View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #12
Aileen

S/C/G: 204/183/125

Height: 5'4"

I guess I wondered about maintenance in terms of your final goal weight changing as you were on this journey. I have a goal weight of 125lbs, which is lower than I've ever been as an adult, but I have journals from when I was 135lbs as an adult and had written about how large I was still, how flabby, etc..and I didn't look small in pictures from that time or anything and was wearing a size 13/14.

I know that sizes have changed and that I'm not in a 'normal' weight range, but I have the exact same measurements now at 165lbs that I did at 135lbs and wear a size 8 or medium for the most part. We could talk about clothing size all day, but that's another issue altogether. I'm not close to goal and I would really like to lose the weight, but I'm thinking about maintenance because 'dieting' affects my athletic performance. I find it hard to go out and do 20mile runs without the right amount of fuel and the right amount goes over my points everytime.

Anyone ever choose to abandon a lower goal weight for a higher one for various reasons?
Aileen is offline   Reply With Quote