Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-14-2011, 10:48 PM   #1  

Question Thinking on trying the Ideal Protein Diet

Hi there, I was just wondering if this diet is as hard or similar to the HCG diet. I tried the HGC diet a few months ago and it was horrible. Found it really hard, was weak and starving to death! Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks

Raylene
Raylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Raylene

Check out this thread for info on the Ideal Protein Diet

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

I cannot do this diet because I only have one functional kidney and I have to limit my protein.

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:25 AM   #3  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I just checked it out, and it's very similar to the diet I'm on (Metabolic Research Center). I will say that it's difficult, but the results are very fast, so for me it's worth it. Since it works so fast, I only have to do the crazy hard part for a few months. I'm also not hungry, and it helps make cravings go away. However, if you eat off plan, those cravings can come back with a vengeance! If you cheat, it slows the loss way down, so I would only do this if you are committed to not cheating. I cheat maybe once a month, and it takes me 3 days- a full week to recover from the water retention, etc.

I dont know a lot about HCG other than that it's a hormone type thing, comes with a severely restricted diet plan, and that its safety is questionable-- that's why I haven't even considered it. However, if hunger was your issue with that, then this diet should be an improvement. With so many veggies and lots of protein, I'm never hungry. However, the food isn't all that exciting, either.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:02 AM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

The Ideal Protein Diet is a version of a PSMF.

The HCG diet is another version of a PSMF with some voodoo drops that do nothing.

I am NOT a huge fan of either but the IP diet is far superior to the HCG diet.

The primary problem I have with both of these diets is their failure to educate their dieters with accurate scientific information and the information they provide is somewhat accurate in the case of the IP diet and completely false in the case of the HCG diet.

The second problem I have with these diets are the expensive supplements.

I wouldn't suggest any PSMF be attempted without a visit to the Dr first to discover if your health can handle such a diet.

If you're really set on such a restrictive diet I'd suggest "Rapid Fat Loss" by Lyle Mcdonald.

Last edited by JohnP; 09-22-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Added the word NOT. Hahaha that changes things a bit...
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 161/139/112

Height: 4' 10"

Default Should I??

Ok, so I have read through multiple threads on here, and I really REALLY want to try Ideal Protein, but I am scared because everything I read about excercising while in the begining of the diet. My job is VERY physically demanding, ie; flight upon flight upon flights of stairs, walking to cover multiple acerage, and shoveling (sometimes TONS,,Literally). So while I wont be going to the gym to work out, I have no choice about the physically demanding job requirements I have to keep up with.
Ive read about others adding an extra packet when they work out, but I also do not want to do anything to hinder loss. ANY ADVISE??? Thanks
ABrown46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown46 View Post
Ok, so I have read through multiple threads on here, and I really REALLY want to try Ideal Protein, but I am scared because everything I read about excercising while in the begining of the diet. My job is VERY physically demanding, ie; flight upon flight upon flights of stairs, walking to cover multiple acerage, and shoveling (sometimes TONS,,Literally). So while I wont be going to the gym to work out, I have no choice about the physically demanding job requirements I have to keep up with.
Ive read about others adding an extra packet when they work out, but I also do not want to do anything to hinder loss. ANY ADVISE??? Thanks
Don't worry about it. The main kind of exercise you want to avoid while doing a PSMF is anything new that your body is not used to or very intense that will tax the CNS. The only thing I would suggest is if you have to do a lot of snow shoveling is to increase your calories a bit if you have to do a lot.

Based on the fact that you're so short I'd suggest RFL which is a better designed program in terms of meeting specific needs. From the IP threads I have seen they seem to all be on the same diet regardless of if they're 6 feet tall or 5 feet tall. I might be wrong about this though but it doesn't seem to be customized to the specific dieter.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Regardless of the labor of your job you will still be fine on IP. Your coach might just add an additional food packet.
There are some that do alternatives to the IP food because it's cheaper.
But I prefer to do it to a "T". It's about 90 a week but worth every penny to keep me healthy forever. Going out to eat all the time quickly adds up. I'd rather spend money on lean meats and veggies and IP packets than eat out 3times a week!

I love, love, love this program. I feel so lean, energized and healthy and don't crave. And once you phase off properly, your metabolism and pancreas will be revived.

And you can workout on the program, just don't run a ton of miles the first 2 weeks. weight training and walk/jogging is perfect to keep you lean.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote