Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/235/135

Height: 5' 6"

Default Any Hoopers Out There?

I am new to this forum and also new to hooping. Its actually fun and you really do work up a sweat. I cannot do any real tricks with it yet...I seem to be a slow learner. But the fact I am dripping sweat after hooping tells me I am burning some cals. That and good old fashioned walking are about the only exercises I REALLY like. I hope to make hooping a regular thing. I need to get focused and make sure I hoop at least 5 times a week.
HoopGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I think in the spring I will try hula hooping. A girl I went to school with used to make them and teach her students to make them. It seems like an exciting sport.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:03 AM   #3  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I haven't ever! But I just was thinking I need to add something into my routine that is easy to do from home and can be done on days I run or do weights also. This seems like a great thing!

How hard is it to get started?
Do you need to be really coordinated? I am not (yet).

I just found this website and it seems to be great on advice: http://www.hooping.org/groups/fitnes...core-strength/
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I have a weighted hoop, and I just can't seem to keep it going for more than eight rings. Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong...
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:38 AM   #5  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

I recently bought a weighted hula hoop and I've been trying but just can't seem to keep it up at all lol. I've been trying to look at those how to videos on youtube, but for the life of me I just can't hula! I really hope I can get it down eventually.
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Yes,I love it!! Awesome core workout, then I incorporate the "lasso" to get some arm workouts and try to throw in some lunges.

I'm trying to find classes so I can learn more tricks beyond just watching YouTube videos.

ANd it makes me happy!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I love my hoop! Our apartment is tiny so nothing but waist and hips for me. There are lots of youtube videos with basic instructions to get started.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #8  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I don't have the money right now - but I'll make this a treat. When I've lost atleast 5lbs by the end of september I am gonna buy a hoop and start hooping! I'm so excited already
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/196/160

Height: 5'3"

I started last week and I love it! I kind of overdid the first couple of days and then had to take a break. I was a bit bruised and swollen. Much better now. I am starting a class on the 20th.
Lucky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I just hooped for 40 minutes. Whew! I put on You Tube videos from Dirty Dancing and Grease and hooped my heart out (try to hand jive while hooping to Born to Hand Jive from Grease )

Such a good workout, I was sweaty with my heart pumping in no time, and didn't want it to end! I have found my indoor fall and winter exercise!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote