Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #1  

Question Using an app to track calories when you vary daily allowance

I use an app called Lose It to track my calories. But it only has one set amount daily. I prefer to vary my calories as I have noticed I actually lose weight easier if I follow a rotating schedule. I've seen than other people on here do it as well.
Do any of you use an app to track cals and vary your daily allowance? Do you just record it and ignore the set allowance the app gives you?
Sounds like a silly question but i'm just curious
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I vary mine a small amount, natural variation rather than calorie cycling. I use FitDay, and it has a calendar which shows the individual calories eaten/burned for each day, as well as giving an average for each week. Unfortunately the calories burned figure, and thus the calorie deficit figure, is always incorrect for the weekly average, though at least the calories eaten figure is right. So I generally just glance at how my week's calories are doing day by day, and use that to guide me.

Does your app complain if you don't eat dead on the number of calories it suggests?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #3  

I vary my calories, and I use an app called Calorie Count. I love it! I think there is some "recommended" calorie allotment, but I just ignore it.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I ignore mine as well. I use mynetdiary.com. It tells me 1393 for losing 2 lbs a week. I try to keep it between 1400 and 1600 though.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I use Spark People, and I have it set to a range of about 450 calories- I'm usually toward the upper end of that, and I don't usually go over, but if I do, I just ignore the "recommendation."
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #6  
going for gold

i use myfitnesspal on my iphone, i find it user friendly, and it has a section where you can change the daily calories in the settings tab, i just stick to the set amount it gives me but some days i find im under the target and sometimes a little over it but not by huge amounts either way of the mark given.
Andynoo is offline   Reply With Quote