Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 310

Height: 5' 4"

Default I must say I really hate that scale!

I went to visit with my father this morning. Stepped on his scale (one of those fancy digital scales) and looked down. My heart hit the floor. Those five pounds I worked so hard to lose...they are back and they brought friends. Right now I am not too worried, because I am just getting off the Medrol Dose pack and anyone that's taken steroids before knows, they tend to make you gain some weight. For me they do. So now I am going to fight even harder to get rid of that weight. My current weight is now 312 pounds. I have until December 5th to meet my first goal of 30 pounds lost. Now I guess it's 32 pounds. I CAN DO THIS.

My husband has banned me from the back yard until he says it's safe to go back there for me. I really don't want to get sick again! There is poison ivy back there and I picked it up 2 weeks ago (hence the reason for the steroids). I'm the type of person that can stand down wind from the crap and get a rash from heck! This time it was in my eyes and on my face. So if I avoid the source, I should be ok and not need any more steroids!
Faith Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #2  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Take a deep breath Faith hahaha! I can almost envision a scale being flung out the window into the back yard so they can live in misery together roflmao!

You can do this!!! You lost 5lb before, you can lose them again...and then another 5 after that!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #3  
Exercise-addicted

S/C/G: 248

Height: 5'8

You can do it!
serenityh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #4  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

But hey, pick one scale and weigh yourself ONLY on that scale. There will be variation between different scales and the important thing is consistency (following the numbers on one scale) rather than the numbers themselves.
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #5  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Yes, just take one scale and only weigh there and only at the same spot in your house (try not to move it much either!). Scales can vary like crazy and if the floor isn't 100% flat that can also affect. ALSO, if you weren't weighing first thing in the morning, naked than you can appear a lot bigger just because of undigested food/liquids.

Don't stress about it too much and just stick to your plan. Good luck!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #6  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

Yeah I agree with only weighing yourself on one scale. Or even staying off the scale right now and concentrating on other things, getting healthy, etc. The weight will come off.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #7  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I'm sure you can do it, too. The scale can cause me pain and frustration, ha, so I get you. Just a matter of plugging onward and downward!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #8  
Forever Optimistic

S/C/G: 232/174/140

Height: 5'4"

I agree with EVERYONE on the ONE-SCALE-RULE. I only officially go by my scale. I have a doctor's scale and that's the ONLY one that I really care about. So I really avoid other folks' scales like the plague.

The only ones I can't avoid are the ones at my doctor's office. Hate them, hate them, hate them. I visit my nutritionist every two weeks. It's also where I see my primary care physician. Their scales weigh heavier than any scales I've ever seen. So although I am losing weight by their scales, they say I weigh more than my home scale.

I'm glad they're happy with my weight loss, but my scale makes me much more happy. LOL!

Last edited by Napia; 09-10-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Napia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

steroids also pack on waterweight
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I'm "weighing" in with all those who promote one scale. I also appreciate reading about the "flat floor" which could be causing me troubles. I have rough, uneven pine wood floors. I've been scared to weigh in because I've been either extremely slow to lose or stalled for months. They have probably helped make my scale a frustration.

All summer, I lived "on plan" and exercised enough to out energize that bloomin' pink bunny. For now, I'm focusing on some new cute clothes that I bought over my August vacation. They're just barely fitting (a tiny bit tight but still perfectly fine to wear). I want these to become loose then I'll weigh in. I bought a super cute blue leather jacket. This can't shrink or anything so I know I'm on the right track if it becomes loose.

Best wishes
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote