Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #1  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default I lost 15 pounds overnight!!

Not literally, but I had a very "interesting" morning at the doctor's office.

I went in to ask some weight-loss related questions, as I have just this week made my 35 pound mark. I have some sag issues, BLAH!, and I wanted to see what my doc had to say and ask some nutrition questions.

I weighed myself at home right before I left, wearing clothing, but no shoes, since I was determined to see how off their scale really was. I've been telling myself for the past 2 years that their scale is outrageously wrong!

Got there and weighed in 0.3 pounds off from what my scale said at home. Hmmmm.....guess not! But the crazy part was when the nurse came in to congratulate me on my 50-pound weight loss.

I told her it was 35, and she said that in January I weighed in there at 187. Today was 137. I almost threw up a bit. I had forgotten then day, and honestly chalked it up to their "outrageous" scale. I was SURE I was still just in the low 170s, which was my highest.

WHOA!!!! So I've lost 35 since I've gotten on track in May, but really it's 50! Crazy! I'm happy b/c that is a big number, but sickened that I was in MAJOR DENIAL for so long.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #2  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Wow...that is awesome that you've lost 50lb and didn't even realize it!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Good for you! That's amazing progress!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #4  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Sadly, a similar thing happened to me at the doctor's office but it was because they were still using an old "bar" type scale where they have to add the weights, and the nurse recorded my weight incorrectly as 50 pounds less than I actually was. So sad to see my doctor so happy for me when I was just as fat as always (and actually gained 15 more pounds before starting to lose) and felt like I had failed her.

Congratulations on your extra lost weight! You're close to my goal weight - you must feel fantastic.
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/174.6/125

wow chickiechicks! You lost 50???!!!? ((((Sigh)))) I can't even get the scale to budge past 176. UGH. As one post I read a while back....I can't believe I am in the moment of my life where I would be thrilled if my scale said 170. Wow. This sucks.

I weigh more now then I did after giving birth to my daughter! She's 20 now, so no excuses that its baby weight. Besides... I gained 80 pounds with my one pregnancy and its been a struggle ever since. However, I lost 34 pounds about 16 years ago or so, and kept it off for a long time, now pfffttt....I weigh more and am SO not disciplined. I can't stop eating junk food on the weekends and sometimes during the week, mostly weekends though. But my biggest thing I believe, is that if I worked out more I would drop lots of weight....but alas I am not disciplined with that either.
I think you did an amazing job going from 173 to 138!!! I WOULD LOVE TO BE 138 AGAIN!!!!
Michinmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #6  
Back to Basics!

Michinmn- I WAS THERE!!! I WAS THERE!! (That's me, shouting from the rooftops!)

My "breaking point" was realizing that, I, too, weighed as much as I did going INTO the delivery room! And technically, my adjusted starting weight puts me OVER that! Big, fluffy, and not even a cute baby out of the deal. ;-)

We are the same height. What plan are you doing? Calorie counting, keeping a written food journal and trying as many different kinds of excercise as possible is what did it for me.

WE CAN DO IT!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #7  

chickiechicks, I usually count calories, and fat grams, but haven't done so good this weekend! I used to work out 60 minutes a day, now its none. I try to get 30 minutes a day but that's not even happening. I like to work out to videos at home vs. going to the gym but I am so lazy I don't work out these days. I can't get motivated. Or stay motivated actually. I do really good for about a week or two then I stop. I like to swim, boating, etc. but we haven't done that much this year. My husband doesn't like to do anything physical so it makes me not do anything that much more!
How many calories per day did you eat to lose weight? How many minutes a day do you work out?
Old 09-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #8  
Back to Basics!

Mich- I was pretty hardcorde. I did 1200 on non-workout days, 1400 for workouts. I started out doing 30 minutes of excercise, then up to 45-60 now. I've had an off week, too, and haven't worked out hardly at all. That's life! We can't be perfect or have the "perfect diet".

I will say, though, that what FINALLY got me to lose weight this time, and loseit all, was that my hubby was finally on board. He majorly pitched in to help with the kiddos, cook dinners (since I wasn't eating the same thing at first), and let me take naps on the really bad days. I was pretty darn spoiled, b/c his schedule was so lax this summer, but I took full advantage and stayed 100% on-plan for 100 days.

Now that I am closer to my big goal, I eat 1400-1600 cals and workout 3-4 times a week.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #9  

Hi Chickiechicks,

Thanks for the information! Wow, you were lucky that your husband got on board! My hubby is very supportive and loves me, he always tells me I am beautiful (but of course I roll my eyes) and doesn't care that I gained all this weight, but on the flip side, he is not into working out, doesnt like going for walks, he works very hard at work but at home, he'd rather be in the garage building his motorcycle or hanging with me, eating, and watching movies! Don't get me wrong, I love to do these things too but I think I would be more apt to sticking with working out if he worked out with me.

1,200 calories a day? that's really good!! I do that during the week most days because at my work I don't get any breaks and I work at a front desk at a dental clinic so eating at the desk is scarce. Which is good, but then I'm starving at 7pm (my late nights) and eat dinner late. Then I don't feel like working out. And on weekends, forget about it! I'm munching. (((sigh)))

I know its all about my mind set, but I gotta be honest, I am so lazy now that I am 43. I never thought I would be this lazy. LOL. I used to be so disciplined with my work outs but that went out the window years ago.
I do not know how to get that motivation back. I guess just forcing myself.

I see on your "window" your starting weight was 187 and you are now at 137! We are just about the same on everything....our height, starting weight, and goal weight (i chose 125...but....we'll see) lol. so this is encourging to me to see someone with same goals as mine! I just need to do it.

What types of excercises did you do?

Again, thank you for the info and for talking with me, it seems we have a quite a bit in common!!! Besides our height, weight, and weight goals, you did it the way I like to do it, counting calories and fat grams. and you never mentioned about cutting out certain foods such as bread, or carbs etc. I like that!!

I don't believe in cutting out breads or carbs because we need that stuff for energy. Moreover, I always eat/ate the healthy 100% wheat bread and spahgetti noodles, etc. so I never felt I had to cut these things out of my daily diet. Or fruits, I don't believe in cutting out fruits because the good out weigh the "bad" that the "experts" claim the fruit has.

No offense if you did this, but I'm guessing you didnt? lol!

Last edited by Michinmn; 09-14-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #10  

Talking

P.S. also, we joined almost the same time!! lol!