Old 09-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default How often to you weigh yourself?

Ok chicks I started back on Monday and wanted to see if I was making any progress even though my past losses I don't seem to see the loss until day 6. So here it was the begining of day four and I had to check and am down 2.0 which is awesome but it does not count until Monday morning.

Do any of you check during the week? If you do how does it effect the rest of your week?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/136/healthy&happy

Height: 5'8"

I weigh daily - sometimes twice a day - and I know that's not really recommended! It works for me, though, since it's more out of curiosity and a desire to hold myself accountable than anything else. One of the reasons why I got to my high weight was because I didn't weigh myself more than a couple times a year. Now I tend to weigh myself at night and in the morning, but if my scale says I gained a pound overnight I don't obsess about it. The home weigh-in that matters most to me is the one I do a couple of days before my official Tuesday weigh-in, since at that point I feel like I can really see a trend of losing or gaining but still have time to do something about it before my official weigh-in.
Hikermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Default Once a Weeker!

I only weigh myself once a week, I find that I feel better about it because you can fluctuate so much with each meal I never can really get a good idea where I stand. Plus when I wait a whole week and I know I have been a good girl I get a nice surprise!

I tend to do it on Monday's, I always dread Monday mornings since its the start of a new work week and weighing in gives me something to look forward to!
k5linderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #4  
Go Hard!

S/C/G: 227.4/132/127.4

Height: 5'0"

Once a week every Friday morning. More than that and I will start obsessing and piss myself offfor no real reason.
SC Vitamin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

I weigh every morning, and have a chart for curiosity's sake.

However, I only officially count my Monday morning weigh-ins for adjusting my tracker and tickers.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Thanks for the feedback! Everyone seems to do something a bit different I guess it is all coming down to a personel choice. I weighed again this morning and noticed the scale wanted to go up a bit so I think for me I may just keep it to once a week that way I don't get all freaked out?

I have not tried taking my measurement that is just beyond scary to me, do you rely on your clothes to tell you inches lost?
Old 09-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/206/150

Height: 5'6

I normally only weigh myself once a week but sometimes I'll get on the scale in the morning as a modivation. I do my weekly weigh in on Saturday mornings
KTPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/183/125

Height: 5'4"

I weigh myself far too often and on too many different scales. I weigh myself when I wake up in the morning and when I go to bed at night on my scale at home. I weigh myself up to 3 times a day at work when I use the washroom. I weigh myself on Monday and Wednesday nights when I go to class and I weigh-in at my WW meeting every Friday morning.

It's compulsive and I should stop because I think it's actually causing my weight loss to stagnate. The WW weight is the official measure because it gets recorded, but if I'm not down on the other scales throughout the week I start cutting calories, flushing, and exercising like crazy so that I have a loss on the WW scale. Sometime I think it backfires because I'm cutting too many calories and don't have enough energy to benefit from my workouts.

How do you know you're not getting out of hand if you only weigh in once a week?
Aileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 283/256/140

Height: 5'4

I weigh myself daily, but like others who have written above I pick one day in the week (thursday for me) to make it my official weight for that week.

I find that if i veer off track of my diet I will be able to see it when I weigh myself. It gives me the extra kick in the butt to get back in gear or have an extra good workout.

This doesnt work for everyone. You have to be able to understand that fluctuations in weight is normal. So, whatever works best for you.
dancerchickchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Vitamin C View Post
Once a week every Friday morning. More than that and I will start obsessing and piss myself offfor no real reason.
Me too! Even though I REALLY want to do it, it's just going to depress me if I'm up one morning because of an extra salty meal (or whatever reason my body decides to go up). I figure I have a better idea of my "real" weight if I just do it once a week.

Plus, if I've lost 3 lb overnight, that's a good indicator it's not a "real" weight loss of fat, but fluid shift. Nothing for me to get too excited about.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #11  
Work in Progress

well the true test is tomorrow morning my first offical weigh in...and Saturday night was not a good night for me had some cheese and wine yikes! but first time in a week that I went over my points usually I am under
Old 09-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 259.4/201.0/19?

Height: 5'6

i weigh myself twice a day..once in the morning and once at night before bed. it's a terrible habit but i can't stop, lol. it's my weird way of keeping myself motivated...strange, but true.
nursemandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:26 AM   #13  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Once a week: Monday mornings when I wake up.

If I try and do it midweek it screws with my head :-P
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #14  

I weigh almost everyday....It helps to keep me on track! My WI day is Monday but I weigh on Friday to help keep myself on track over the weekends.
toothlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #15  

I weight myself at least 7 times a day and it is driving me crazy and I have decided to put my scale away and only weight in on Tuesdays at 1 pm( my regular WW weight in and as the other poster stated your weight can go up and down all day STOP it
Neicy0909 is offline   Reply With Quote