Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-11-2011, 02:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

Red face Down 15!

Okay, so 15 might not show up a lot, but I'm PREEEEETTY proud of myself.

Never before have I lost a substantial amount of weight. Never. I've always just gained. I've finally figured out how to make a lifestyle for myself that makes the weight come off and keeps me healthy.

Now I've lost 15 lbs. It took a long time, and I know I could probably lose it faster, but I feel like this is healthy, and I don't feel like I'm going to burn out.

I notice guys looking at me a lot more, not necessarily at my body, but they're just showing genuine interest, not just looking at me and being like "ew."

I'm really happy... my friend and I just got back from the waterpark earlier, she was wearing a bikini, and I know even though it'll be a while until I can pull one off, I'm on my way! My body is starting to look less blocky and more curvy.

Encouragement is wonderful for me, really! I'd love to hear how you felt when you lost your first 15 lbs, or how you plan on feeling/rewarding yourself! Thanks for reading
RicecakeEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:45 AM   #2  
going for gold

Woohooo!!!! so excited for you! congratulations! ive only just lost my first 5lbs but i cant wait to lose another 10!! thank you for posting your victory on here, gives me encouragement to keep at it
Andynoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 330 / 320 / 175

Height: 5'11

Wtg!! I reached that goal last week so I know how you feel!! It feels great!! Keep up the awesome work!!
Crazy Newfie Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 130/120/110

Congrats! 15 is a lot!!! I've lost only 10 and I'm all happy and merry go round. Keep up the great work!
20togo2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #5  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

that's AWESOME. congrats girlie! theres nothing like realizing for the first time that you CAN do it. keep it up and you'll get there!

I identify with you hugely. I had never lost weight before either and I've lost 16lbs in seven months, so I totally feel on you the slow weightloss (admittedly my effort has been inconsistent and half-assed at best.)

This is a lifestyle change, so slow and steady is a perfectly valid technique.

I hear you on the changing shape thing, I finally go in a little at the waist! I haven't done anything to reward myself...seeing the scale is awesome enough to keep me going.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #6  

Height: 5'11"

Well done! I hit that mark about a week or so ago, and I can identify completely with the awesomeness of it! Nothing better than realising you're on your way and that you can do it.
When I hit the 20lb mark, I rewarded myself with some new make-up that I've desperately needed for quite a while. It's always good to have a little bit of positive reinforcement to keep you going
Laurawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #7  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Good job, 15lbs is nothing to sneeze at, keep up the good work!

BTW, I love me some Zoidberg too.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204.8/197/150

Height: 5'7

Congratulations! I know how hard it is to lose, I've never lost more than 5 lbs and im trying so hard to break the 200lb barrier. As long as your happy and more confident in your skin, that's all that matters- not the number on the scale. Each lb is a success and a representation of your strong will and the faith you have in yourself.
Sophieeex3 is offline   Reply With Quote