Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 12:39 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Kid Chat Week of June 22

I have been without internet until today!!! The cable man just left and I am surfing!!!!!
Kaylee is really growing!!! We go friday for her 6 month shots..I cant believe 6 months ago today, I was comming home with a new baby!!! Time is flying!!! We did her pics yesterday and they should be e-mailed to me soon!!!

Lauren--I am not looking forward to driving 20hrs with 3 kids in tow..No one is up at the same time..Always someone in the dumps when U have more than 1...Kaylee should be better since she is eating more solids..We are up to 8tbls cereal/day and 1 jar of fruits and 1 jar of veges..It should hold her longer..She does still want to eat every 3 hrs though...

Karen--How are U and Alex doing?

Gotta run!!! Lunch time for the crew!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 06-22-2003 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:57 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys.

We are doing ok. Night time is still rough. We have gotten into an awful habit of staying up late and sleeping in the next day. We stayed up until 3 last night and slept untl 11:30!!

RR: Whew!! I don't envy you that trip. DH wants to try an RV. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Poor Alex would be stuck in his car seat the whole time.

Lauren: How is the job situation? Hope you hear soon. Sounds like your trip was wild.

I only have 7 more weeks of leave left. I just realized today that someone else will probably hear his first words and see his first steps and it made me so sad.

Anyhow, here is a new picture:
Old 06-23-2003, 07:35 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey, cranky baby this AM...actually, he's not cranky, he's just mad that he's being forced to lay on his tummy on the blanket and play with his toys and/or watch Sesame Street!! Pure Baby Torture, ya' know?

Karen, great pic, he's such a cutie patooty!! I have a phone interview today at 1:00 with a recruiter at my old job for a different position. Hoping Peter is either sleeping or just happy then! How's AJ sleeping these days? I assume you mean you and DH are up those hours?

You know, I used to get upset about daycare probably hearing his first words, seeing his first steps and all, but I don't know, I saw him roll first, I discovered his teeth first...I think I'll see his other things first. You could always tell them not to tell you if they see something, in case you haven't.

RR, you're lucky you were only w/o internet one day!! I thought I would go insane all week!! DH said to me on the way home, "So what's the first thing you're gonna do when you get home...after you get on the computer?!"

Still trying to get Peter used to cereal. He still plays mostly, so I'm not rushing it. When he gets to be more eager about actually eating it, not pushing it back out, I'll start thinking about veggies. I have the carrots I made him just waiting in the freezer.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:32 PM   #4  

Hi ladies! Happy monday to you all.

Karen, my kids have been going to daycare for at least 2-3 days a week since they were 6 weeks old. We had and "agreement" between the sitter and us... she'd say things like, "Um, I *think* Zoe is about to roll over." And that night she'd roll over! I always swore to myself that she really did it the first time for ME but who really knows? It's worked for us! And you know, kids don't just start walking or talking in one day. They'll take a step, fall down, do that for a couple of weeks, then two, then fall down... you have plenty of time to see all that stuff. The talking too, it's overrated. For a while they call EVERYTHING mamamamamamamamamamama then babababababababababa, then dadadadadadadadadada. Everyone gets so excited because they said "mama" but they call everything including the kitchen sink "mama." My point is that so many people get down on themselves and say they'll miss the first ____ whatever, and it's not really like that. I promise you.

Hanging in there on the dieting thing. I'm still motivated although I fell off my wagon this weekend. I didn't care, though, I planned for it so I ate really well the rest of the weekend.

Hubby is finally back from his 8 days in Canada. He grew a beard so the kids hardly recognized him! While he was gone I got about 7 inches of my hair cut off. I feel like a cool, easy-going summer mommy!

Well, working today but going back to the pool tomorrow. Have a nice week all!
Old 06-23-2003, 09:31 PM   #5  

Hello!!! Things have been a little rough with the SK's..Man,life is tough!!!Karen, my daycare has the same agreement..It was funny Friday when I picked up Kaylee, the lady said.."Kaylee is not far from turning over" and when I said Oh, she has done that for the last 2 months...She smiled and said..Oh it was the first time I ever saw her do it was today.!!!!

WEll, lets all get back on that band wagon!!!!
Off to take a bath and relax a bit..I am getting Kaylee to sleep by forcing her to eat more at 9;00pm...I did it Sat and Sun and she slept for 4 hrs at the beginning of the night..A friend makes her child eat a bottle right when she goes to sleep and it works!!!!

Lauren--Enclosed is a happy baby after her carrots!!!!

Karen--Tooo cute!!!!

Ahmalawyer--U R great to have around for the "looking forward to " insight!!! Glad the kids are well!!!

Have a great day all!!!
RR
Old 06-23-2003, 10:01 PM   #6  

Hi guys,

I bought a baby scale the other day and now I wish I hadn't !! He weighs 2 oz less today than he did on Friday and we have his 2 month appt on Wed. I'm so worried that she will say we have to supplement. This is so funny to me because I wanted to give up BF in the first week!! Now I'm upset because the pedi may want me to supplement!!

amlawyer: Thanks for the encouragement. Part of me REALLY wants to get back to work and part of me wants to stay home and take care of my little guy. It just makes me sad that the babysitter will know him better than I will and will spend more time with him than I will be able to.

Lauren: Nope, those are the hours that AJ was up (along with DH and me). I start trying to lay him down at 8:30 or 9 and he just won't stay. He wakes up within an hour and starts crying. I have not had the heart or desire to let him cry it out. BTW, I just wanted to let you know that the picture isn't showing up in your sig.

RR: What a cute picture!! I can't wait to start trying solids. I love all those messy face pictures. I have some very funny ones of my brother.

OK, gotta go. Little boy must be hungry. He is crying his eyes out with DH. Have a great evening.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:17 PM   #7  

Karen--Please dont let the supplementing upset U...I breast feed at night but during the day it is Enfamil Lipil..I will confess a secret....Sunday night, for the first time ever, I gave her 4 oz of Enfamil right at bedtime and then nursed her and it was the first time ever she slept the 4.5 hrs straight...U may have a happier baby and U still have succeeding in BF'ing..I cried when I had to start, but it is nothing against us, it is what we have to do for our baby!!!A can of powder formula lasts us 3 weeks soo the $20 goes far when it is just supplemental...Keep us posted on his appointment...We have the 6 month shots appointment on Friday soo I am curious to see what Ms Piglet is weighing now!!!!
RR
Old 06-25-2003, 09:11 AM   #8  
LBH

Hey All,

Karen- I know it's tough when they suggest supplementing, but really, it's OK. You'll still get all the BF'ing in that you need, but just a little extra to fill him up. I have been exclusively BF'ing Peter since I've been out of work...haven't pumped since 6/12, and still have that milk in the freezer. But occasionally I'll give him a bottle of formula (4 oz.), just to top him off, and it's calms him right down...usually puts him to sleep.

As far as the baby scale, is it possible that babies are the same as adults, and their weight fluctuates day to day? Did you weigh him at the same time, and naked (or in a diaper)? I don't know, but try not to stress too much! How much does he weigh?

I took the signature out, because I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Apparently Village Photos changed the URLs. I have to make a new siggy anyway!

RR- What a cutie patootie!! I hope Peter likes his veggies that much! Told DH we have to get a highchair this week, because I don't have anywhere to feed him! Our friends offered one, but that was a couple months ago, so we have to see if they still have it. Darn procrastinators that we are!

Adrienne- Post pics of the new 'do!! Thanks for the clothes, I got the package just as we were leaving!! I haven't had a chance to go through them yet, but they're greatly appreciated!

Peter's been having a ball blowing bubbles lately...he was actually doing rasberries on my boob last week!! It was soo funny, I was like, aren't you supposed to be eating?!

Have a great day all!
Old 06-25-2003, 09:20 AM   #9  
LBH

Here's some pics from vacation!

Teef!

Nana & Peter

Daddy & Peter

Peter hamming it up!

Peter "Elton John", showing off his shades!

Mommy & Peter
Old 06-25-2003, 10:02 AM   #10  

See, this is the lousy mom that I am... I have a picture of my new hair, but no new pictures of the kids! Actually, they keep me so busy, I don't have time to hold a camera!
Old 06-25-2003, 04:14 PM   #11  
LBH

Your hair looks great Adrienne!! I have no idea what it looked like before, but I like the style.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:34 PM   #12  

Hi guys,

YEAH, we passed the pedi visit!! He weighs 9# 2 oz (I'm going to return that baby scale, it was SO wrong!!) and is 22 1/2" long. Normal for height, 25% for wt. We don't care about the charts though they are compiled for FF kids, not BF kids. He did get the three shots today. The stupid nurse was so slow giving them to him I was in tears by the time she got through. He was giving the most bloodcurdling screams and heartbroken sobs. I wanted to nurse him but with my huge boobs it's not practical in her office...no place. Thank goodness we only live 5 minutes away so I was able to bring him home and comfort him. He is sitting in his bouncy seat right now just cooing and smiling. He is so cute.

Adrienne: Cute hair. I've been playing with DH's digital camera a lot taking picutes trying to figure out why I always chop the top of his head off.

Lauren: Those are the cutest pictures!! I want to teach Alex to swim ASAP. I'm terrified of the water and I don't want him to be.

OK, gotta go. Mr. Man needs me!!
Old 06-25-2003, 04:41 PM   #13  
LBH

Karen, Yeah, glad the appt. went well! Isn't it horrible when they cry like that?! I think Peter was actually worse at his 4 mo. appt. than the 2 mo.!!

I just read that it's not recommended to give them swimming lessons until they're 4 yrs. old, but I definitely recommend getting him used to the water! Do you guys have a pool you can bring him to? We get a free membership to DH's hometown pool, because he's a firefighter, so we're looking forward to bring him in the kiddie pool this summer. In fact we're going Saturday to get our pics taken for the badges. If we ever find time, we'll put up our little pool again too.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:32 PM   #14  

Hi guys,

We ordered a book case for Alex's room 10 weeks ago. They called today to say it was in. We went and picked it up tonight. They had to tie it to the top of the Outback. (wouldn't fit inside with the packing). We got it home, unwrapped it AND SOMEONE WROTE ON THE TOP OF IT!!!!!!! It looks like they wrote hard enough to go through the wrapping and leave marks. It's also cracked. I was so mad. Now we have to return the darn thing. We are going to return this one to BRU and see about having one made. There is a Mennonite comm in PA where we got stuff from when we bought the house. Our DR table, chairs and buffet were custom made for us for just under 1500. Hopefully we can get a bookcase for around 300.

Lauren: The Y by us offers swimming lessons starting at either three or four months. They are SO expensive though. $50/lesson WITH a membership. I don't know if we are going to bother to join. I think the lessons are 10 more w/o and the membersip is about 400/family/year.

Does anyone here belong to their Y? I was looking through the brochure and there doesn't seem to be much value in joining. All you get is to work out on their few machines, everything else is extra and LOTS extra. Not just a nominal fee.

OK, gotta go. Have a great evening.
Old 06-27-2003, 07:19 PM   #15  

Hello...I am soo upset..Had Kaylee's 6 month visit and almost all was well...SHe is 25 1/2 inches and 14lbs 12 oz...SHe was concerned with her head growing 2 cm since last visit and has ordered a CT scan of her brain on Monday at 12:30.. I have cried..she thinks all is fine cuz she has reached all the milestones with the sitting up, babbling etc but just wants to make sure things are ok..She is in the 50% for weight and height and the 95th for the head..Please pray all is ok....
Vicki
Closed Thread