Old 09-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 310

Height: 5' 4"

Default My dog was born in a cats body!

LOL! Figured that would get your attention!

I swear, my cat, a Seal Point Siamese, is a dog in a cats body! He acts like a dog! he comes running when we come in the house, bounces around like he's trying to jump up on his, wags his tail (yes, he wags his tail!) when he is happy, whines to be let outside (won't use his litter box, prefers to go outside to relieve himself). loves having his belly rubbed (how many cats actually like that?) and chases our car when he sees us leaving (trying to stop him from doing that). He's the funniest cat I have ever seen! I love him and his personality! I wish I could post some pictures of him! I'll post them once I reach 25 posts!
Faith Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #2  
Grammy on a diet

S/C/G: 163/154.6/128

Height: 5'2

How cute is that. I have a wolfhound/husky mix and he is huge and calm natured. He is very sweet to kids and old people. We live alone and he is so polite he listens when I talk to him. haha. Pets are wonderful.
grammygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/130/135

Height: 5'7"

Faith, I can relate! I own two Burmese - a close relative of the Siamese - and they are entirely dog-like in their behaviors. They are an excellent option for folks who are self-described "cat-haters," as they adore companionship, seek out belly rubs, are vocal, love to play, and are intelligent. They are truly beautiful animals - google a pic of them if you've never seen a Burmese!
fatburner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

That is absolutely adorable!!! I love how silly cats can be and how different their personalities are!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

My Siamese is also hilarious - his name is Diego. He's like a cat and a half.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

My cat is also part dog, I swear! She runs up excited and meows like crazy when I get in the door. She picks up small balls in her mouth and carries them around like a dog. She also whines at the door to go out, just like yours! She has such a big personality. I love my cat.
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #7  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Ha ha, that's awesome! I have a cat that acts like a dog (although not as much as your cat) and a dog that acts like a cat. It's really amusing sometimes. For example, the cat will come when he's called, the dog just looks at me with an aloof expression.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Our little tortie was dog-like. She followed me everywhere, and she was so empathetic that she tried to console anyone who wasn't feeling well.

When the upstairs neighbor's baby would cry, or fall down (she was a toddler) our kitty would stare at the spot on the ceiling and cry. At first we didn't know what she was crying at, because she obviously could hear wimpering that we could not. We finally "connected the dots" when the crying was loud enough for us to hear. Sometimes we'd hear the thump, but not the crying (which confused us, because she would cry at some "bumps" and not others).

She'd get obviously upset that we weren't rushing to the baby's rescue (or so it seemed).

We had to teach her that it was ok to sleep in bed with us (her previous owners obviously had not allowed her on the bed), and she woke my husband up during a low-blood sugar episode. He didn't understand why she was being "so naughty" because she never woke us that way, and then he noticed his hands were shaking.

She died of sudden heart failure before we'd had her two years. When we got her, she was supposedly two years old, but she had looked like such a kitten we thought it was a mistake. Turned out the delayed growth was probably the heart condition. We had gotten her to put on enough weight to look like an adult cat by hand feeding her. Her favorite food was frozen strawberry fruit bars, and whenever she saw me with one, she would beg. It was so silly.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
Our little tortie was dog-like. She followed me everywhere, and she was so empathetic that she tried to console anyone who wasn't feeling well.

When the upstairs neighbor's baby would cry, or fall down (she was a toddler) our kitty would stare at the spot on the ceiling and cry. At first we didn't know what she was crying at, because she obviously could hear wimpering that we could not. We finally "connected the dots" when the crying was loud enough for us to hear. Sometimes we'd hear the thump, but not the crying (which confused us, because she would cry at some "bumps" and not others).

She'd get obviously upset that we weren't rushing to the baby's rescue (or so it seemed).

We had to teach her that it was ok to sleep in bed with us (her previous owners obviously had not allowed her on the bed), and she woke my husband up during a low-blood sugar episode. He didn't understand why she was being "so naughty" because she never woke us that way, and then he noticed his hands were shaking.

She died of sudden heart failure before we'd had her two years. When we got her, she was supposedly two years old, but she had looked like such a kitten we thought it was a mistake. Turned out the delayed growth was probably the heart condition. We had gotten her to put on enough weight to look like an adult cat by hand feeding her. Her favorite food was frozen strawberry fruit bars, and whenever she saw me with one, she would beg. It was so silly.
Your cat sounds like a right darling. Also, she certainly was a lifesaver in your husband's low sugar episode. They say some animals can tell either by imperceptible behavior, smell or other factors that something is wrong. Good girl. There are some animals that are used as service animals in cases of seizures-I once heard of a lady that had two rats that would alert her by doing certain things when she was about to go into a seizure. I've heard of ferrets doing the same. Animals are truly amazing, and your kitty sounded like a special girl.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

It is amazing what animals can perceive. Whatever part of my body hurt, my tortie (her official name was Miss Speckles, but we called her KeeKee) would somehow know, and would lie on that part. If my hip hurt, she'd lie on my hip. If me knees hurt, she'd lie on my knees. I don't know how she knew, but she always did.

She only weighed 6 - 8 lbs, so she was quite an effective heating pad.

The cat we adopted after Kee Kee's passing, is very overweight, and we've not had much success in slimming her down (the less we feed her, the less she moves). She's not nearly as intuitive or as empathetic as Kee Kee was, which is actually a blessing. ChubChub weighs nearly 20 lbs, so she doesn't make a very good heating pad.

Chub Chub is a lot less dog-like, except when it comes to food and attention. She loves to be the center of attention (especially men's attention) and will resort to dog-like tricks (especially if a food treat could be involved).

I taught her to "sit" and "sit pretty" (sit up wiht paws in front of her) and I'm teaching her to give a "high 5" (I was trying to teach her "shake" but instead of putting her paw out, she will tap my hand with her paw, so I decided a high 5 was cuter anyway). She confuses high 5 with sit pretty.

At first, since I was the only person training her, Chub Chub wouldn't do her tricks in front of anyone but me (very cat like - tell people your cat does a trick and the cat will prove you wrong 9 times out of 10), and she would only ever do it when I had food in your hand. No food, no trick. But now, she'll even do it when she's being ignored, and will even do it in front of guests (especially men), if everyone seems to be ignoring her.

One of our friends is kind of rough with her - he'll try to tease her and make her mad and he'll pin her on her back, and she just loves it. She complains loudly in her complaining voice, but she never leaves his side for even a moment. If one of us takes her away from the "abuse" she'll struggle to get back to his side.

Crazy kitty.

Last edited by kaplods; 10-06-2011 at 11:54 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote