Old 09-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #262 Bale of Turtles Saying Good Bye to Summer

We are the Turtles Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Last edited by Itryharder; 09-02-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi All,
We had gotten long. Here's a new thread and plenty of room to write all your good tips and ideas on losing and keeping weight off.
We rock!
Judy
234.6/194.8/180's and thinner
Old 09-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #3  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Thanks Judy for starting this post again!

I can't believe we are in September, wow where does the time go?

I was doing better with my motivation and counting points but got sidetracked with my not feeling well and spending 4 hours in the ER today. I hope to be feeling better soon. Of course when I feel depressed or ill, I comfort myself with food, not good I know. I'm working on changing that. I'm going to hopefully get back on track with counting my points tomorrow. Even though the doc says I can get back to full activity, I don't feel up to it, will take it one thing at a time.

Hoping you are all well.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #4  

Seabiscuit- Sorry to hear you ended up in the Emergency Room. I know how hard it is not to comfort yourself with food. I find myself in the same boat.

Judy, Terri, life4evr, Bandit, and Princess- Hope you all are having a great weekend. We actually had some fall like weather this morning.

I am struggling with my depression lately and it is wreaking(sp?) havoc on my weightloss program. Sometimes I just want to shake myself and say what is wrong with you, Why can't you pull it together? Sorry for the little bit of a downer post. Monday is a new day and a new week. We can do this!
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #5  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi CherryAutumn-

It's good to let yourself vent, don't beat yourself up!

Thanks for the kind words. I am feeling ok, still not 100%.

You're right, Monday is the start of a new week. Let's make it a great one

I'm sorry you are depressed. I have bipolar and I get depressed sometimes too. What can you do to take care of yourself without food?

Take care,

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Busy weekend, but not as busy as I expected. One dd and dsil came on Saturday and we BBQ'd. At last I am beginning to see the wisdom in the idea that "it's the people, not the food." They arrived starving and my dh BBQ'd burgers and dogs. I had made two salads and baked beans and oven roasted potatoes. They all had a normal amount of food and this was right before five o'clock. they left at midnight and although I offered more food
they didn't need any. I simply made coffee and tea and we sipped beverages and chatted and had a lovely time. I even offered to make brownies at one point because I felt like I should be getting them something----old habits are hard to break. My dd laughed and said, "Mom, do you think we're Dylan (my grandson)". So we laughed, stayed on our more restricted eating plan and had a lovely day. I'm not saying it was easy, but it was doable. I think I'm getting the idea that to be thinner I'll have to be hungry now and then and I need to have myself on an eating plan of food just about every two hours----not much of anything, but something to look forward to.
Sunday was a lovely day too. My other daughter and her son swung by and my dh went out for Wendy's for them, while I ate something I had in the house. I feel wonderful because it looks like I may have lost 1# this week. I'll know on Wed.

Seabiscuit, I'm sorry you ended up in the ER. I'm glad they could give you help. Depression is a kicker----How about a light box or you get out into the sun 30minutes a day. Would that help? Other people have had luck with putting activity slips into a bowl and as the pull of depression starts coming to the edge, they know they need to do something even if they don't feel like it. Take a walk. I like to read books and crochet. I like to play card games on the computer. I like to write. Not easy to do any of these things if you're exhausted, and sometimes a nap helps. I'm sending you : because what I know is that eating when you're not hungry but because you need an emotional lift usually backfires.

Cherry, you have done great. Right now stand up tall and pat yourself on the back. You've lost so much weight and have inspired me to try another program while still attending WW mtgs. Please know I respect you so much for looking until you found something that works! We do what we think, so maybe now you could "think" I can do this. I am doing this. I will continue to do this because nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. Good luck!

Bandit, Princess, Terri and Life4evr, hope you're all having a good weekend. Looks like the rain they predicted for all weekend will finally arrive today. I don't know if our kids will come today or not. It'll be fine just to spend the day with my dh because he starts his semester again this week.
You all take care. Be well and happy.
I'm feeling so much better that I grabbed the bull by the horns and wrestled it to the ground because I was close to hitting the 200# mark again and now I'm much closer to 190# than 200# Yay! :
Judy
234.6/194.8/180's and thinner for now
Old 09-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Eating this weekend was not what I had hoped but I have my meals packed and with me for the day so I will chug along and get thru the day.

I have not been feeling well myself lately and feel like I am turning to food way too much, will have to work on that.

I am running behind today so I need to get moving but will try and post to each of you later or tomorrow.

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Thanks for posting. Here's a to let you know how much we love you.

Yesterday worked out fine for me. Both of our daughters, one husband, and one grandson showed up around three o'clock. They were only with us for a tiny bit, had an early BBQ (late lunch) and left around six o'clock. It was still a nice time. I had watermelon and a WW style cole slaw while they had lunch since I had eaten my lunch earlier. Worked out fine.

All goes well here. A town truck just came and removed all the hurricane debris of brances and limbs from the street and things look so much better.
My son was telling me about a small town upstate that became an "island" since all the bridges leading into the town were washed away. It was so weird because the town wasn't in a flood zone.

Okay, gotta start my day. You all have a good one!
Judy
234.6/194.8/180's and thinner
Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All! Welcome Fall Cooler weather up here!

Great weekend very busy, did many things, was in control (mostly!) , over ate as usual, but pretty good choices. Lots of walking so hopefully it balanced out.
Walking buddy is on an early shift this week due to anothers vacation so next week back to the walking, and the Y programs start so will be back at aquafit.

Judy we have seen the flooding on the news it is unbelievable!

Princess take some time for yourself you will get back on track!

All have a great week! lets keep on track together!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone... just a quick fly by to say hello and it is official, I am coming down with something, last night I started with a sore throat and stuffy head and this morning it is worse so I have picked up something along the way and am not feeling well... will post when I can but have a good week and I will catch up with you all when I am feeling better.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Morning everyone. Hope you feel better Princess. So today was weigh in day. I gained a 0.1# which is ironic to me. I think I am going to put that on those salty chips I had last night. So I have a list of errands I need to get done today, so hopefully I make it.

The weather is nice here today. We had a tornado warning I think yesterday. The weather was pretty nasty.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #12  
Chick

Princess, get some good rest and feel better soon.
Life4evr, up0.1# is miniscule----have a great on program day.
JUst back from my WW's meeting. Lost 2#. This new program is working for me. Yay.

Chat later. Running for an eye exam with my dh.
Judy
234.6/192.8/180's and thinner
Old 09-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Everyone has been so busy posting which is super.

Princess - hope you are better soon, not nice being sick.

Judy - You are rocking! Great job! I think I missed your post about a new plan? Tell me more.

All - congrats to everyone who has been losing weight.

As for myself, enjoyed my holiday & now have to get back on track.
Have my weigh in tomorrow & scale will be way up for sure. Even though
I was careful most days, there were quite a few times that one thing led to another & ended up being very high days. And as we all know, it sure doesn't take much of that for the weigh to creep right back on.

So goal this week is to get to my Tops meeting & face the scale, stay OP
and drink lots of extra water.

Good luck, everyone!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:11 PM   #14  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, simply-------I thought I was working WW really well, tracking, figuring out points plus, eating when hungry, etc. etc. and I wasn't losing any weight. Got frustrated when I actually put on 7# since Feb. True, I didn't walk on the boardwalk this summer and exercise was minimal. Long story short-----I was afraid I'd hit 200# again and not be able to stop, so I signed up at another franchise center here on Long Island. I buy their food and although I was hungry the first week, I'm getting used to that. I've lost the top fluffy weight and expect to lose between 1 and 2 pounds/week. That's what I was talking about. I am keeping my WW membership because I want to be in the community of my WW friends. It is worth the 40$ /month for me to do that. I don't know how long I will do this, nor do I know how fast any weight might come back. I'm trying to stay focused on the moment and not be concerned about what else might be. I've got about 3 pounds to lose to be in the 180's which had been my summer goal. I will reach that goal------it just may be a little later than summer to do that.

Wishing everyone a great night. You are wonderful support. I told two of my closest WW friends what I am doing. One said I need to do what works for me----don't worry about WW. And for now that's what I'm doing. Good luck to all of us however we get there!
Judy
234.6/192.8/180's and thinner
Old 09-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

@Judy as long as it is working for you no worries. I am taking a break from cleaning/packing/putting away clothes. I really need to go through my closet. Since my weight has fluctuated for the past several years i have everything in my closet from like an 18-24.

So I have successfully managed to stay on plan with my eating all day and actually track it. Which is major for me. Also I decided not to join a gym again just yet. It's not really in my budget right now. I live near a park and my neighborhood is a decent size. My student memebership is what put the gym within in my price range and since I am not a student currently its a little too much right now. Hope everyone has a goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote