Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP DAILY CHAT - Thur, Sept 15

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 09-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #2  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I finally weigh in this morning. Feels like it's been forever. I really don't know if I've lost much. I've been traveling and I'm so close to goal that the weight just doesn't seem to want to budge anymore.

I'm also HOME! YAY. Dallas was hot! I lived in Texas for years, but I don't remember it being that hot.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I finally weigh in this morning. Feels like it's been forever. I really don't know if I've lost much. I've been traveling and I'm so close to goal that the weight just doesn't seem to want to budge anymore.

I'm also HOME! YAY. Dallas was hot! I lived in Texas for years, but I don't remember it being that hot.
Good luck at weigh in and welcome home!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #4  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Hi Pixelkitty. Glad you are home again! Hope your WI goes well today. There is no doubt as you closer to goal weight your weight loss slows down.

My WI in yesterday was -2.8. I am pleased! This was a better week for me. I have cut back on the restricteds and think that helped.
So yesterday after being on this program for 20 weeks, my coach finally tells me that you can eat 5-8 oz of any protein..not the old rule that 5 oz of beef and chicken. She forgot to tell me and hadn't changed her sheets. I guess it does not make a difference, but it was frustrating to find out.
I am reading the sheets on Phase 2 and 3 and understand more the ideas leading into Phase 3. It does not seem so radical!
Happy Thursday..it is almost Friday.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:15 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

This week I lost 4.2lbs! That is my best since week 2! I also lost 2 inches, another 1/2" in my hips so more jeans are fitting now! My total for 3 months is 36.6lbs and 26 inches! If you told me June 23rd I'd be where I am now I think I'd have a hard time believing you. We are going out for dinner tonight to somewhere I can finally feel confident in getting what I order. I have a lot of IP friends who have eaten there and highly recommend it. I can't wait to go out and not have to worry and actually enjoy my meal!

Good luck to the others who weigh in today also! Crossing my fingers for big numbers for ya!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone! Last night was a failure. I was so mad at my coach for no encouragement after yesterday's WI. I went to new clinic and sought out a new coach. They explained that given my weight and health conditions I would need special instructions from a very experienced coach and guidance from their medical team for IP. They would submit everything to the medical team and come up with a plan just for me. Symptoms I was having were not normal and that needed to check about them first. I felt much better there and like this team (not just one guy) really knew what they were doing. So I ate mcdonalds last night, then I felt terrible for doing it! This morning I woke up ready to take this on with a new coach. Today and this week is going to be great! I see my doctor today about symptoms and the dizziness to make sure nothing else is wrong.

Have great day everyone
Old 09-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #7  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
This week I lost 4.2lbs! That is my best since week 2! I also lost 2 inches, another 1/2" in my hips so more jeans are fitting now! My total for 3 months is 36.6lbs and 26 inches! If you told me June 23rd I'd be where I am now I think I'd have a hard time believing you. We are going out for dinner tonight to somewhere I can finally feel confident in getting what I order. I have a lot of IP friends who have eaten there and highly recommend it. I can't wait to go out and not have to worry and actually enjoy my meal!

Good luck to the others who weigh in today also! Crossing my fingers for big numbers for ya!
That is great about 4.2 lbs! You deserve not to cook tonight. Have a great meal!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Talking

Quote:

Way to go! That's awesome! Enjoy your dinner tonight
Old 09-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies I am new to the forum. I have been on WW several times in the past. Back on as of last monday. Using my smart phone app to track. I haven't went to any meetings yet I was going to see if I can do it on my own... Trying not to spend any extra money right now but if I feel I need the support I will.....
Old 09-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #10  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
Good morning everyone! Last night was a failure. I was so mad at my coach for no encouragement after yesterday's WI. I went to new clinic and sought out a new coach. They explained that given my weight and health conditions I would need special instructions from a very experienced coach and guidance from their medical team for IP. They would submit everything to the medical team and come up with a plan just for me. Symptoms I was having were not normal and that needed to check about them first. I felt much better there and like this team (not just one guy) really knew what they were doing. So I ate mcdonalds last night, then I felt terrible for doing it! This morning I woke up ready to take this on with a new coach. Today and this week is going to be great! I see my doctor today about symptoms and the dizziness to make sure nothing else is wrong.

Have great day everyone
Hope your teams helps you get going to a new start on IP! I have heard that if you are dizzy, taking a half a teaspoon or a teaspoon of salt in water can help. Goof luck today.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5'6"

Opps sorry ladies just realized Im in the wrong thread... Good luck to you all!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Morning IP friends....this morning I think I will take a vanilla pudding--put it in the blender add 9 oz of water sprinkle cinnamon and add a little walden farms strawberry in it with ice and blend it up...with one stevia...yummy its cold and icy and goes down nice...

Have a great day and remember start getting in more movement..shake that body put on music and dance around the house..anything to start moving and feeling those nice new curves....

Last edited by JudoGirl; 09-15-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!! Yesterday was such a busy day I don't think I had time to let it sink in that I actually lost double digits!! I didn't think of it that way, but man it feels awesome Thank you guys so much for all the support and congrats! Thankfully today won't be nearly as crazy, but I'm thinking I should have bought a few more restricteds because I have a lot of crazy mornings! Oh well, I guess I can mix up a drink almost as fast as I can open a bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

Good luck on your WI, you're doing so phenomenally that I bet the weight will continue to come off, even if it's a bit slower. Welcome home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
My WI in yesterday was -2.8. I am pleased! This was a better week for me. I have cut back on the restricteds and think that helped.
So yesterday after being on this program for 20 weeks, my coach finally tells me that you can eat 5-8 oz of any protein..not the old rule that 5 oz of beef and chicken. She forgot to tell me and hadn't changed her sheets. I guess it does not make a difference, but it was frustrating to find out.
I am reading the sheets on Phase 2 and 3 and understand more the ideas leading into Phase 3. It does not seem so radical!
Happy Thursday..it is almost Friday.
Congrats on the WI!!! It's good to know about the meat. I don't think they've changed it on the official sheets yet either because my coach had to write it into mine as well.

Quote:
Congrats on your WI! Have fun eating out tonight! Hubby and I are thinking of going out Saturday but I don't know that I trust a restaurant yet. That's awesome you have IP support in real life. I don't know anyone else who has done the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
I'm so glad you got a team that you feel more comfortable with. Brush yourself off and when you're ready start again. Make sure you get enough salt too. I still do a 1/2 a teaspoon on my palm like Wuv suggested every morning because I know it dips in the mornings and midmorning is when I get lethargic and get headaches. The salt seems to keep them away.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #14  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Today marks my 11th week on IP, and I am so happy I am where I am now, I lost a total of 38 pounds, all this and I cheated!

This week, I lost only one pound, I mean, not really since I cheated, gained 3 pounds, lost them all plus one pound! so a total loss of 4 pounds, but it only counts as one... See... Cheating is baaaaaaaad !

I see that everyone is doing well in here, and almost everyone is seeing a coach, I am not really seeing a coach, since the very beginning, I went to see a coach, it happened that she went on a vacation right after I started, then I continued buying my IP products from another center, then I went to another center where they took my weight and measurements, but since then, I did not go because I discovered about using alternative products. Speaking of that, I got my package yesterday, and today I tried the honey nut cereals and they were much more than delicious and not even a restricted, they are the Protidiet Protein Soy Cereals - Honey Nut that I got from my proteinwell.ca order, they are so yummy.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Keep up the good work

Have a good day everyone
Old 09-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Awsome WI!
Closed Thread