriously delicious. ESPECIALLY Grits with tortilla. Oh my god!
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

I eat a lot of meat. Not just more than most people, I eat it almost exclusively. And here's the "weird" part, I like it very rare, bleu, or raw. Never had the chance to eat sushi or sashimi though.
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #7  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

For an American I feel like I eat fairly normal. However, because I live abroad my food choices get criticized a lot. The biggest ones is that people think I'm insane and going to destroy my cholesterol by eating eggs every day.

Oh, and everyone thinks I'm insane for drinking coffee with no sugar inside.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #8  
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
I learned to drink my coffee black - no cream, no sugar. Just think of all the money I have saved through the years by drinking it that way!!!
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I have always been a food adventurer. I am like Kaplods. I'd honestly rather have something weird or even gross than something bland. I like bland foods alright, I guess, but I'd rather have something crazy and weird. I would consider myself a very adventurous eater. I love travel because it affords me opportunities to have amazing albeit slightly strange foods. Probably my favorite dish in the world, the ultimate treat for me, is sashimi. Sushi just goes without saying, but I LOVE sashimi. I also love rare (very rare) beef, and I think I could even love it raw if I was sure I wouldn't get sick. I have been wanting to try menudo, as I do live on the Mexican border for right now and most of the population here is Hispanic and I hear the restaurants here make a mean bowl of it. I would never get that in KY. My parents tried it and didn't like it, but I'd like to give it a good couple of chances. Right now, I'm into this mexican candy- I eat it as a treat on weekends, sometimes-it's a lollipop dipped in chili pepper. Also, the tamarind candy here is pretty wonderful. I like a lot of crazy stuff, for sure!

Last edited by fatferretfanatic; 09-18-2011 at 10:46 PM.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:29 AM   #10  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

The only thing I've noticed is that I have a higher tolerance for cabbage-y flavors and the cruciform (spelling?) vegetables that belong to that family, which I always attributed to my Eastern European ethnic roots & those vegetables being served a lot at our home and relatives' homes from my infancy onward.

When I was bingeing, I would on occasion eat rather disgusting food combinations, usually variations on uncooked cake or cookie batter of some kind. Actually, that was one of the signs that the binge was in its most desperate phase. It was also a sign that I was fooling myself in some way or seeking out some extreme. Rather than eating actual completely baked cookies or cake, I was going for the starter ingredients, in effect, to mainline sugar & butter & flavor.

Not a good memory. Hasn't happened in a while.

May it never happen again.

Last edited by saef; 09-19-2011 at 06:30 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:32 AM   #11  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
Same here!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

People make fun of tuna mixed with apple sauce.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

lilies, that sounds good! I've had tuna with chopped apples in it and that's delicious; I can imagine that applesauce would be great as well.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

The applesauce is my lazy way.. lol... It's just so quick to pour some unsweetened apple sauce in there.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #15  

I needed a very light snack/breakfast before I head out into the sun to do a lot of physical gardening - chopped hard boiled egg leftover from yesterday with very spicy homemade salsa hit the spot. In general vegetables for breakfast and wherever they seem tasty - not to force them in but because I love them and they fill me up. They seem to keep me healthy and promote good skin as well
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote