Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264.1/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Newbie on Day 5

Hi everyone:
I'm on Day 5 of reading through the book. I wanted to check in on the website here because it looks like a really supportive environment. I've asked by 25-year-old daughter to be my diet coach, but she works full-time, is married, has a two year old and is taking three college classes, so I don't know that she has time to really do it. It looks like there are a lot of coaching and encouragement possibilities in this group.

I've been on and off diets for my whole adult life, but my weight didn't get out of control until I got divorced in January of 2009. I joined Metabolic Research Center in the Spring of 2010 and lost 30 pounds, but then I started having gall bladder attacks and had my gall bladder out and that whole process got me out of the diet rhythm in October of 2010. Since December of last year, I've gained back 40 pounds.

So when I saw this program, I really trhought this could help me. I've always felt that I needed to really get my head wrapped around what I'm doing to make it a success. I tend to emotional/stress eat. This looks like a perfect thing to add to my weight loss program! I'm excited about having made some changes already that I think will finally stick in my life!

Joan
joanie830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Hi Joan, glad you've decided to join us in the Beck corner I'm only on day 9 myself but I like the fast paced environment here. I think it's good that you have your daughter for support, even if she's busy. You can set up maybe a weekly face to face mother daughter date to catch up and then share some of your dieting ups and downs. You can always rely on us here to get you through as well when she's not available!
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to the area!

Happy to have you join in!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:21 AM   #4  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi Joan,

It's a great start with the Beck strategies to already understand, "I've always felt that I really get my head wrapped around what I'm doing to make it a success. I tend to emotional/stress eat."

Feel free to join us in the monthly thread. There's no formula on what you should post. Most folks report how they've done for the day and use the forum as a place where they can give themselves credit - since most friends in real life might find it odd if we said to them, "I didn't eat a handful of nuts today," LOL.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote