Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 09:32 AM   #1  

Default Friday, June 27

Good morning!

Hey, last night I was in the chat room about 10:30PM and I could have shot a cannon and listened to the echo for miles! DH had a crisis at work and had to stay over night. Did the man have his emergency bag in the car....NO! Grrrrr! So, I emailed him a list and he headed to Wal-Mart.

Today, I have to get the house cleaned a bit and plan the weekend. Tomorrow I have to mow the lawn if it doesn't rain. Am hoping to pour some baking soda water on the dog since he must have found something dead AGAIN! Eoooww. Am hoping my DH has been burying those raccoons we're trapping and disposing of. Since the house across the road burned last year and still is standing , the 'coons have taken it over.

Oh, this morning when I fed the outside cats, there was the cutest soft gray kitten with them. I wonder who the mommy is. And, I hope the raccoons don't get it.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Hey Hey Tippy! I was probably sleeping by the time you got in the chatroom last night, but girl, I would have given up sleep to meet you there and chat with ya. Maybe we can set a time to meet sometime when you have time. Sure do miss chatting with ya! We must have been posting at the same time, so i will move my post over to this one.....

Good Morning Chickadees!

I finally drug myself out of bed this morning at 5:30 and did a 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone before getting ready for work! yea me! ;-)

Today is my oldest son's 19th birthday! Seems like he was just born yesterday! I remember it well (and I don't remember much these days lol) I've got to pick up a big cookie from the Great American Cookie Company at noon, and run by the grocery store and pick up a bunch of stuff to make nachos tonight. He has having a lot of friends over to hang out and eat. We always like having teenagers hanging out at our house! That way we know where everybody is and what they are doing ;-) But honestly we just like having them around - never a dull moment.

Tomorrow morning I've got to get up very early and be at my sister's house at 6:00 to help her with her garage sale. yikes it sure is hot to be doing this, but hopefully she will make some money for some things in her new house.

Soooo what is everybody else up to today?

I need to grab my coffee and get started on payroll!

hugs to all,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 06-27-2003 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:17 AM   #3  

Angry Morning!

So you guys are checking out chat regular or what? It is completely deserted when I check it out....but I rarely bother any more.

Well off to school for report cards and final farewells. DD11 is a bit stressed about Jr High Grade 7 next year. Me too! She will miss elementry school and is having a bit of an issue with wanting to grow up and wanting to stay young.....I know the feeling!

Well it is a beautiful sunny day....not sure what we are going to do today.....I could clean or we could go to the outdoor pool or we could shop.......so manyoptions!

Hope all is well......I will pop in later!

Eliz
Old 06-27-2003, 10:53 AM   #4  

Good Friday Morning all!

Can you tell that I am happy. I am out of here for the week. I do have to come in for about an hour on Tuesday to do billing and payroll (job security I am the only one who knows how to do it) but I will be relaxing away from this place.

Cathy I had a yard sale wiht my MIL last Saturady and I really didn't have much of anything but clothes and we made $180. Cool b/c most of it was $1 or $2 stuff. I was amazed at how well we did. I hope you have a great sale too. You know it will be hot so bring that water.

Liz I loved junior high. I liked it better than high school. I bet your DD will do great. Does she have a boyfriend yet? I bet she will be interested in them once she sees how cute they are getting now that everyone is growing up. Hey, I am exited for her!

Tip my moms old house used to be the house that all of the strays ended up at. I think we had about 10 of those little guys running around. Sometimes they would stay and others would getr nice and fat and move on. I am sure they found great homes and where passing the love along.

Hi all to come!
Old 06-27-2003, 12:34 PM   #5  

Exclamation BOYFRIEND

Don't Swear!

Eliz
Old 06-27-2003, 12:53 PM   #6  

Sorry Liz!!!
Old 06-27-2003, 02:45 PM   #7  
Jen

Hi all. Not much new here, got in another workout today, that's twice in one week, a new record! I used to work out all the time but I've really let it slide, h'mmm wonder why? Well I think I'm feeling better but I had a blowout with the hubby Wednesday night and was feeling terrible all day yesterday. Of course my 21 month old woke up in the middle of the night too which didn't help. He wouldn't go back to sleep for about 3 hours so I was pretty exhausted too. Ended up having a 4 hour nap after I took him to daycare. He didn't seem at all tired. Can't figure that one out. The hubby and I are better now so things are okay I guess. I hope one of the side effects of taking this med is not letting things like fights with my hubby ruin my day.

Take care all, have a nice weekend.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:03 PM   #8  

Hi ladies,

I haven't been here this week. We got back from our trip late Sunday....I went to bed about midnight....then I started to get real sad....We were away for 12 days....& I was fine....I weighed myself...should not have done that. I was so upset that I had gained 16 pounds since last October. Then I was in tears.

On Monday felt a bit sad....Tuesday felt okay....then Wednesday was down...had a Dr. appointment that morning...talked to my Dr. about gaining.....he started to give me **** about eating....I left there in tears.

He has the worst bedside manners in the world....so I am trying to get a new doctor...tried earlier this year. So I went & gave my care card to this husband & wife team of doctors...they took the information...told me to call next week...for an interview....then the doctor will tell me if they will take me. So I will pray that they do.

I am feeling good today....my doctor said people are feeling sorry for me....I was furious....nobody feels sorry for me. There is so much depression in my family....It sounds like he thinks it is my fault that I have depression.

I guess I am rambling here...better go.....I am in my 4th day with following my eating plan....am doing good.

April
Old 06-27-2003, 06:10 PM   #9  

Thumbs down Hang in there April!

Hugs to you!

Thanks for posting and keeping in touch...it is harder to stay connected when the going gets rough and I commend you!

Eliz
Old 06-27-2003, 10:08 PM   #10  
Jen

April, good for you for looking for a new doc. A lot of people complain about their docs but don't do anything about it. Docs are people too but that is no excuse for what he said to you. I hope these new docs work out better for you.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:04 PM   #11  

Thanks Liz & Jen....thank goodness for my DH.....he understands that depression is a chemical imbalance.....even the counsellor that I went to last winter....said it was probably genetic.....so much depression in my family.

I am feeling good most of the time these last few months.....maybe this bout of sadness had something to do from visiting my 2 grown sons....the visit was really good...then getting home & back to normal....it's hard to explain.

April
Closed Thread