Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 02:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Stay at home mom's #75

WElcome to a thread full of encouragement, humor and support. Feel comfortable to join us all newcomers and regulars as we share our lives while losing weight.
Everyone Have A Great OP Day!
Old 06-22-2003, 03:06 PM   #2  

Congratulations Jackie on the 4# loss. I'm sure it will come back off and maybe with a little more come the loss of the TOM weight. Keep up the great work

Spryng I am so glad you didn't use the lax. You are doing exactly what you should be. Resting. It is so important to your body right now. It won't be long. And to be honest I know that inducing can bring harder more painful contractions but mine were so much smoother being induced. So PLEASE avoid all poop inducing agents! Just love ya girle and wanna see you get to enjoy this... and take advantage of feeling him kick, this is it hon.

Mel, I missed your post. You doing ok this weekend?

Ginny too, I'm lame brained... hope you are getting a nice calm weekend.

I'm super busy all day. Sundays usually are. But I thought I'd hop on here and see how Spryng was progressing.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all! I am feeling a little better now. Sorry about earlier. We went to my in-laws house and swam all afternoon and it was so relaxing. So now I am tired but feel calm. Tomorrow is my official due date. I can't believe 40 weeks is here already. This pregnancy has flown by. So if I don't go into labor on my own tomorrow I plan to do nothing really... just rest up for the induction on tuesday.
Well, I am off to bed. Hope everyone is having a great night!
Old 06-23-2003, 01:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi!

I'm putting my guess in on when Tanner is to emerge from the womb! My guess is: 6/23/03 in the 2:00 p.m. hour. Hmmnn.... let's see how close I get! Spryng: I guess I didn't realize that the Hosp. is 1 hour, 10 min. away from your house! Each pregnancy is different, just as we know oh so well, how different each of our children are. I guess I tend to "panic" with your inlaws & indeed run with my bag & hubby to be at least somewhat closer to the hospital. At the hospital that I gave birth to both my children at, they rent out additional days stays at less than the cost that you would pay for a hotel room as long as there are beds available. You may want to check this out. (Maybe your inlaws will pick up the bill?) It's worth looking in to. Well, I guess I'd better sign off for now, as I'm getting tired again. (1:00 a.m.) Good Luck!!

Last edited by Freckles; 06-23-2003 at 01:52 AM.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:12 AM   #5  

That's a great guess Jackie, and I hope you are right... but here it is 9:04 am and nothing much is happening. I did have non-painful contractions for an hour this morning at 10 min apart but as soon as I got up to shower either they stopped or I couldn't feel them anymore. That's normal for me. My guess would be tomorrow around 2 pm. If I do go into labor today he probably wouldn't arrive until late late tonight or very early in the morning. But you never know.
Today though I plan to clean. I want my kitchen swept and mopped, laundry caught up (again) etc. So that is all I will be doing today. I dont want to go anywhere if I can help it. Just stick around the house.
40 weeks today!! My official due date!!! I'll keep everyone posted today and all that. Talk to you all later!!
Old 06-23-2003, 12:35 PM   #6  
One day at a time.

Hello ladies,

I'm still here, just trying to rest! We had a kinda active weekend, and ended it at the hospital Sunday morning. I guess I over did it, and was so tired, and that made the baby tired or stressed. So we went into the hospital because she wasn't movingmuch at all for 2 days, but once I got there and they started poking and proding she woke up and is fine. But I was instructed to get more rest, so thats what I plan to do! It's going to be hard though, because this Friday is when I leave for La. and my baby shower!!!

Jackie, congrats on your big loss, and don't worry about your gain from TOM, I'm sure it'll come right off and then some!

Spryng, It's finally D-day (due day) I'm glad you're relaxing and not letting your in-laws get to you. They need to understand that you know whats best for you. Good luck, and I'll be waiting to hear the news soon!

Misty, Thanks for asking about me, I'm here and we're fine! Our weekend was nice, but busy, we moved most of the puppies outside and did a little shopping and I cooked a big dinner Sat. night! By Sunday morning I could think of nothing but the baby , so I called the L&D and the hospital and they told me to come in so they could do a non-stress test. I felt better as soon as I heard her little heart beating and then, the more the did to me the more she moved! After we left the hospital, I just rested all evening and today she's getting back to her busy routine.

Ginny, Where are you? I hope all is well with you, and you're can soon be off to enjoy the summer!

Well, that's it for me, I'm going to put some clothes on to wash and then lay down for a little nap maybe!?!

Have a good day!
Old 06-23-2003, 09:19 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Yes I am still alive.......just still busy. Feeling a bit tired and down too but tomorrow is the last day!!!!!!Woo Hoo!
THis will be short as I am so pooped.....
SPryng- hang in there girl!!!! Hopefully the next time you check in Tanner will be here to hold. Hope that your In laws calm down and leave you alone..........

Melissa- take it easy!!!!!!! And get some rest!

Jackie- congrats on the loss!!!!!! You are doing great (and I'm just a skippin' over that TOM gain......... )

Michele- thanks for starting the new thread. Hope that you enjoyed your Sunday.

Gotta go gang...........you all will hear me whooping for joy tomorrow when the last student is home.......actually, I will miss the little buggers......I have gotten attached to them (a sick mind is a terrible thing to waste......... and I am one sicko)
See ya tomorrow!!!!
Ginny
Old 06-23-2003, 11:19 PM   #8  

Good evening all.
Well today has been interesting. Did I stay home and clean and all that that I planned to do?? Oh no! I ended up in labor and delivery! I woke up with contractions 10 min apart so we decided to go to joplin to be close to the hospital in case it was the real deal and they stayed with me all day. Not getting closer not getting worse... just there. So before we came home I decided to just head over to Labor and Delivery to be checked and all that. So we did. Stayed two hours and was monitored and examined. I am still 3 cm and 75% effaced and after two hours my cervix didn't change so they sent me home. they probably would have let me stay all night since I am going to be induced tomorrow morning anyway but I wanted to see my kids and put them to bed and all that, so we came home. I took some tylenol pm to help me sleep and now I'm just letting everyone know that I will be having Tanner for sure tomorrow. I will be there at 6:30 am and hopefully (praying hard) that he will make his appearance before 3 pm. So lets all pray for a short and easy labor please!!?
But anyway... I am so nervous right now yet excited. I was looking at all the newborns in the nursery and I was longing to hold mine so badly. But tomorrow that wish will come true.
Well I need to get in bed. I will post all the details as soon as I get home wednesday (if I am released after 24 hours, which I should be) So think about me tomorrow and lets pray for a short and easy labor and a healthy baby ok? You guys have a great next couple of days and I'll miss you while I am gone. xoxo
Old 06-24-2003, 05:31 AM   #9  

Good ( early) morning all!
It's 4:19 am here and I had a terrible nights sleep. I even took that tylenol pm and it didn't help me get to sleep! So I've only had about 3 hours of sleep. But anyway... we are heading out the door at 5 am, but I thought since I was awake I would write one last email.
I am excited and more than nervous to have this baby. I am going to miss being pregnant, he has hiccups right now... I will never feel that again, but at the same time I am more than anxious to see his little face, hear his little cry, and hold him in my arms. Did I tell you that my Dh is going to get to deliver him?? My midwife said he could if everything is going ok. He is so happy and excited!! I'm excited for him. So I am praying Tanner makes his appearance before 3 pm today, preferably earlier but at least by 3 pm. So cross your fingers and hope with me. I know since I didn't get much sleep I am going to be so worn out... but what is new huh? With the other two I went into labor on my own and never got much sleep. And I handled their births just fine.
Ok... now I am rambling.
Guess I need to throw some clothes and and get around. You ladies have a wonderful day and I can't wait to fill you in on all the details when I get home!!
Oh and Mel congrats on hitting 30 weeks!!! Not much longer now is it? The countdown has begun!
And Misty, I'm thinking about you too right now. Your little one is safe and snug in the womb and the next few months will fly by and I'll be reading your birth story! I can't wait!! Take it easy today girls for me, ok?
Well, gotta go.
Love,
Spryng
Old 06-25-2003, 12:57 PM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Wow!!!!!!!
By now (and with the lack of posts!) Spryng must have delivered Tanner. I pray that the delivery went well- quickly and with no complications. I can't wait to hear how Mom and Baby are!!!!!!!!!

Where is everyone??? Seems so quiet here............
I have a nasty cold and basically feel awful. Just pure survival from one dose of advil to another (sore throat and headache to boot). Dd was kind enough to share this with me- she had it last week. Woo hoo!!!! No more school bus!!!!! I am so happy and thankful that the last week or so was cool (there ain't nothing hotter than a hot school bus.). Yesterday was hot- but oh well, it was the last day. My "families" chipped in and gave me $75 gift certificate to the mall........and I'm going to buy some new walking shoes!!!!!! (yes, I get excited about that......being that I put 15+ miles on a week, they wear out quickly) Whatever is left over, I don't know what I'll do with. My feet are fussy, so I have to get pricier walking shoes to avoid problems.
Went to my WI this am.......and I lost a not so big whopping 1#. Laura mentioned that most of us would not see big losses this week, as the humidity is up and so is the heat........so we retain more water. Considering that I did not walk as much (due to the double work schedule and this stupid cold) I am happy. Total loss is 26.6#.

Well, I gotta go..the troops just came in for lunch! Spryng, my thoughts and prayers are with you (you too Melissa and Michele!).
Jackie and Karen, stop in and say hello, ok? We miss you!
Ginny
Old 06-25-2003, 01:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Afternooon All!

First of all, I sure hope that everything went well with Spryng & Tanner! I can't believe how fast the time flew by since she first announced that she was pregnant! It won't be long & she will be joining us in this lousy weightloss battle! I guess it isn't that lousy when we have a great group of gals like we have here! Lately, I feel like one great big blob of fat! I've been trying so hard, with little results! I never used to think that I looked that big & didn't want to face reality when looking at a picture of myself. Now-even looking in a mirror, trying on clothes & finding out that my old size is too small is where reality is setting in lately. I guess I'll have to really get serious on "burning" some this fat off of me! Things are starting to settle down with the paperwork for my FIL & I think I'll be making my final trip to S.S. this afternoon. My dd went to Girl Scout Horse Camp for this entire week. This is the first time that she has left us for an entire week! I sure miss her, but I don't miss the extra chasing that I usually do with her! I've been using her bedroom as a "dumping grounds" while I'm cleaning out our Master Bedroom walk-in closet. And for ds-he's been home a week from his Washington, DC trip & now is enrolled in Exploring Wisconsin's Heritage. It's a 10-day summer school program that's just plain fun! They take daily field trips that pertain to the history of our state. Yesterday they went for an 8-mile bike trip & today they are canoeing! So-it's been rather quiet around here for this week. (Gives me a chance to get caught up around the house.) I'm hoping to get down in the basement & finish that up! (Maybe then I'll have the incentive to go down & use the recumbent bike & treadmill! I'm bound & determined that the only way to get rid of this flab is to melt it off with exercise!! Well gals, I better scoot & go back to my "cleaning mode". TTFN!

P.S. Ginny: I'm sorry that you're feeling "under the weather". Glad that your life can slow down from that "Big Yellow Submarine!" Congrats on the $75.00 gift certificate from the families on your route! I bet you were surprised! But then-to have such a nice bus driver, with a crazy sense of humor, who couldn't think of the best for her! I'll never forget the "Chimpmunk" story that you told us all! I hope that you find the perfect pair of shoes for all your running! Well, I'd better scoot this time. Bye!

Last edited by Freckles; 06-25-2003 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:14 AM   #12  

Good evening all!! I AM HOME WITH MY BABY!!

Everything went perfect! I will post a whole birth story soon, but here is the basics.
My labor was only 6 1/2 hours from first contraction to body emerging (whoo-hoo!!) and my baby that was suppose to be HUGE?? Turned out to be 7 lbs even! 19 3/4 in long and he was born at 2:27 pm. I am so happy with the birth experiance and my little boy is so cute and adorable!! But we are home now and he is sleeping away in his bassinet. I will post the rest as soon as I can. I am sore and my tailbone is very bruised so sitting really hurts so I'm getting off of here. Can't wait to fill you in on the rest soon!!
Old 06-26-2003, 07:48 AM   #13  

Aww I'm gonna cry Spryng. I'm so happy for you! What a perfect size. My 2nd Dd was like that induced and it was a perfect labor too. I hope your tail feels better soon. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story and if Joe got to deliver him... CONGRATULATIONS!
Glad you are taking it easy Mel. Sounds as tho you really need to. Hope you get plenty of rest
Ginny, wow what a total loss. you must feel fab. I know I would. We are so proud of you!
Jackie, I hate to hear you feeling so down about your size and weight. But that too is part of TOM and the bloat, huh. Hang in there hon.
I'm doing great. It's REALLY hot here and our air is out so we are all huddled in front of the fans. I'll check back in later to see how Spryng is feeling.
Have a great OP day!!!
Old 06-26-2003, 11:07 PM   #14  

Good evening all!
Just a quick hello before I go to bed. Tanner is doing great! He slept in 4 1/2 hour stretches last night between feedings which was nice. We just laid him down for the night so I need to get some sleep too but I wanted to check in really quick. I am working on my birth story and will share it really soon I promise! Hope everyone here is doing well. G'nite!
Old 06-27-2003, 05:31 AM   #15  
One day at a time.

Congratulations Spryng!!!!! I'm happy to hear that things are going so well, he sounds like such a good baby! And yes, you need all of the rest you can get, so take care, and we look forward to hearing all about Tanner's birth!

Ginny, Congratulations to you to, for such a great WI, and WOW, that total lost is awesome!!! Keep it up, and I'll join you all back at Weight Watching again soon!

As for me, I just couldn't sleep (back ache) so I decided to get up and finish up a few last minute things before we leave for La. for the Baby shower (it's Sunday). I've been feeling pretty good, and I've been resting more, but this weekend I'm sure will be a bit hectic (in a good way!). I plan to try and balance out everything and not over do it too much, and I'll have my mom big hot tub to enjoy (with my DR's permission!!! I'm so excited to see what kinds of things we get for Myra, and to think I only have just over 8 weeks now!!!

Oh well, I think I may have to go take a little nap, I'll check in when I get back home in a few days! I hope everyone is well, and has a great weekend!!!
Closed Thread