Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Smile Autumnal Equinox Challenge

I love Autumn. I love the Fall.
I know some of you can relate!

This year's Autumnal Equinox is on September 23rd.

I'm making a mini-challenge with a little goal of staying on plan from September 6th through the 22rd in order to be happy and prepared for the fun of Fall!

That's a mere 17 days left of summer, and I plan to use it wisely.

I aim to: Exercise every day for 17 days. Stay within my WW points. Continue implementing healthy habits and taking steps towards my goals.

Anyone is welcome to join in! I plan on checking in here daily.

---

For anyone who was interested in the 90 Day Challenge. I've started it Here!

Side note: I'm preparing to do a 90 Day Challenge throughout the whole of Autumnal Equinox until the Winter Solstice in case anyone is interested in that afterwards.

Last edited by Lovely; 09-23-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Day 1 has come to a close.

Food: Check!
Exercise: Check!
Beck Steps: Check!
Sleep... er... still royally off.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:31 AM   #3  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

Count me in! Fall is my absolute fovorite and I need to get back on track. My eating has been way off and I haven't been able to exersice for about a week now.

My goal is to eat on plan (counting carbs) and exercise daily, even if its only for a few minutes that I can squeeze in.

Will the winter challenge be similar to this one?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:28 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Shalyn! Welcome! Please do join in with me ^^ Check in when you can!

The Winter Solstice Challenge will be similar, yes. Just longer. I believe there are about 90 days between the 23rd of September and December 21st (the day before the Winter Solstice this year). No rigid rules for it other than the length of time. At least for now.

--

Day 2:

Food: Yep!
Exercise: Yes'm!
Beck Steps: Woot!
Sleep... is... still meh. >_>
Old 09-08-2011, 03:52 AM   #5  
Optimistic.

I'm going to the library tomorrow to get the Beck Diet Solution book. You've had success with it?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:10 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

So far, yes! Keep in mind I'm only on Week 2 of a 6 week program, though.

Since I've already been losing weight for some time, a few of the steps are things I've been aware of for a while, but there have been some eye-opening moments and interesting points made that I'm glad I've read.

There's actually a section under Diet Central where others are following Beck. If you wanted to look into it more there's a bit of information there!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Day 3 was alright. Not my greatest day ever, but a far cry from the days of yore.

Food: Stayed within Points, even if my choices weren't the greatest.
Exercise: Got in a few minutes over my absolute minimum.
Beck Steps: Yep!
Sleep: Mostly back to a good pattern.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:59 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Day 4:

Food: All set!
Exercise: Very nicely done.
Beck Steps: Mhm!
Sleep: Meh.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:34 AM   #9  
Optimistic.

I had an awful, off plan week. There have been a few good moments but I seem to have abandoned any eating plan...or common sense for that matter. The breakfast buffet, salad/pasta bar and lemon pie are strong forces that I, unfortunately, did not ignore. Nevermind tho, what's done is done and I will begin anew today and attempt to get back on plan. I have yet to get the Beck book but still plan to. Glad to hear you're doing well!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #10  
Optimistic.

What type of excersice do you do?
Old 09-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #11  
SanityNow

Hi Can I join? I've been not living up to my wonderful potential.

My plan is to eat small, clean meals with one cheat meal a week. I will exercise every day. This will include 3x a week push ups/push up attempts, and ab things. And I'm going to continue to stick to plan no matter what the scale says.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #12  
Optimistic.

Welcome, Sanity! I think allowing at least one cheat meal (not a full day) a week is a good idea. Not only does it give you something to look forward to, it jogs your metabolism. Good attitude about sticking to the plan no matter what. If you're just starting to exercise, you may see a gain from building muscle. I wish you luck!

As for me, I am trying to regain focus and have had an okay day today. I did start with cinnamon rolls and vanilla pudding (naughty!) but it was followed by at least an hour of exercise/stretching/yoga outside with my daughter. I had a high protein, fairly low carb lunch and plan to do the same for supper. I'm trying to start IF (intermittent fasting) again today and plan to close my eating window at about 7 even though I started eating at about 9 this morning.

Lovely- I didn't get the book yet but I started researching the Beck Diet Solution and so far I like what I see! I'm definitely going to give it a go.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:46 AM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

Shalyn - Some weeks are just all out of whack. The best we can do is push the bad stuff behind us, and look forward. Happy to see you're looking into the book. It's not a miracle or anything (what is, really?), but it's a good book so far with some good points made.

In as far as exercise goes, I take a daily walk on my treadmill, and I try to incorporate some chair squats, wall push ups, and planks during the week.

SanityNow - Join on in! You have a great plan. Stick to it

---

Day 5:

Food: Well done! Though, I probably could've used more.
Exercise: This is the first day in a LONG time that I missed my exercise. I absolutely passed out, and slept through it. I'll consider it a well-needed rest day, and just get back to it tomorrow.
Beck Steps: Still working with Day 14 and practicing previous steps, so that's going well.
Sleep: ... Meh!

I'm still here, and making efforts to stick to my plans and keep improving my methods. For that I'm proud!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:04 AM   #14  
Made of Starstuff

Day 6:

Food: In truth, could've been better. BUT, it could've been a lot worse.
Exercise: Giving myself a huge pat on the back here. I felt a case of the "Idunwannas", but I got up on the treadmill and took my walk all the same. Which means I dusted myself off from missing the day before AND fought off the desire to skip another day. Super kudos to me!
Beck Steps: Still sticking with it.
Sleep: Still meh. Ahh, sleep schedules. The bane of my existence.

Onto day 7 ^_^ It's getting cooler here, which makes it feel like the fall. <3
Old 09-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #15  
Kristina Marie

S/C/G: 259.4/259.4/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies! Mind if I join in? I'm definitely interested in the Autumn to Winter Equinox challenge as well!

Yesterday was my first day on phase 1 for the SBD. So far so good. No cheating or falling off board as of yet. Hopefully, I can maintain that for about 12 more days! I'm hoping to drink enough water and get some exercise today! Good luck ladies!
Closed Thread