Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #1  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Another weird NSV

My feet have shrunk! After today's 4 miles walk, I have decided it's time to admit that I need to get smaller shoes. I have so many blisters and I know it's not the shoes being too worn or too new as they aren't old or new and they never caused blisters till this week. My DD mentioned it this weekend, but I just blew it off "your feet are shrinking" isn't something I take as serious. Well I guess I must if I plan to keep up with these walks.

Smaller feet, who knew
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I know so many people whose feet shrunk from weight loss! My mother and friend had that issue.

I didn't think I would have foot shrinkage, but I think my foot has gotten slightly smaller. I always needed to buy a 7½ or an 8, but most times an 8. now I find my 8s are slightly big (but not really enough to get rid of them) and after a recent shoe-shopping trip I needed only 7½...even in sneakers where I ALWAYS got an 8.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm feeling pretty bad about a few NSVs recently. My MIL only knows how to show 'love' through buying things for people. I hate that as I'm not like that, but she insists.

Well, last year for my anniversary she wanted to get me something. I asked her to get my wedding band resized as I hadn't been able to wear it for 15 years (or more). Well, guess what, now I can't wear it or it will fall off.

For my birthday/Christmas she got me a pair of really nice shoes - that I love. And guess what - the flop around on my feet. They are more too wide than too long, but the result is the same, unless I wear heavy socks, I can't wear them. I'm not sure I'll share with her I can't wear those unless dead of winter either... Oops! They were $75 shoes (on sale)... so not extremely expensive like some designer shoes, but they were expensive enough to feel bad about not being able to wear them!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 09-13-2011 at 02:14 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #4  

Yup, mine too. I almost killed myself this past spring going down the stairs in my sloppy slippers that used to fit. I still have to buy a new smaller pair before the cold weather strikes! I just shuffle around the house so they don't fall off
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

At my high weight I had to have 6 - 7 for normal wear and 7.5 for workout sneakers. Now my normal shoes run from 4-5.5 and my running shoes are 6, zumba shoes 5.5. My husband said my feet are anorexic, lol.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitGirlyGirl View Post
At my high weight I had to have 6 - 7 for normal wear and 7.5 for workout sneakers. Now my normal shoes run from 4-5.5 and my running shoes are 6, zumba shoes 5.5. My husband said my feet are anorexic, lol.
Where do you find shoes now? My mother is around the same size foot and she is forever having problems finding shoes.

She usually just asks what the smallest size they carry is and tries that on
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #7  
~Kim~

Me too, me too! I have really short feet but they are wide. I was wearing 9 or sometimes even 9 1/2 half because of the width. Now I'm buying 8's and even one 7 1/2. Yay for daintier feet! =)
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Me too. I used to wear a 7, in the past a 7 1/2 and now I'm buying 6 1/2 when I started getting blisters from shoes that used to be super comfortable.

Everyone thinks I'm a shoe hound now, because I have a ton of shoes. But I have to replace the bigger ones.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #9  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Oh me too! I wear a size 5.5 in heels and for tennis shoes I have to buy it in kids size 4. I just bought a new pair of tennis shoes yesterday and I had to get a size 3.5
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

When talking to the podiatrist a couple years ago he said not to get the fitted insoles unless absolutely necessary as your feet and how you walk changes quite dramatically every 50 lbs. you lose. The insoles from the pharmacy worked for me so I was lucky but I've noticed that the sneakers I bought a few months ago are fitting quite a bit differently now.
LeslieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #11  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I put on a pair of shoes this weekend and they were way too big. I made them work by pulling out the insoles from a different pair but I think they will have to go in the purge I'm hoping to have in a couple of weeks.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #12  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryler832 View Post
Oh me too! I wear a size 5.5 in heels and for tennis shoes I have to buy it in kids size 4. I just bought a new pair of tennis shoes yesterday and I had to get a size 3.5
Oh my goodness you have tiny feet! My 6 year old son wears a 3.5!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #13  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I'm feeling pretty bad about a few NSVs recently. My MIL only knows how to show 'love' through buying things for people. I hate that as I'm not like that, but she insists.

Well, last year for my anniversary she wanted to get me something. I asked her to get my wedding band resized as I hadn't been able to wear it for 15 years (or more). Well, guess what, now I can't wear it or it will fall off.

For my birthday/Christmas she got me a pair of really nice shoes - that I love. And guess what - the flop around on my feet. They are more too wide than too long, but the result is the same, unless I wear heavy socks, I can't wear them. I'm not sure I'll share with her I can't wear those unless dead of winter either... Oops! They were $75 shoes (on sale)... so not extremely expensive like some designer shoes, but they were expensive enough to feel bad about not being able to wear them!
Berryblondeboys, I can totally understand why you would be feeling bad about these things but your health, happiness and fitness is much more important and I'm positive your MIL would agree that your health is what important, not Christmas gifts! Plus, if she does love buying you stuff so much now she can help you get your ring resized again or get you some new duds!
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #14  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on the continuing loss,mamakat! I hope you find lots of gorgeous shoes in your new, smaller size.

Weird question to those whose feet have shrunk: do you find that your feet only shrink in width or do you also lose length? I'm a 9.5 but my feet have always been thin in width, even at my highest weight. Should I still expect me feet to shrink?
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

At my highest weight I always wore a size 10 or 11, but now sizes 9.5(in boots and running shoes) and 9(in flats and sandals) fit much better. Since 10's can sometimes be hard to find, I'm quite happy about that.

As for width, I never needed special width (wide or narrow) shoes, and still don't.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote