Goal Photo Album If you've reached goal, please share your before and after photos to help inspire others, and show off your new body!

Old 09-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #1  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Default Hydra :) Hey Onederland - I OWN YOU!!!

Smile Hydra - Onederland I GOT YA!!! GOAL WITH PICS
I. Am. At. Goal......I am on top of the world....

first a few numbers to share as I am a math geek.

August of 2009 .........................................September of 2011
Weight: 252 .................................................. .........Now.....178
Cholesterol: 228 .................................................. ..Now... 156
fasting blood sugar: 98......................................... Now......80
triglycerides: 586............................................... ..Now:.....188
womens shirts/blouses : 24 womens or 3x ......Now:...18 womens or xl
pants size, dress size (usa size): 24 womens....Now:...16 womens, xl
bra size, panty size (usa size) 46DDD, size 10 panty.... Now:40DD bra, size 6/medium panty now, weeeee

*please note that I used to wear a size 10 in womens shoes, wide....I now wear a 9 or 9 1/2 regular*

I feel as if I can achieve any goal I set my mind to and I have lots of them in mind. I started a small dot.com with my jewelry making and card readings and it is taking off a bit....GO DD!!! What a great feeling, thanks to all of you for all your help and support along the way!!!!: flame:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unionsquare-2.jpg (52.2 KB, 828 views)
File Type: jpg medown20sept1509.jpg (4.9 KB, 582 views)
File Type: jpg DDatHome52411.jpg (20.3 KB, 522 views)
File Type: jpg menewerboot09052001178.jpg (52.6 KB, 1419 views)

Last edited by Hydra; 09-05-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Fantastic job!!!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 277/248.8/145

Height: 5"1"

Congratulations!!!! Keep up the good work!
musicalme223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #4  
My goal = health

Amazing! You look like a different person!
RRB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/209/199

You look awesome! Way to go!
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Smile Yeah You!!!!!

You look AMAZING...and pardon me for saying...ten years younger!!!! So admite you.....hope to be in onederland one day
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

What a determination!!!! Good for you. What a transformation healthy, confident and beautiful girl who was hiding under those 70lbs has come out in the open.
It will be interesting to read about your journey. And what do you mean by you read cards?
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/307/250

Height: 5'10

Awesome!!! Great Job Hydra
Divaintheworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #9  
Onederland - Gotcha

Thanks, thanks, thanks and thanks!!!! Yes, I do look ten years younger, I don't mind anyone saying that. I read Tarot cards, also Green Man cards, Goddess Meditations Cards, special quote cards I made myself, just about any type of cards really .....wow, Goal, made it and you can too!!!

It did not happen overnight. It really does take one day at a time, one change at a time. Stay on plan, make changes over time for good. I call what I do 'healthy eating with a little cheating'
Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Wow, wow, wow!!!!! You have turned back the clock!
Surely, you are feeling fabulous - you sure look it.

This is so inspiring. Will you share what "healthy eating with a little cheating" involves? It sounds tempting - no pun What is so cool is your awareness of how these changes have impacted your overall feeling of wellbeing.

Go you!
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:30 AM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Congratulations! How wonderful Thank you for sharing!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

amazing! You worked hard for it you look so much younger too
shakaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Wow! A HUGE CONGRATS!! You look amazing.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #14  

Height: 5'5.5

Wow you've done an awesome job....
icandothis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #15  
Onederland - Gotcha

Thanks everyone yes, it feels good inside and out. Knowing you worked for it....you busted your ***, literally. Those nights when you were hungry and passed up something and ate healthy, made a better or best choice. Those times at work or when you were out or at a family thing when you had to endure the bs of why you were not eating someone's dessert that had way too many calories or a ton of fat you did not want or need at that time......it is all worth in the end, trust me on that one.

I started off getting up in my psychiatrist's face with my bloodwork results and literally yelling at him that I was going to die by the time I hit 50, I demanded we work on med changes together with my family doc and did not budge on that one....I told him I would fire his *** if we could not get on the same page and I liked him as a psych doc.....anyway, we tinkered with meds and I began to chart every darn bite I put in my mouth which really sucked at first. I measured everything and I came here for support on a daily basis. I did not post a whole lot at first but I would read recipes, re-educate myself on nutrition, portion control, water intake, yada yada, more veggies, more fruit, less fat, less carbs, more of a balance, more exercise.....little changes here and there, day by day.

I am lucky to have a friend who is a dietician who took the time and sat down with me for several hours over the course of several days and we made huge lists of foods I like.....I like almost all foods, ****, I like to eat, who doesn't. She encouraged me to stick more to foods that were healthy that I liked.....duh, I added more fruit, like I buy more fruit and veggies now and actually cook now......eating breakfast was a big thing for me to learn to do, which took about six months to become habit, I still have to almost force myself to eat a bit of oatmeal with fruit or sometimes a sandwich or leftover spaghetti for breakfast.

Along the way I discovered I have issues eating gluten, I don't have Celiac disease and was tested twice for that but it does tend to make me feel sick so I avoid it most days......I rarely eat fast food which was really hard to do, really hard to skip that convenience.....I do Subway about once a week and that is it. I drink 2 liters of water a day, plus herbal teas, cut out the diet soda, drink a bit of coffee, almost no milk, some almond milk for beverages.....not much alcohol either.

I kind of snack or graze during the say, 4 to 6 smaller meals during the day. I take old people vitamins, omega-3, calcium and cat's claw supplements plus my psych meds (I have bipolar or unipolar mania, depends on who you ask, doctor-wise, lol)....I hate exercise but walk some and dance around my place to music for about an hour a day, just lightly, nothing too strenuous. I do eat reduced fat things, i can't stand non-fat things. I read labels and avoid trans fat, sugar, and went to some free diabetic diet classes at local hospitals, even though im not diabetic.

Don't beat yourself up and please don't let yourself get discouraged, stay focused on the big picture.....if you have a bad plan day, just get back on it, it is ok. This took me over two whole years....over two years! And celebrate the mini-goals, i did things like bought myself craft supplies, so I would look forward to getting 'stuff' LOL Get a new skirt or some cool shoes or a CD or something special just for you for each 5 pounds or 5 inches or whatever. I think it is important to keep those mini-goals celebrations going!!!! You can do this too.....you will.