Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

Default Ugh! Vent!

I hate when my mom comes in the kitchen telling me how to diet.

"You need to cut out sugars!"

"You need to stop eating fried foods."

"You're defeating the purpose of working out by eating that!"

Woman, how about you stop buying it. I know what the **** I'm doing.

I'm losing weight, you're not.

I can take a legit crap at least once a day, you can't.

I work out, you don't.

And now she's trying to shove these 30 day diets and lemonade diets in my face. Please, go away.

Last edited by MelloFatto; 09-13-2011 at 08:26 PM.
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #2  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

People like that are so frustrating. People always have the "best" advice to offer. Keep going and dont get discouraged. And props on venting here and not to her face lol
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #3  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Maybe she is trying to encourage you by using reverse psychology. A lot people do that unintentionally. They probably don't mean anything by it. If you think that she isn't encouraging you then maybe just ignore it.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryler832 View Post
Maybe she is trying to encourage you by using reverse psychology. A lot people do that unintentionally. They probably don't mean anything by it. If you think that she isn't encouraging you then maybe just ignore it.
I highly doubt that.
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I totally get what you're saying. My mom (whom I love dearly) drives me up the wall. The fact is that she means well, but I can hardly stand it when she tells me, "why do you need to eat that now, you just had something!" For goodness sake, I'm in maintenance and she's STILL on my case. Sometimes, when I was heavier, she made comments about how I couldn't control myself in front of other people! She didn't even realize she was doing it until I pointed it out to her and then she was quite horrified. She thinks I"m overly sensitive.

My best advice to you is to tell her that from now on, she's not to comment on anything you're eating or anything weight related. That's between you and your food. But I can definitely relate!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Your mom is trying to be supportive but doesn't know how. Maybe show her some links or books or articles that show her what you are doing so then she can be more supportive in a useful way. But please don't go into those radical diets. That's just asking for trouble!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

How frustrating =/

"Mom, I love you with all my heart, and I appreciate that you're trying to be helpful. But, please listen when I tell you... you're not being helpful."
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #8  
Need to stay motivated!!

S/C/G: 202/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

My mom is the same! So far she has told me that it doesn't matter what I eat it's about getting some movement I agree to a point and once I told her I quote that I had read on this lovely forum "you can't out exercise bad eating habits" and she left me alone on that. She constantly rubs in my face that she can squeeze into size 10 jeans while I wear 15/14 do I point out that she is spilling out all over the place? Or that she isn't at exactly a healthy weight herself? No because that would be rude but her constant badgering makes me want to LOL I do love my mom with all my heart and I would do anything for her I just wish she would back off sometimes! So hang in there!
NiteOwlMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloFatto View Post
I can take a legit crap at least once a day, you can't.
I know you're frustrated (rightly so!) but this seriously made me LOL!

I hope you find some way to handle your mother's comments or handle them and continue to be successful in your weightloss.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I understand. My mom's this way, too. It's way easier being at college though. She can't comment on my habits unless I choose to tell her which I rarely do.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote